Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

2.0

on 12/6/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This did nothing for me. I have long, thick straight hair and it just didn't hold at all. Probably best for people with short, fine hair. I got it for $17 at a mom & pop beauty supply.

on 4/20/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first want to mention that I have long, thin, and slightly wavy hair that I usually air dry with some curl enhancing product for a wavy-beachy look. The last time I had my hair cut, it was with a new stylist and she recommended I use this along with Biosilk's Silk Therapy. The results she'd given my hair was such that I had to go out and get it myself. I was extremely put off by the price (around $16+tax at Trade Secret) but gone ahead and bought it. I kind of wish I'd returned it now though since it's just an okay product. The product itself has a nice smell and a fun clear/rainbowish color to it which I like but it's very sticky and a bit hard to work with. I usually use a little at a time by getting a bit of moisture from my damp hair and mixing the wax within my fingers and that seems to work pretty well. One fact I do like about it is that it doesn't leave me with a crunchy or hard finish to my waves and it holds up pretty well throughout the day. I did have to deduct 2 lippies though for its stickyness and the hard to work factor. Would not buy again because I'm pretty certain I can find something better or of equal quality at a lower price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with another reviewer...this stuff absorbs and then basically doesn't do anything after awhile. It also left my hair greasy even though I did not use that much of this product. I do tend to have an oily scalp...so this is probably not best for people with that type of hair...for drier I bet it would be great. I also thought it was so expensive!!! This stuff was $17 with tax at ulta...too much to me. I ended up taking this back today and getting my money back.

Popular Styling Products