Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

on 11/20/2001 10:22:00 PM

I love this product. It is great for taming flyaways and texturizing. Used sparingly, it does not add weight or look greasy.

on 4/3/2002 3:06:00 PM

I am loving this stuff as a shiner for my long hair. I use about a quarter size amount through damp hair before drying and it leaves my hair untangled, ungreasy and shiny.

Honestly, it did not tame my fly aways!! but it did add shine..

I love this product! it works great. even works good to spike up my hair. the price is a bit steep at 14.00 a tub. but its worth it.

Too gooey. Leaves hair gooey even if you use a teeny tiny bit.

on 2/15/2003 10:43:00 PM

The shimmery iridescence of this product drew me to buy it, but it didn't hold my hair in place at all. It does not hold well, and there is nothing wax-y about it.

on 4/7/2003 3:31:00 AM

The product works well to create piece-y look. But it is very sticky and hard to apply to dry hair. I guess i have to apply it when my hair is still damp.

on 6/15/2003 11:31:00 PM

I'm still on the fence with this one. I've had problem with waxes and pomades making my fine hair look greasy no matter how little I use. This product was not as bad as others, but I need to try it again using even less (3 tries so far haven't worked out). I have layered hair I like to make look "piecey" and messy.

on 1/25/2004 8:11:00 AM

This product worked pretty well for those short, little hairs that tend to stick up on the top. That's the main reason I bought it. Although, it did not get every little stuborn hair to stay down. That's why I have to give it 4 lippies out of 5. I'm not sure if there is any wax/pomade product that is perfect, but I'm willing to do some searching before I settle with this one. Some other things I like about this product is that it's water based and doesn't make my hair feel all goopy and doesn't cause build up. The price is comparable to other pomades out there, around $17 or $18 USD for a 1.07 oz. container. One container lasts me over 1 year.

on 8/15/2004 1:38:00 AM

ahh, this stuff did nothing for me, but then i think it's meant for those with short, peicy cuts. I have just-past sholder length hair, and i tried to make this work. i tried to use it to slick back my pony tail, but it just looked greasy. i tried to use it to define my layers in front of my face, and even though i used a tiny bit, it just got all glumpy. oh, and the product buildup it caused on my super-fine hair was dreadful! i had to scrub like there is no tommorow. i would imagine this would be great for someone who NEEDS a pomade to keep their cut in shape, otherwise, i wouldnt go near it.