Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 12/6/2010 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have had this in my drawer for at least 7 years. Somehow its half way gone. I think I keep it and use it off and on hoping I will like it some day.

WELL TODAYS THE DAY !!

I finally 'get' the name. Water wax. Its not heavy. I have fine, wavy color treated hair that I usually wear straight or curled, and its layered. I also have bangs that I have kind of texturized and wear kind of to the side, with a major cowlick in the front.

I've used this the last few days - I rotate thru Jonathan Dirt and some stuff by Aveda, and I've noticed this is SUPER clean. Not oily, not heavy and I can use it on my bangs and they don't look dirty and gross a day later. I like to go about 4 days between washings and this doesn't seem to propel me closer to a wash than other pomade/wax products do.

WOW. It also seems to volumize. And all very lightly. I am impressed. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out. I put this on my hair dry as a final 'finishing' product.

on 5/16/2008 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have straight shoulder length Latin hair. I wasnít very impressed with this product especially, at $17 dollars not including tax. I bought this for my part to keep stray hairs in place. It made my hair feel greasy and unwashed even when using very little. (Btw, I donít have an oily scalp). It looked as though I had a stingy unwashed scalp and hair. I wont be buying this again.

on 2/28/2008 11:43:00 AM

Out of any waxes or pomades, I like this one best. It's lighter than the other ones I've tried. I like to use it to keep my side swept bangs in place but not stiff and unnatural. It has a pleasant smell to it and it's not very sticky nor does it dull the hair like some do. It lasts a looong time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best pomade I have found so far. It is not too greasy and works perfectly for piecing out my extremely textured cut. A perfect amount of shine, it doesn't look sick and wet. I use the tiniest amount and warm it up in my hands before.

I used this when I had very short hair almost everyday and loved it.It tames frizzies and took away puffiness while adding major shine.The smell is just unbelievable;it's SO good!The cleanest smell ever.The pomade itself is a beautiful crystal clear sea foam green color with opalescent particles throughout it.I no longer use this but gave the rest to my brother.So it's great for men,too.

on 1/1/2006 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My hairstyle changes frequently and this is the product I go back to whenever I do shorter/layered hairstyles. I have straight hair that has a tiny bit of natural wave at the ends, so I'm prone to frizzies...Redken's water wax helps in defining layers while smoothing the hair shaft down a bit. I like using it better than a regular shine serum because it has a tiny amount of holding power and texturizing properties. This is the only "wax" that I'll use...comparable products labeled as waxes are just that -- very hard to work with and will rip your hair out unless you have a very short cropped haircut. This is more like a very firm gel in a jar. It has that pool blue color with some shimmer particles. I suppose this adds shine to my hair...but if I have any color treatments in, I always need to use a glossing spray to get any sheen back in. Nice product overall...I do stress that it works better for short cuts, unless you just want to apply it to hair ends.

I have used this stuff for over 2 years. I really could not imagine not having it. It is a MUST for the days I use my chi iron. It is pricey but lasts forever cause you only need a tiny bit. After I style my hair I put it on the flyaway pieces or any part that looks funny. My hair would look so bad without it. I keep it in my purse all day for touchups. It is great. My only complaint is that after you get close to the bottom it seems to change consistency and gets a lot less solid and hard to use. Strange. But overall very good!

on 12/27/2004 10:14:00 PM

Doesn't do anything for my medium-long hair, except when spot-applied by rubbing a small amount to the ends by thumb and finger. The irridescent sheen is very pretty in the jar, but undetected in hair. Provides light hold that doesn't last long in dry winter air. I'd buy it again only to use it for a lived-in look near roots.

on 10/30/2004 1:27:00 PM

This stuff works best for short choppy hair, to give seperation and tame frizz.
I blow my hair bone dry (it usually looks like a puff ball after blowdrying) and I rub between my hands and work thru the ends. It gives my ends that choppy seperated look, and doesn't leave hair feeling as greasy as other types of waxes. I would buy this product again =)

on 8/10/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is a great finishing product for my short hair. I used Bumble and Bumble styling wax for a long time, but I am liking the Redken better. It seems lighter and easier to use than the B&B. It is a little sticky, however.

Popular Styling Products