Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product. The consistency is pretty special, it really becomes kind of watery and non-greasy. It adds some texture and movement to your hair with a bit of hold, although not too much. I would consider it closer to a pomade than a wax... I expect a wax to have a bit more hold. This is closer to texturizer with shine and is nice and light, although if you use too much it can be heavy/greasy of course.

I have used several of these over the past 10 years and will always have it on hand. Great especially if you have layers or want to emphasize some choppiness & movement.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very thick, coarse, wavy hair that I have to stuff into a tidy bun 12 hours a week during my dance classes. I was using gels and hair sprays, but I wanted something that didn't crystalize. I have to go straight from dance classes to my academic classes.

I really like this pomade, because it tames fly aways for my dance classes, but I can take my hair down and have a more relaxed and casual look when I go about the rest of my day.

My hair also tends to be frizzy right after I wash it, so a dab of this pulled through damp hair helps keep my waves from being wrecked and turning into cotton candy.

on 12/15/2005 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

THIS IS VERY GOOD, I HAVE THAT MEG RYAN U GOT MAIL CUT AND THIS GIVES IT THAT PIECY LOOK WITH A LITTLE HOLD, A LITTLE HARD TO USE THOUGH, SOMEWHAT GREASY LOOK IF YOU USE TOO MUCH AT ONCE.

on 2/9/2004 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have shoulder-length coarse hair cut in layers - for me, this product is good at creating piece-y definition. I don't find it too greasy-looking, but my hair's pretty dry/processed. I used to use Paul Mitchell's dry wax which is much stiffer - lately I'm preferring this product because it's a bit wetter and adds a little shine.

on 11/26/2003 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG - this stuff is great! When I got my hair cut off in June (why???), I had to use some type of styling aid. I tried the Aveda, but it was too heavy. Water Wax is easy to use, lightweight and separates well. It doesn't weigh my semi-fine hair down and also has a clean scent. I gave it a 3 for packaging - I always get it under my nails when scooping out of tub. I will always buy this product, even now that I'm growing my hair back out.

on 6/13/2001 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite wax/pomade, although Kusco-Murphy's is now giving it a run for its money. It is cheaper than the KM, and has a beautiful scent. There is some shimmer in the wax, but I don't notice any on my medium-brown hair with blond highlights. It's a softer wax than KM or Sheer Blonde, and it rinses easily off the hands and out of the hair. I think in the control department, KM might be slightly better, but KM is a stiffer wax. Points off the packaging quality because I notice that the words printed on the sides of the jar rub off pretty fast.