Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Other
Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Total HG pomade. It gives the perfect amount of shine and hold to lay frizzies down. It's also water based so your hair doesn't look greasy nor are you left with a gunky feel in your hairl. Start of with a small amount rubbed between palms and slide down through hair.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One word sums this up: gross. I've tried other brands of wax or pastes and this is my least favorite. It doesn't hold and gums up. I have fine but thick straight, healthy hair.

on 4/13/2004 10:50:00 PM

I have fine, naturally straight hair and I recently got a short, layered above-the-shoulder haircut. I bought this product based on the recs of some MUAers. I use this wax to add a little definition to the ends of my hair for that "piecey" look. This product also helps add a little volume: After I apply the wax and fluff up my hair, the wax helps hold up my hair a little (it falls a little after awhile but all I have to do is fluff it up again). I have to be careful how much product I use, though. If I put on even a little bit too much, my fine hair will look greasy and dirty. It also makes my hair a little stiff, making it a bit harder to brush. Overall, I am on the fence about this product. It does give a little definition, but not as nearly a piecey look as I'd like. It's also pretty expensive for such a small tub (a little goes a long way, though). However, as long as I can't find a better product out there, I will continue to use this. continued >>

on 1/8/2004 12:02:00 PM

I love this stuff. My hair has become somewhat fine and with my new layered look I needed something to give it added oomph. This does the trick without weighing it down or making it look greasy (miracles unto themselves I tell you). A tiny amount (like the size of a tic tac) is enough for my whole head of shoulder length and longer hair. Smooths, seperates, and adds shine. Can't imagine being without it.

on 6/9/2003 11:55:00 PM

When I use this is does give a textury look to my hair BUT you have to be SOO careful because if you use just a little to much then you look like a greaseball and have to go wash your hair! I am to scared to use it! LOL
As far as waxes go I think this one feels more light weight then most

on 3/23/2003 5:42:00 AM

This product is very comparable in effect only to TiGi Rubber Rage. It has the same irridecent qualities while in the container and it really has the same texture in your hands, but once you apply it to your hair you notice the difference. This product is much more watery and is better for all over sealing. I have a chin legth inverted bob and I have forfeited my Rubber Rage for the lighter texture of Water Wax. The price is not to high considering you really do not need much of this product. Great as an all over sealer for crazy fly aways and uneven pieces of hair that are a direct result of growing out a super short pixie cut.

on 2/15/2003 1:13:00 PM

this pomade has a light scent and a firm gel texture. it holds and separates well, but tends to get very sticky in the hair in high humidity.

A really nice shiner and pomade for shorter hair styles. But if you use too much you get grease! yuck! Use is moderation!

on 12/16/2001 5:43:00 PM

I really like this. Not too greasy, adds shine and texture and comes off easily. Smells good too.

Popular Styling Products