Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 7/12/2002 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this wax during my spiky (but not *too* spiky) hair phase. I had been trying a lot of waxes, and most of them make me feel like I was tugging my hair out by the roots. This one went on much more smoothly and pretty much did the trick. It had less hold and more shine than other waxes, but it still separated my spikies nicely. It probably won't do if you are trying to get a very severe hold. In addition, the twin hairwax bugaboos of stickiness and a greasy look still applied, but much less than with other waxes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A holy grail for my short curly hair (I alternate this with John Frieda's Funky Chunky). I apply it on dry hair and it does a great job of texturizing my hair. Not too crazy about the tub, but will deal with this to get the results I get with this product.

on 6/15/2003 11:31:00 PM

I'm still on the fence with this one. I've had problem with waxes and pomades making my fine hair look greasy no matter how little I use. This product was not as bad as others, but I need to try it again using even less (3 tries so far haven't worked out). I have layered hair I like to make look "piecey" and messy.

on 7/3/2003 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

OMG! Do I ever love this stuff! I've used it on everything from a short pixie to my current shoulder length bob. I have highly processed hair that tends to look really dry and frizzy. This calms it right down. I take a little dab of it and rub it between my palms. Then I just run my hands through my hair and I get beautiful shine and definition but no greasiness. I've used just about every wax and pomade out there and I keep on returning to this one. It's really my all time favorite.

The gel texture is goopy and difficult to manage. Despite my efforts, I just couldn't acheive the coveted piece-y look with this. Instead, my hair wound up greasy and flat. I ended up tossing it in the trash.

on 8/10/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is a great finishing product for my short hair. I used Bumble and Bumble styling wax for a long time, but I am liking the Redken better. It seems lighter and easier to use than the B&B. It is a little sticky, however.

on 10/13/2005 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a good product. I like that it is water-based and doesn't make my hair look greasy if I use a bit too much. It does not provide strong hold, so I just use it on the ends of my hair to give it a piecey look. The smell is pleasantly clean, and fortunately, the microglitter does not show up on my hair. The price is pretty high for such a small container, but it lasts a long time. I would buy this wax again.

I have found this product very useful. I have very long chemically treated hair that is naturally wavy and the ends tend to split and look very fried between color treatments. A small amount of Water Wax run through my ends after blow drying helps combat the frizz/split problem.

I like this pomade as it doesn't leave my hair greasy. Very light and helps tame the frizzies and flyaways like a dream. It really does not have any hold at all, but I like it as it keeps my fine medium length hair from being bad during the day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very thick, coarse, wavy hair that I have to stuff into a tidy bun 12 hours a week during my dance classes. I was using gels and hair sprays, but I wanted something that didn't crystalize. I have to go straight from dance classes to my academic classes.

I really like this pomade, because it tames fly aways for my dance classes, but I can take my hair down and have a more relaxed and casual look when I go about the rest of my day.

My hair also tends to be frizzy right after I wash it, so a dab of this pulled through damp hair helps keep my waves from being wrecked and turning into cotton candy.