Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is just meh. I have Medium length (1 inch below shoulders) fine, straight hair that tens to be be dry and flyaway. If you use too much of this stuff, your hair will look more greasy. My boyfriend commented that it took the "Life" out of my hair. It looked kinda limp. He was right. But I gave it to my teenage son who has ultra thick wavy hair and he likes it for texture and it works much better on his hair type. I was hoping to get that piecy look with this but it failed miserably for me. It's expensive but I can see this jar lasting forever. It will probably go "bad" before you use it all. So fine hair folks, not good. Wavy, coarse hair, yes.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One word sums this up: gross. I've tried other brands of wax or pastes and this is my least favorite. It doesn't hold and gums up. I have fine but thick straight, healthy hair.

on 9/28/2007 9:40:00 PM

Cant believe I havent written a review on this stuff yet. Have been using this for years and have turned some friends onto this stuff. Its very lightweight, not sticky and has a very light fragrance. Its great for separation & helps w/the flyaways. BTW I have very thick & coarse hair. Im probably on my 3rd jar which for me to repurchase a product doesnt happen very often. One of my hgs.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very thick, coarse, wavy hair that I have to stuff into a tidy bun 12 hours a week during my dance classes. I was using gels and hair sprays, but I wanted something that didn't crystalize. I have to go straight from dance classes to my academic classes.

I really like this pomade, because it tames fly aways for my dance classes, but I can take my hair down and have a more relaxed and casual look when I go about the rest of my day.

My hair also tends to be frizzy right after I wash it, so a dab of this pulled through damp hair helps keep my waves from being wrecked and turning into cotton candy.

I like this pomade as it doesn't leave my hair greasy. Very light and helps tame the frizzies and flyaways like a dream. It really does not have any hold at all, but I like it as it keeps my fine medium length hair from being bad during the day.

I have found this product very useful. I have very long chemically treated hair that is naturally wavy and the ends tend to split and look very fried between color treatments. A small amount of Water Wax run through my ends after blow drying helps combat the frizz/split problem.

on 10/13/2005 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a good product. I like that it is water-based and doesn't make my hair look greasy if I use a bit too much. It does not provide strong hold, so I just use it on the ends of my hair to give it a piecey look. The smell is pleasantly clean, and fortunately, the microglitter does not show up on my hair. The price is pretty high for such a small container, but it lasts a long time. I would buy this wax again.

on 8/10/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is a great finishing product for my short hair. I used Bumble and Bumble styling wax for a long time, but I am liking the Redken better. It seems lighter and easier to use than the B&B. It is a little sticky, however.

The gel texture is goopy and difficult to manage. Despite my efforts, I just couldn't acheive the coveted piece-y look with this. Instead, my hair wound up greasy and flat. I ended up tossing it in the trash.

on 7/3/2003 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

OMG! Do I ever love this stuff! I've used it on everything from a short pixie to my current shoulder length bob. I have highly processed hair that tends to look really dry and frizzy. This calms it right down. I take a little dab of it and rub it between my palms. Then I just run my hands through my hair and I get beautiful shine and definition but no greasiness. I've used just about every wax and pomade out there and I keep on returning to this one. It's really my all time favorite.