Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Total HG pomade. It gives the perfect amount of shine and hold to lay frizzies down. It's also water based so your hair doesn't look greasy nor are you left with a gunky feel in your hairl. Start of with a small amount rubbed between palms and slide down through hair.

on 7/26/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfect if you want your hair to REALLY lay down!

on 9/28/2007 9:40:00 PM

Cant believe I havent written a review on this stuff yet. Have been using this for years and have turned some friends onto this stuff. Its very lightweight, not sticky and has a very light fragrance. Its great for separation & helps w/the flyaways. BTW I have very thick & coarse hair. Im probably on my 3rd jar which for me to repurchase a product doesnt happen very often. One of my hgs.

on 12/2/2006 11:19:00 PM

I LOVE this product!!! I have ultra fine, straight, dark hair. I've recently added platinum highlights and I use it to chunk them out. It really makes them stand out and gives my fine hair volume. It's absolutely fabulous!! Do be careful to only use a small amount and make sure your warm it up with your hands before dabbing it into hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this for defining my part and taming flyaways after I flat iron. Since my hair is so fine and thin and prone to breakage (hence the flyaways), I need something that doesn't make my hair look greasy and this fits the bill perfectly. A pea sized amount is all I use.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best pomade I have found so far. It is not too greasy and works perfectly for piecing out my extremely textured cut. A perfect amount of shine, it doesn't look sick and wet. I use the tiniest amount and warm it up in my hands before.

on 11/26/2003 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG - this stuff is great! When I got my hair cut off in June (why???), I had to use some type of styling aid. I tried the Aveda, but it was too heavy. Water Wax is easy to use, lightweight and separates well. It doesn't weigh my semi-fine hair down and also has a clean scent. I gave it a 3 for packaging - I always get it under my nails when scooping out of tub. I will always buy this product, even now that I'm growing my hair back out.

on 7/3/2003 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

OMG! Do I ever love this stuff! I've used it on everything from a short pixie to my current shoulder length bob. I have highly processed hair that tends to look really dry and frizzy. This calms it right down. I take a little dab of it and rub it between my palms. Then I just run my hands through my hair and I get beautiful shine and definition but no greasiness. I've used just about every wax and pomade out there and I keep on returning to this one. It's really my all time favorite.

on 3/23/2003 5:42:00 AM

This product is very comparable in effect only to TiGi Rubber Rage. It has the same irridecent qualities while in the container and it really has the same texture in your hands, but once you apply it to your hair you notice the difference. This product is much more watery and is better for all over sealing. I have a chin legth inverted bob and I have forfeited my Rubber Rage for the lighter texture of Water Wax. The price is not to high considering you really do not need much of this product. Great as an all over sealer for crazy fly aways and uneven pieces of hair that are a direct result of growing out a super short pixie cut.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A holy grail for my short curly hair (I alternate this with John Frieda's Funky Chunky). I apply it on dry hair and it does a great job of texturizing my hair. Not too crazy about the tub, but will deal with this to get the results I get with this product.

Popular Styling Products