Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 4/14/2010 10:19:00 PM

I have very fine hair, but lots of it, and with my new ultra short pixie cut I wanted something to keep the 'piecy' look and mega shine going. So I bought almost everything and this was amongst my "haul".

This product does nothing for me. Even a dime sized amount makes my hair look "dirty"/greasy. It doesn't shine at all. It dries up after about an hour and it looks like you didn't wash your hair AND you didn't put any styling product in. Not nice.

I much prefer Aveda Brilliante for shine and Sebastian Molding Mud for "piecing out" the ends. Just my .02!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One word sums this up: gross. I've tried other brands of wax or pastes and this is my least favorite. It doesn't hold and gums up. I have fine but thick straight, healthy hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with another reviewer...this stuff absorbs and then basically doesn't do anything after awhile. It also left my hair greasy even though I did not use that much of this product. I do tend to have an oily scalp...so this is probably not best for people with that type of hair...for drier I bet it would be great. I also thought it was so expensive!!! This stuff was $17 with tax at ulta...too much to me. I ended up taking this back today and getting my money back.

on 9/22/2005 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

YUCK YUCK YUCK...sticky messy, hard to use and weighs your hair down. Not often that I dislike a priduct so much. It made me feel like my hair was dirty and oily. I prefer Tigi Manipulator which is gucky but works a lot better. DID I SAY YUCK!!!

I tried straigtening my hair with this product, but i won't be doing that again! Worst product ever bought. The only thing it did do my hair was make it greasy and gross looking, it was also heavy. Didn't help straighten my hair at all. At $15 it is $15 overpriced. Save your money for Murray's $2 pomade! Trust me.

on 8/15/2004 1:38:00 AM

ahh, this stuff did nothing for me, but then i think it's meant for those with short, peicy cuts. I have just-past sholder length hair, and i tried to make this work. i tried to use it to slick back my pony tail, but it just looked greasy. i tried to use it to define my layers in front of my face, and even though i used a tiny bit, it just got all glumpy. oh, and the product buildup it caused on my super-fine hair was dreadful! i had to scrub like there is no tommorow. i would imagine this would be great for someone who NEEDS a pomade to keep their cut in shape, otherwise, i wouldnt go near it.

on 11/18/2003 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I did not like this product. I used just a bit to smooth frizz after blowdrying and straightening but it left my hair a greasy mess. Very goopy, sticky product too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is just meh. I have Medium length (1 inch below shoulders) fine, straight hair that tens to be be dry and flyaway. If you use too much of this stuff, your hair will look more greasy. My boyfriend commented that it took the "Life" out of my hair. It looked kinda limp. He was right. But I gave it to my teenage son who has ultra thick wavy hair and he likes it for texture and it works much better on his hair type. I was hoping to get that piecy look with this but it failed miserably for me. It's expensive but I can see this jar lasting forever. It will probably go "bad" before you use it all. So fine hair folks, not good. Wavy, coarse hair, yes.

on 12/6/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This did nothing for me. I have long, thick straight hair and it just didn't hold at all. Probably best for people with short, fine hair. I got it for $17 at a mom & pop beauty supply.

on 2/12/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I don't remember Water Wax doing much for me. I used it when I would put my hair in ponytails in order to tame flyaways. But then again, I could have been using it wrong on my African-American relaxed hair.

I really used it to slick back my edges, and it was ok but nothing spectacular because it didn't really have any kind of hold. Plus it seemed hideously greasy. Not worth the money I spent, which was like $17!