Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 12/6/2010 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have had this in my drawer for at least 7 years. Somehow its half way gone. I think I keep it and use it off and on hoping I will like it some day.

WELL TODAYS THE DAY !!

I finally 'get' the name. Water wax. Its not heavy. I have fine, wavy color treated hair that I usually wear straight or curled, and its layered. I also have bangs that I have kind of texturized and wear kind of to the side, with a major cowlick in the front.

I've used this the last few days - I rotate thru Jonathan Dirt and some stuff by Aveda, and I've noticed this is SUPER clean. Not oily, not heavy and I can use it on my bangs and they don't look dirty and gross a day later. I like to go about 4 days between washings and this doesn't seem to propel me closer to a wash than other pomade/wax products do.

WOW. It also seems to volumize. And all very lightly. I am impressed. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out. I put this on my hair dry as a final 'finishing' product.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product. The consistency is pretty special, it really becomes kind of watery and non-greasy. It adds some texture and movement to your hair with a bit of hold, although not too much. I would consider it closer to a pomade than a wax... I expect a wax to have a bit more hold. This is closer to texturizer with shine and is nice and light, although if you use too much it can be heavy/greasy of course.

I have used several of these over the past 10 years and will always have it on hand. Great especially if you have layers or want to emphasize some choppiness & movement.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with another reviewer...this stuff absorbs and then basically doesn't do anything after awhile. It also left my hair greasy even though I did not use that much of this product. I do tend to have an oily scalp...so this is probably not best for people with that type of hair...for drier I bet it would be great. I also thought it was so expensive!!! This stuff was $17 with tax at ulta...too much to me. I ended up taking this back today and getting my money back.

on 2/9/2004 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have shoulder-length coarse hair cut in layers - for me, this product is good at creating piece-y definition. I don't find it too greasy-looking, but my hair's pretty dry/processed. I used to use Paul Mitchell's dry wax which is much stiffer - lately I'm preferring this product because it's a bit wetter and adds a little shine.

on 1/25/2004 8:11:00 AM

This product worked pretty well for those short, little hairs that tend to stick up on the top. That's the main reason I bought it. Although, it did not get every little stuborn hair to stay down. That's why I have to give it 4 lippies out of 5. I'm not sure if there is any wax/pomade product that is perfect, but I'm willing to do some searching before I settle with this one. Some other things I like about this product is that it's water based and doesn't make my hair feel all goopy and doesn't cause build up. The price is comparable to other pomades out there, around $17 or $18 USD for a 1.07 oz. container. One container lasts me over 1 year.

on 1/8/2004 12:02:00 PM

I love this stuff. My hair has become somewhat fine and with my new layered look I needed something to give it added oomph. This does the trick without weighing it down or making it look greasy (miracles unto themselves I tell you). A tiny amount (like the size of a tic tac) is enough for my whole head of shoulder length and longer hair. Smooths, seperates, and adds shine. Can't imagine being without it.

on 7/3/2003 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

OMG! Do I ever love this stuff! I've used it on everything from a short pixie to my current shoulder length bob. I have highly processed hair that tends to look really dry and frizzy. This calms it right down. I take a little dab of it and rub it between my palms. Then I just run my hands through my hair and I get beautiful shine and definition but no greasiness. I've used just about every wax and pomade out there and I keep on returning to this one. It's really my all time favorite.

on 6/15/2003 11:31:00 PM

I'm still on the fence with this one. I've had problem with waxes and pomades making my fine hair look greasy no matter how little I use. This product was not as bad as others, but I need to try it again using even less (3 tries so far haven't worked out). I have layered hair I like to make look "piecey" and messy.

Too gooey. Leaves hair gooey even if you use a teeny tiny bit.

on 11/20/2001 10:22:00 PM

I love this product. It is great for taming flyaways and texturizing. Used sparingly, it does not add weight or look greasy.