Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is just meh. I have Medium length (1 inch below shoulders) fine, straight hair that tens to be be dry and flyaway. If you use too much of this stuff, your hair will look more greasy. My boyfriend commented that it took the "Life" out of my hair. It looked kinda limp. He was right. But I gave it to my teenage son who has ultra thick wavy hair and he likes it for texture and it works much better on his hair type. I was hoping to get that piecy look with this but it failed miserably for me. It's expensive but I can see this jar lasting forever. It will probably go "bad" before you use it all. So fine hair folks, not good. Wavy, coarse hair, yes.

on 12/6/2010 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have had this in my drawer for at least 7 years. Somehow its half way gone. I think I keep it and use it off and on hoping I will like it some day.

WELL TODAYS THE DAY !!

I finally 'get' the name. Water wax. Its not heavy. I have fine, wavy color treated hair that I usually wear straight or curled, and its layered. I also have bangs that I have kind of texturized and wear kind of to the side, with a major cowlick in the front.

I've used this the last few days - I rotate thru Jonathan Dirt and some stuff by Aveda, and I've noticed this is SUPER clean. Not oily, not heavy and I can use it on my bangs and they don't look dirty and gross a day later. I like to go about 4 days between washings and this doesn't seem to propel me closer to a wash than other pomade/wax products do.

WOW. It also seems to volumize. And all very lightly. I am impressed. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out. I put this on my hair dry as a final 'finishing' product.

on 4/14/2010 10:19:00 PM

I have very fine hair, but lots of it, and with my new ultra short pixie cut I wanted something to keep the 'piecy' look and mega shine going. So I bought almost everything and this was amongst my "haul".

This product does nothing for me. Even a dime sized amount makes my hair look "dirty"/greasy. It doesn't shine at all. It dries up after about an hour and it looks like you didn't wash your hair AND you didn't put any styling product in. Not nice.

I much prefer Aveda Brilliante for shine and Sebastian Molding Mud for "piecing out" the ends. Just my .02!

on 9/28/2007 9:40:00 PM

Cant believe I havent written a review on this stuff yet. Have been using this for years and have turned some friends onto this stuff. Its very lightweight, not sticky and has a very light fragrance. Its great for separation & helps w/the flyaways. BTW I have very thick & coarse hair. Im probably on my 3rd jar which for me to repurchase a product doesnt happen very often. One of my hgs.

on 12/15/2005 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

THIS IS VERY GOOD, I HAVE THAT MEG RYAN U GOT MAIL CUT AND THIS GIVES IT THAT PIECY LOOK WITH A LITTLE HOLD, A LITTLE HARD TO USE THOUGH, SOMEWHAT GREASY LOOK IF YOU USE TOO MUCH AT ONCE.

on 10/13/2005 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a good product. I like that it is water-based and doesn't make my hair look greasy if I use a bit too much. It does not provide strong hold, so I just use it on the ends of my hair to give it a piecey look. The smell is pleasantly clean, and fortunately, the microglitter does not show up on my hair. The price is pretty high for such a small container, but it lasts a long time. I would buy this wax again.

on 8/10/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is a great finishing product for my short hair. I used Bumble and Bumble styling wax for a long time, but I am liking the Redken better. It seems lighter and easier to use than the B&B. It is a little sticky, however.

on 2/9/2004 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have shoulder-length coarse hair cut in layers - for me, this product is good at creating piece-y definition. I don't find it too greasy-looking, but my hair's pretty dry/processed. I used to use Paul Mitchell's dry wax which is much stiffer - lately I'm preferring this product because it's a bit wetter and adds a little shine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A holy grail for my short curly hair (I alternate this with John Frieda's Funky Chunky). I apply it on dry hair and it does a great job of texturizing my hair. Not too crazy about the tub, but will deal with this to get the results I get with this product.

Popular Styling Products