Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 2/15/2003 1:13:00 PM

this pomade has a light scent and a firm gel texture. it holds and separates well, but tends to get very sticky in the hair in high humidity.

on 7/3/2003 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

OMG! Do I ever love this stuff! I've used it on everything from a short pixie to my current shoulder length bob. I have highly processed hair that tends to look really dry and frizzy. This calms it right down. I take a little dab of it and rub it between my palms. Then I just run my hands through my hair and I get beautiful shine and definition but no greasiness. I've used just about every wax and pomade out there and I keep on returning to this one. It's really my all time favorite.

I have found this product very useful. I have very long chemically treated hair that is naturally wavy and the ends tend to split and look very fried between color treatments. A small amount of Water Wax run through my ends after blow drying helps combat the frizz/split problem.

on 6/18/2006 6:53:00 PM

PROS - Holds relatively well. Decent/moderate control for my short, stick straight hair. Can be applied to damp (for general shine and control) or dry hair (better for piecy look). Easy to refresh hairstyle with damp hands. Does not leave a greasy feel to my hair. Simple, travel-friendly plastic tub, with finger-friendly wide opening and screw top lid.

CONS - Not good for maintain a truly piecy look very long.

Overall - Opalescent, clear, firm gel/pomade. Very slight, mild aroma. Washes out easily. Product texture reminds me of Paul Mitchell Wax Works, but this is packaged in a tub and has less staying power. Reliable pomade. One lippie off b/c I would like a little more control/hold. (In Redken's defense, though, this product has a control/hold level of 3, so it's not intended for the level of hold I want.)
continued >>

on 12/2/2006 11:19:00 PM

I LOVE this product!!! I have ultra fine, straight, dark hair. I've recently added platinum highlights and I use it to chunk them out. It really makes them stand out and gives my fine hair volume. It's absolutely fabulous!! Do be careful to only use a small amount and make sure your warm it up with your hands before dabbing it into hair.

on 2/28/2008 11:43:00 AM

Out of any waxes or pomades, I like this one best. It's lighter than the other ones I've tried. I like to use it to keep my side swept bangs in place but not stiff and unnatural. It has a pleasant smell to it and it's not very sticky nor does it dull the hair like some do. It lasts a looong time.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One word sums this up: gross. I've tried other brands of wax or pastes and this is my least favorite. It doesn't hold and gums up. I have fine but thick straight, healthy hair.

on 12/6/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This did nothing for me. I have long, thick straight hair and it just didn't hold at all. Probably best for people with short, fine hair. I got it for $17 at a mom & pop beauty supply.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product. The consistency is pretty special, it really becomes kind of watery and non-greasy. It adds some texture and movement to your hair with a bit of hold, although not too much. I would consider it closer to a pomade than a wax... I expect a wax to have a bit more hold. This is closer to texturizer with shine and is nice and light, although if you use too much it can be heavy/greasy of course.

I have used several of these over the past 10 years and will always have it on hand. Great especially if you have layers or want to emphasize some choppiness & movement.

Popular Styling Products