Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 25-29
Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Total HG pomade. It gives the perfect amount of shine and hold to lay frizzies down. It's also water based so your hair doesn't look greasy nor are you left with a gunky feel in your hairl. Start of with a small amount rubbed between palms and slide down through hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with another reviewer...this stuff absorbs and then basically doesn't do anything after awhile. It also left my hair greasy even though I did not use that much of this product. I do tend to have an oily scalp...so this is probably not best for people with that type of hair...for drier I bet it would be great. I also thought it was so expensive!!! This stuff was $17 with tax at ulta...too much to me. I ended up taking this back today and getting my money back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this for defining my part and taming flyaways after I flat iron. Since my hair is so fine and thin and prone to breakage (hence the flyaways), I need something that doesn't make my hair look greasy and this fits the bill perfectly. A pea sized amount is all I use.

on 1/25/2006 11:01:00 PM

My medium-thick shoulder length hair with layers fares so much better with an oilier product. This stuff just doesn't do it for me. It feels like it melts into my hair and then does nothing.

on 1/1/2006 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My hairstyle changes frequently and this is the product I go back to whenever I do shorter/layered hairstyles. I have straight hair that has a tiny bit of natural wave at the ends, so I'm prone to frizzies...Redken's water wax helps in defining layers while smoothing the hair shaft down a bit. I like using it better than a regular shine serum because it has a tiny amount of holding power and texturizing properties. This is the only "wax" that I'll use...comparable products labeled as waxes are just that -- very hard to work with and will rip your hair out unless you have a very short cropped haircut. This is more like a very firm gel in a jar. It has that pool blue color with some shimmer particles. I suppose this adds shine to my hair...but if I have any color treatments in, I always need to use a glossing spray to get any sheen back in. Nice product overall...I do stress that it works better for short cuts, unless you just want to apply it to hair ends.

on 9/22/2005 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

YUCK YUCK YUCK...sticky messy, hard to use and weighs your hair down. Not often that I dislike a priduct so much. It made me feel like my hair was dirty and oily. I prefer Tigi Manipulator which is gucky but works a lot better. DID I SAY YUCK!!!

I have used this stuff for over 2 years. I really could not imagine not having it. It is a MUST for the days I use my chi iron. It is pricey but lasts forever cause you only need a tiny bit. After I style my hair I put it on the flyaway pieces or any part that looks funny. My hair would look so bad without it. I keep it in my purse all day for touchups. It is great. My only complaint is that after you get close to the bottom it seems to change consistency and gets a lot less solid and hard to use. Strange. But overall very good!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of the few products that is strong enough to add character to my long, thick, straight, heavy hair. I always emulsify with a drop of water. This makes it easier to apply evenly throught the length of my hair.

on 10/30/2004 1:27:00 PM

This stuff works best for short choppy hair, to give seperation and tame frizz.
I blow my hair bone dry (it usually looks like a puff ball after blowdrying) and I rub between my hands and work thru the ends. It gives my ends that choppy seperated look, and doesn't leave hair feeling as greasy as other types of waxes. I would buy this product again =)

on 11/26/2003 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG - this stuff is great! When I got my hair cut off in June (why???), I had to use some type of styling aid. I tried the Aveda, but it was too heavy. Water Wax is easy to use, lightweight and separates well. It doesn't weigh my semi-fine hair down and also has a clean scent. I gave it a 3 for packaging - I always get it under my nails when scooping out of tub. I will always buy this product, even now that I'm growing my hair back out.

Popular Styling Products