Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

on 7/26/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfect if you want your hair to REALLY lay down!

on 2/12/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I don't remember Water Wax doing much for me. I used it when I would put my hair in ponytails in order to tame flyaways. But then again, I could have been using it wrong on my African-American relaxed hair.

I really used it to slick back my edges, and it was ok but nothing spectacular because it didn't really have any kind of hold. Plus it seemed hideously greasy. Not worth the money I spent, which was like $17!

on 5/16/2008 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have straight shoulder length Latin hair. I wasnít very impressed with this product especially, at $17 dollars not including tax. I bought this for my part to keep stray hairs in place. It made my hair feel greasy and unwashed even when using very little. (Btw, I donít have an oily scalp). It looked as though I had a stingy unwashed scalp and hair. I wont be buying this again.

on 4/20/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first want to mention that I have long, thin, and slightly wavy hair that I usually air dry with some curl enhancing product for a wavy-beachy look. The last time I had my hair cut, it was with a new stylist and she recommended I use this along with Biosilk's Silk Therapy. The results she'd given my hair was such that I had to go out and get it myself. I was extremely put off by the price (around $16+tax at Trade Secret) but gone ahead and bought it. I kind of wish I'd returned it now though since it's just an okay product. The product itself has a nice smell and a fun clear/rainbowish color to it which I like but it's very sticky and a bit hard to work with. I usually use a little at a time by getting a bit of moisture from my damp hair and mixing the wax within my fingers and that seems to work pretty well. One fact I do like about it is that it doesn't leave me with a crunchy or hard finish to my waves and it holds up pretty well throughout the day. I did have to deduct 2 lippies though for its stickyness and the hard to work factor. Would not buy again because I'm pretty certain I can find something better or of equal quality at a lower price.

on 10/24/2007 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This makes a nice pomade for a pieced, fairly texturized look. It's a bit sticky so i put a little water an rub together with my fingers and then apply. It softly spikes out my ends nicely and leaves my hair looking defined and shiny.

on 5/14/2007 8:02:00 PM

I bought this wax as an impulse purchase. Initially I did no like it and I contemplated taking it back {bought at Trade Secret}, but I gave it a second chance. I have short thick relaxed African American hair and I use this to smooth down the edges of my hairline. I like that is alcohol free so its not drying and it doesn't flake. It has a pretty decent hold and the smell is quite nice. I took a lippie off for two reasons: I have to warm the wax to make it spreadable and the price. But a little does go a long way

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very thick, coarse, wavy hair that I have to stuff into a tidy bun 12 hours a week during my dance classes. I was using gels and hair sprays, but I wanted something that didn't crystalize. I have to go straight from dance classes to my academic classes.

I really like this pomade, because it tames fly aways for my dance classes, but I can take my hair down and have a more relaxed and casual look when I go about the rest of my day.

My hair also tends to be frizzy right after I wash it, so a dab of this pulled through damp hair helps keep my waves from being wrecked and turning into cotton candy.

I like this pomade as it doesn't leave my hair greasy. Very light and helps tame the frizzies and flyaways like a dream. It really does not have any hold at all, but I like it as it keeps my fine medium length hair from being bad during the day.

I used this when I had very short hair almost everyday and loved it.It tames frizzies and took away puffiness while adding major shine.The smell is just unbelievable;it's SO good!The cleanest smell ever.The pomade itself is a beautiful crystal clear sea foam green color with opalescent particles throughout it.I no longer use this but gave the rest to my brother.So it's great for men,too.

My hair dresser recommends this aftr i cut side swept bangs.Well, as it claims, it's a water wax, so it dun really feels sticky on our hair n will leave a soft-hair-fall look.I found it only works on my bangs but didnt really smooth out my baby hair n flyawayz.So so product.

Popular Styling Products