Too Faced The Power Of Makeup by NikkieTutorials

Too Faced The Power Of Makeup by NikkieTutorials

2.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

The formula is good. I'm digging the blushes, bronzer, and highlighter the most. I use the shade Painkiller (the one in the middle) as a contour powder and it's really good when applied with my E.l.f fan brush. As for the eye shadows, I'm loving Wham Bam (the purple one).

on 2/9/2017 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

ughhhh i can't believe i was sucked into buying this after watching her videos about it. i found it in an ulta (it was a returned online order. like returned from when it first launched but before they could put the displays out in store. so i bought it on an impulse) i haven't used it in months honestly. the matte colors are okay, the shimmers are decent but not at all how she talked them up on her youtube. i WANTED this to be a top fav of mine so badly. i also never reach for the other little things that came with it, like the glitter is chunky, the purple better than sex is okay for the lower lash-line, the eyeshadow insurance is now all separated and a tom of liquid comes out, but the eyeliner is okay. overall it seems like it was a very "rushed" palette with too faced when you consider how poorly pigmented the shadows are and how cheap the packaging feels. also this was a limited edition palette so if you see any cheap $20 ones on ebay or aliexpress they're fake!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unlike my beloved "Vegas Nay Stardust" palette from Too Faced, Nikkie's (of Nikkietutorials) version is not one that I'd put a spare in my safe to make sure I have a backup.

It's along the same lines--various shades, some unusual, that you don't think go together but work for many looks. And it comes with two blushes (warm, cool), highlighter Champagne Truffle from the "Chocolate Bar" palette, and bronzer--the Chocolate Soleil that is sort of a gold standard bronzer.

In addition to the nine shadows, and the other colors, it comes with purple mascara, a felt liner, glitter in a pot and the usual Shadow Insurance deluxe sample.

Ivy, Sugar Coated, Frosted Yum, Irresistible, and Painkiller, Makeup & Chill colors are neutral (ivory, pink frost, silver frost, gold frost, taupe-caramel and chocolate brown.) Then you get WhamBam (violet purple), Mystic Hour (teal) and Wanted (black.) These are less useful, although the black is good for underlining, lining wet and all those things you see tutorials doing with a very dark shadow.

The mascara a version of the very good "Better than Sex" is very dry. Sad to say it so dry, as it's a cool color. The liner is terrific. I have no use for glitter. As with many of Too Faced's darker shadows, the color payoff of the violet and the teal is not good. The light frosted shadows have no staying power. The blushes are just--ok. I prefer rosier pinks, not bubble gum pinks and Champagne Truffle highlighter does not do a good job of "blinding" the cheekbones compared to others I use. It was another eye color from the Chocolate Bar palette that made it to here as a highlighter because Nikkie does that.

I hoped for more. When I do a really upgraded look for going out, it's the "Stardust" palette that gives me the "oooh!" look, never the Nikkie, nor are her included looks anything to write home about. I had hoped for more. You look and go --wow, and then it's a let-down. It's not BAD...but considering I find Nikkie to be amazing in tutorials, I think I had set the bar pretty high. Value-wise, you do get a lot. The felt liner makes a great winged line, the neutral colors go anywhere and you can travel a week in a slim carryon and only have one palette! (Love that.) But it's not ALL that and a bag of Dutch liquorice.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I returned this. The shadows were patchy, the blushes sheer and there was nothing particularly unique about it even if it had been half decent. Honestly the worst TooFaced palette I've ever seen.

on 10/12/2016 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this palette for a gift for my birthday. I was excited because all of my other two faced palettes are fabulous in fact I'm on my third of the no make up pallette. I opened it up and really disappointed right away , half of the colors do not have any pigment whether you use a shadow primer or not. the colors had fall out and to say the least I just hated it I ended up regifting it to a friend of mine who's absolutely desperate to get anything free she'll take anything.. will never buy another "Beauty Guru"palette because their crap. and really Nikki's tutorials suck cuz all she does is blab blab blab.

on 10/19/2016 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

absolutely terrible, what a gimmick I swatched it in the store saddens me that Nikki obviously lied in the video she did with all the swatches

on 10/9/2016 9:58:00 AM

I wanted this pallete so bad cos all the colors/ stuffs wanted was in there. On opening the pallete i got whiffs of cocoa powder... yummy. Everday, when i use the palette, i smell it first, haha.. some kinda cocoa craving!!! I got this on sephora sale so im soooo happy!!! This was a steal!

Eyeshadow
I love 'Painkiller','Makeup and chill'. These 2 colors are nice natural colors that go well. I used Kylie`s Citrine, then apply 'painkiller' and go over the crease with 'makeup & chill'. The eyeshadow is well pigmented, I didnt have any problems digging into the pan. My brushes picked the colors well.

Blush
I wanted the color "I will always love you" for the longest time and was happy Nikki included this. Its a peach shade. Nice and natural sheen like Nars orgasm but lighter/ no shimmer

Bronzer
Aptly called 'Chocolate soleil' it smells divine, like milk chocolate. Its a matte dark bronzer on me(like suntan matte, Smashbox). So nice!!! No shimmer. Just suck in your cheeks and apply. Gorg!! Gives me that hollow, chiseled cheeks look. This baby CAN slim those round cheeks!!

Highligther
This is a bonus. 'Champagne truffle' is just that. Its a standard champagne shade(dupable color with most makeup brands) that goes nicely with a fan brush on the top of your cheeks. Finely milled so its doesnt enlarge pores.

Better than sex-Mascara
Altho purple, it looks black on me. But the effect is juts the same like 'better than sex black' mascara. And I`m a huge fan of this for the longest time. So this was a good bargain there.

Primer
This was also another reason I caved in cos this IS my fav primer. But its travel size but that's ok. This pallete had so many minis, it seemed like this was designed for travels in mind!

Glitter
This is purely festive and fun stuffs thrown in. I`m not a fan nor a glitter person but I`ll sure save this for year end x'mas parties.

Bag
The leopard print pink zip lock plastic bag is kinda cute but flimsy. I guess I could use this for travels with deluxe sized makeup

Eyeliner
The marker was a hit and miss with me. Its not water proof. On the first day, the marker made a mess sliding off. So, I got smarter, here`s a tip. I use pencil liner and then go over with the marker or else this baby will raccoon off your eyes. But, the felt tip is so fine making it easy to draw, so drawing winged tip is a breeze!!!

Glamor guides
Not neccesary for me. Just watch YouTube

Pros
All colors were blendable and powdery so it was easy to apply

Cons
no longer available on line.

I have to say I already own so many blushers, bronzers, eyeshadow, highlighter but this pallete puts everything under 1 roof, so it easier in the mornings when ur rushing. You can skip if you dont need any extra primer, mascara etc but if you`re travelling the whole planet for under 20 kg of luggage, you should consider this. The cardboard magnetic packaging is feather weight.

If ur travelling -makeup junkie- collector like me, I say buy.

on 9/24/2016 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

It's almost pointless to review since they're kinda all gone but I would like to share with you all. Hopefully something in here is helpful.

I TOTALLY get why people don't like this and I TOTALLY get why people do. I'm glad there's a range of opinions here because I really see both sides. What it really depends on is your need, your other makeup, and of course if you think it swatches and applies well. I don't follow Nikki so it wasn't about that.

I was looking at this specifically because I NEED a travel palette. I have the Tarte Double Duty palette in Star Power and it's pretty but I get SO bored of using just that when I'm away. Plus the blush is intense on that and I find myself missing the things I didn't bring ("Oh, I don't *need* a bronzer...") Other travel palettes seemed too neutral, like the Tarte Rainforest after Dark, and people didn't love the application of that either. I saw some really pretty swatches so I was drawn in, plus all the extras. But then I started seeing bad reviews and I was really undecided. I forget why I decided to try it. I guess because I wanted to see for myself and I was going to use my points (I paid $6! But don't think I wouldn't get my $6 back if I hated it, because I would!). I'm pretty sure Ulta now gives back the points you used if you return an item, but you still lose the ones you *earned* from the purchase (if any). So it felt relatively safe. I certainly don't think I would have paid full price even to try it/keep it and I wouldn't have gotten it without the safety of being able to return. That's how I am with most things though. I'm not rich enough to not be careful. I also got a bag and TF Melted Matte free with the purchase which made it feel even more value for the money.

That said I was excited but also nervous about how it would perform. I actually liked the colors of the shadows and blushes. I thought the blush would be 'too much' and also the pans are small, but I find they apply well and my e.l.f. blush brush is small enough to get in there just fine. I like mixing them. For the shadow, I liked that this had some bright colors and neutrals so I could make a variety of looks. I don't have any other Too faced holiday/special palettes, only the Chocolate Bar which I would never risk travelling with, so to me it was unique. I personally didn't have application issues. I thought the colors went on well and stayed on well. Do I think they were the softest and easiest, most pigmented shades? Absolutely not. But I got them work with pretty good payout which is what matters. I know some people didn't have that experience. The transition shade is perfect for any conceivable look with this and it's wonderful and I love it. I didn't really have a draw to the glitter shades but I did use them a few times and it added some variance. I think the glitter ones are obviously the toughest to get on, but I could pack them on and get a great color pay off that didn't wear away. (I personally find UD glitter shadows way worse.) So for me, the performance was totally fine. I do notice the highlighter is harder than the one of the same name in the Chocolate Bar (it is a different formulation, thanks Stephanie Nicole!) But I find I still get a nice enough highlight to show. Maybe I just don't want super illuminated, so again, preference.

So for the extras: I could do without the glitter, and the BTS mascara isn't one I like generally. It's cool it's purple I guess. The full size sketch marker seems pretty legit though and I liked that even though the stiffness made it a little hard for me to use. I never tried the primer before this set. I prefer UD but it works ok and I like that it's small for travel. I accidentally cut open the top of the bag because I thought it was sealed. Oh well, it's not necessary anyway.

Packaging, I don't care if it's gaudy or not, really it doesn't bug me. It's not for showing off but I personally don't think it's bad. I wouldn't wear the print, but for a palette it's no big at all. But I DO like that it's sleek. Again, travel. I have been keeping it in the box for travel even though that makes it bigger because I then fill up the rest of the box with other stuff for padding. I might not always do that because I have other makeup bags but I would be careful to put this in a plastic zip top bag and wrap it well with clothing, especially for airplane cargo travel. This way it is less likely to bump and break and if it does, your clothes are safe. Just a general for any stowed luggage makeup.

I put that I would buy again but I have to explain that a bit. Some people say 'no' because they feel they're never going to finish what they have, but that's not what buy again means to me. I feel like when I put a 'no' for buy again, it means at the end of it all, it's not a worthwhile purchase to me. I like it for my needs, so to say "no" would imply that I didn't or I regret it or something. Now I'm sure other all inclusive travel palettes will come out way before I finish this so there's always other options, but at the time this was the best one I could find in terms of inclusion of products and versatility and I am happy with it. I wouldn't pay full price (because I just never do) but I wouldn't want it to break or get lost or return it or anything like that. So for me, it is worth it.

This palette is so awful and I'm so upset with Too Faced and Nikkie for wasting my money on this product! I bought this palette the minute it was released on Ulta's website because I was so afraid it was going to sell out and it would take forever to get my hands on or miss it completely! Okay so I have given this palette more then a few chances to prove it's worth and ever time I have been let down! I'm a fair skin person but ivy I can't get any use out of at all because it's way to light in my opinion. Even for a transition shade. I just don't perfer it. Some people might. Then you have painkiller and makeup & chill thrown in the palette so it's like waisted space to where another color could have been added to kind of give the palette more of a wow factor. Wanted blends out to a horrible grayish shade and will completely ruin your entire look and on top of that the glitter doesn't even show up let alone stand out. The glitter should have been left out completely. It's just not a good matte black (with glitter added in) and is very patchy! Wham Bam I was so excited about because when I saw the swatches on Nikkies video and IG account it looked beautiful and I'm a purple eyeshadow fanatic! I'm always looking for the best one. Wham Bam is not good at all. It's super patchy and has no pigmentation what so ever! Also if you do use it don't bother using a brush it won't even show up. Even with setting spray. I had to use my finger to get it to apply some what decent! Even then not great at all! Sugar Coated is pretty but on me it won't show up I just use that as my brow bone highlight. The 3 I do I do like and are okay is Frosted Yum, Irresistible and Mystic Hour. I wouldn't waist your money and run out and but this entire palette for those shades because they are easy ones to dupe. But I would say it it wasn't for those 3 shades this palette would have been just garbage. The blushes are good. If your a makeup collector like myself you probably already have them both so I kinda wish that they would have put new ones in but I knew that I already owned them before I bought this palette. The bronzer Chocolate Soleil I already own also and have samples of from ordering from Too Faced website. In my opinion Pink Leppard Blushing Bonzer should have been put in there because it would have matched the packaging but I guess they didn't think about that when picking the other shades from a chart to go in this palette! The highlighter is plan out bad! It's actually pathetic that it was even put in this palette and people like me who bought it literally got robbed but we just handed them the money with Too Faced and Nikkie pointing a gun at any of us! The extra products we got (but in all fairness did pay for) are okay. The best was the shadow insurance. The liner runs, the mascara is not unique and the glitter is like half glitter half pigment of some sort. Too Faced and Nikkie should publicly apologize for this palette and do something else or fix this in some way! I will never buy anything with Nikkies name on it again or even bother with Too Faced again. I'm so tired of them putting out awful products and then acting like they are good and worth the out rages price tag!!

on 9/28/2016 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was one of the worst palettes I have ever purchased. ( and I have many) there is absolutely no pigmentation like what Nikki showed. I have given this palette weeks to prove me wrong and I am completely disappointed in Toofaced for putting out such a horrible quality , I'm a huge fan of Nikki but sadly I'm also disappointed in her. I have been a huge fan of toofaced since I started wearing makeup, but sadly I may need to rethink a new company to be my go to.