Chagrin Valley Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo Bar

No Image

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The smell of this shampoo bar is very similar to other shampoo bars that I have bought from CV, the strongest smelling one I have encountered thus far is the Neem & Tea Tree one. The Aurveduc Herb shampoo bar lathers up very well and it also provides a tingling action to my scalp, probably due to all if the different herbs in it. Now, I so have naturally curly, fine texture, very dry hair. Also, I do suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face and severe scalp eczema. The bar doesn't irritate my skin, it providrs a level of temporary relief to my scalp, but for long-lasting relief I would definitely have to use it over a very long period of time.

I do find this shampoo bar to be more drying to my hair then the Neem & Tea Tree bar, after finding it out of my hair. However, the dryness is quickly remedied through use of the moisturizing styling cream that I use to style my hair with. Overall, my hair is left shiny, frizz free, and my hair's natural dark color looks richer in tone as well. I have not noticed an increase in body with any of the CV shampoo bars that I have tried thus far, however, if it ends up happening then that would be really cool, if not, then I will be totally okay with such.

I must say that I don't use an ACV rinse on my hair after using shampoo bars, and with the CV bars, I don't use any conditioner afterwards either. I don't feel the need yo use any of these things in my hair at all. So, I just go by, what I find works best for me. Oh, and yes, I do live where the water is considered to be moderate-hard, however, I have not experienced any major issues with using shampoo bars in my hair at all.

I happen to really like this shsmpoo bar, and I definitely will continue to buy it from CV for sure!

on 9/2/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

After my hair started falling out more than usual during the summer, I panicked and thought it would be better to switch to all-natural shampoo bars again. I've used Chagrin Valley's products before and liked the Cafe Moreno for the coffee scent and the complexity it gave to the undertones in my hair, but this time, I tried something that was specifically advertised for aiding in hair growth. The ingredients listed on the website are all-organic and the shampoo says that it is "great for hair that needs body."

I cut the full-sized bar in half and have been using it for the past few weeks and spraying in Apple Cider Vinegar as a conditioner afterwards. Although my hair still falls out, it appears to be healthier, shinier, and more voluminous. I would recommend this to anyone who has problems with their hair and would like to give it the breathing room that shampoos with sulfates suppress. The price is pretty good and the scent is wonderfully herbal.