Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Private Show

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a sweet, creamy gourmand fragrance of white chocolate, dulce de leche, and an undertone of fresh cream (plus a teeny, tiny hint of fruit, practically undetectable). Mercifully, it's not overpoweringly sweet, as happens with many scents on my skin. The drydown is so creamy and yummy and satisfying, but, before that, there's a refreshing cleanness mixed with the dulce de leche. I like to spritz myself in the morning, before starting on my three cups of coffee; it's almost like getting the froofy latte experience, sans the calories. Plus, I get to keep my $5. I wanted Private Show to be a cold weather alternative to my usual VS Coconut Passion, being in roughly the same fragrance category, and I think it'll do nicely.

Having tried both the EDT and the body mist, I honestly feel that the mist is a better deal. They both have a close sillage and a light trail, and last about six hours on my skin. The packaging (on both) looks cheap, because it is, but I'll use perfume from a rusty jerry can if it smells good, and Private Show sure as hell does!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I would like to say I have been a huge fan of Britney and her sent lines but this is the best one to me it smells sexy just like the name of it strong sexy sent the bottle is nice so nice <3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This perfume is definitely a stand out in Britney Spears' collection. Private Show opens with strong notes of chocolate, coffee and whipped cream - smelling exactly like a frappuccino - which is exactly what Britney was going for apparently! It is a very strong, gourmand scent which will definitely not appeal to everyone but I personally loved. The top notes mellow down into a very sweet and creamy base, I detected notes of dulce de leche, musk and caramel, with the Whipped Cream note staying prominent right until the very end. The heart and base notes are very soft, smooth and creamy. The scent remains strong and has good sillage, though does become a skin scent after around 5-7 hours. It lasts beautifully on me. I really enjoy wearing this perfume and would recommend it to anyone who loves gourmands and frappuccinos! I think this scent can be worn all year round, though to me it is an Autumn/Winter scent. This would be perfect for a romantic date night. This is a great hit from Britney Spears.

Top Notes: Coffee, Whipped Cream, Nectarine, Clementine.
Heart Notes: Jasmine Sambac, Orange Blossom, Dulce De Leche.
Base Notes: Amber, Musk.

(Notes from Fragrantica)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The notes in this fragrance are: coffee, whipped cream, nectarine, clementine, jasmine sambac, orange blossom, dulce de leche, amber, musk. This fragrance was supposed to represent an expression of her love for dulce de leche, white flowers and iced coffee. I had high hopes for this fragrance since I love the scent of coffee. On me, I could only detect the nectarine, clementine, and whipped cream. Oh well, I will not purchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I barely detect the fruits in this, just a faint whiff of sweet citrus, and then I can't pick them up - they must be mingled in though, to prevent the sweet notes from being too sweet by freshening them up. Private Show is all about the fresh-smelling cream, the milky vanilla-caramel based warmth of the dulce de leche, and powdery white florals.

There seems to be a undertone of something nutty here too, and the woody base and light hint of coffee tones down the sweetness which adds more of a mature feel to the fragrance in comparison to most of the other Britney releases. Longevity is good: I get a very respectable eight hours - it goes close to the skin after around 4 hours though, so it does seem quite 'quiet'. A fantastic fragrance for transitioning into colder weather.

Official scent notes: Clementine, nectarine, coffee, whipped cream, dulce de leche, orange blossom, sambac jasmine, amber and sensual musk.

Private Show reminds me a bit of most of the kinds of 'celeb scents' I review (eg Ari and Mad Love) so it should be something that I think of as boring, but it isn't. I suppose it's the slightly higher quality of ingredients, that don't seem so plastic and heavily sugared. I get a resemblance to Dior Poison Girl [which reminds me of YSL Black Opium] with this perfume. So if you enjoy either of those fragrances, you'll probably be very happy with Private Show - a similar perfume, for less than half the price.

Popular Fragrances