NYX Professional Makeup Pro Foundation Mixer

4.2

on 3/10/2019 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm so happy I found this product! It has saved me so much hastle of trying every light foundation at the market and have them being too dark. Moisturizing, doesn't change the formula of your foundation, and a little goes a long way!! (I've tried the white formula)

on 3/2/2019 4:06:00 AM

*This review is for the Olive shade*
I bought this hoping it would give my foundations a slightly olivey undertone as I have very fair skin with olive undertones and it's extremely hard to find a foundation to work for me shade AND undertone wise.
It sadly didn't give the foundation an olivey undertone.
It did make it darker though.You can control how much darker you want to make a foundation but that's it.
One good thing is that it didn't alter the foundation's texture /consistency and it sat on my skin just like it would on its own.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Love this stuff! I have the white mixer which is essential to me because I have to mix all my foundations to get a shade match. I use MUFE blue & red.(to tone too peach or too yellow shades).would love to see nyx expand their range to include more undertone adjusters.. I still am always on the lookout for the off the shelf shade match but will always have the white in my stash! i have found all adjusters to seem to decrease wear time (on me) but am overjoyed that they allow me to create a seamless match..thumbs off nyx for offering an affordable essential beauty product!

on 5/6/2018 4:36:00 AM

I've used the white mixer to shade match; here are some thoughts.

- If you're pale and mixing perceptibly lighter, realize you're not going to be "adding a drop of mixer to your foundation", you're going to be **adding a drop of your foundation to this mixer**. (Mixing darker is much easier.) So essentially, this will be your foundation.

- Mixing it with a sheer foundation (Mac Face & Body in my case), there's actually a point where it kinda makes it appear *darker* on my skin; if I add about 1/3rd mixer to 2/3rds foundation, it adds opacity more than it lightens. I have to go above 50/50 to get a shade match.

- So as a foundation, how is it? It's rather nice actually. I'm going to play around some more and try to expand, but so far my feeling is it's matte but not drying, and doesn't flake me up as much as some liquid formulas. It's water-based with a bunch of silicones.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Magnesium Sulfate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethiconol, Bis-Isobutyl PEG/PPG-10/7/Dimethicone Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

a God send when you buy the wrong color foundation

on 2/11/2018 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought the olive. I’m a true neutral olive so most foundations are either too orange or too yellow. A tiny dab of the olive changes the undertone to the perfect olive shade. A little more can make a too light foundation a tad darker. I recently bought Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Aqua Nude. They have a very limited shade range. I found #3N to be the right undertone but a little too light. The NYX mixer made it perfect without changing the foundation texture or quality. I use it with Nars St Moritz Tinted Moisturizer that always seemed slightly light and a little too yellow, but passable. Now it’s perfect. Just be careful - a little goes a long way. Literally a tiny dab is enough to change the undertone. A little more to make it darker. I’ve only used Olive so cannot speak as to other colors. Great product!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've only tried the white mixer so far. I really do like it- It's great being able to choose a formula and match it to me (within reason, of course) instead of buying a foundation I don't *love* just because it came in my colour. I hasn't affected my foundation performance or staying power at all either, although I'm only about a half a shade to a shade too pale for my teint miracle foundation so I don't have to use too much of the white mixer. I'm not sure if it would be different trying to bring a foundation up/down more than that, though. It can be a little difficult to blend with more dewy foundations, I always have to check that it is *all* mixed in, but it's not anything crazy.

I have a neutral to yellow undertoned skin and find that a lot of "matched" foundations are just a tad light, whilst the next one up is way too dark. Hence thought this might be the answer. Unfortunately I bought Warmth, which bizzarely gives a PINK shade to the foundation whilst darkening it. I would have expected, from the colour in the tube and on the website that the darkening effect might be towards orange, but no, definitely pink. Its going in the bin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have this in both the white and the opalescent shades. I use the white every day, and while my ghostly pale self was previously very devoted to The Body Shop's lightening drops, I think the white from NYX is my HG now. I don't love the squeezy tube packaging in comparison to the dropper, but now that I have gotten used to the ratio of this mixer to the foundations I am using it doesn't bother me. You get a ton of product in each tube, and for me it is much easier to access than TBS's version. It doesn't make foundation look chalky at all, which is a bonus. The opalescent version is nice too, especially for foundations that are too matte or just too heavy, though I don't reach for it nearly as often as I do the white. They don't have any kind of scent and they don't really alter the performance of the foundation in question. If you're very pale then white will be your friend; if you have dry skin or want a dewier look, then go for the opalescent. I haven't used the other mixers, but if they're anything like these two then they will perform just as advertised and will be a crucial component in your makeup routine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am about nc10-nc15, neutral leaning yellow undertones. I always always always have to mix a lightener into my foundation to get it to match me. I was using manic panic dreamtone until I looked closer at the ingredients. My skin does not agree with parabens so I began looking for an alternative. I'm also always looking for the cheapest options so when I came across this I was pleasantly surprised.

This mixer does not have any irritating, clogging, or acne causing ingredients imo. my skin is oily and acne prone with red acne scars. This has not irritated my skin or caused any breakouts. The formula is just like a liquid foundation, not too thin and not thick either. It mixed well with a liquid foundation and also a thick mousse foundation I have. The white color is opaque and lightens other colors well. It is matte and does not contain any shimmer or glowy/illuminating effects.

I got this bogo 50% at ulta's website. I could not find it anywhere in store.