L'Oreal Paris Miss Hippie Waterproof Mascara

No Image

1 review

So, initial impressions... Nice packaging, and pretty standard bristle brush. Firstly, it passed the 'will my sensitive eyes tolerate it' test, which is a feat in itself! The only other mascaras I've found that don't irritate my eyes are the volume million lashes line... my staple mascara is the excess waterproof. Other mascaras usually dry out/irritate my eyes, and I've tried A LOT. So that was really positive. Was it waterproof? Yes. Even with gel eyedrops. Did it flake or smudge? No! Again, really positive things. To be honest, after one layer my lashes looked full (a lot more full than when I use the million lashes excess) but adding another layer just made the lashes stick together and get clumpy. Boo. But that, I can deal with. Unfortunately, and here is why I took off a lippie... This stuff is ridiculously hard to remove. I'm used to getting waterproof mascara off, I really am, but this was another level of difficult, even with an oil based eye makeup remover. I fear it might pull eyelashes out if I had to go through that every day... So, I think I'll use it for special occasions and nights out for full, thick, feathery lashes... but I don't think I could go through the hassle of getting it off everyday. Maybe a more oily eye makeup remover might work, however?