Scott Cornwall Hair Colour Remover

Scott Cornwall Hair Colour Remover

4.5

on 12/6/2016 5:02:00 PM

My natural hair colour is medium brown, and for years I have lightened it 3 shades with an ash blonde. I was tire of the upkeep so I coloured over it with what I thought would turn out a medium brown (close to my natural colour). Unfortunately it came out VERY dark and I hated it. I did a bit of research and reading reviews of De-colour and decided to give it a go. I was very concerned about damaging my hair and it possibly turning orange. I did a strand test first and was pretty happy with the look and feel of my hair so I thought what the hell, let's give it a go. So, first I washed with clarifying shampoo, then blow dried (as instructed). Then I applied the product. You don't get a lot of product so if your hair is thick and/or long you may need 2 packs. The mixture is very thick and I had to add a few drops of water to get it to mix together. It doesn't smell very nice, a bit like wet wool. But it is tolerable given the circumstances. Good idea to use in a well ventilated area. After leaving on for about an hour, I washed/rinsed/conditioned etc as per the instructions. I applied some K-Pak treatment and left to dry naturally. The smell remained in my hair which was a bit unpleasant. The next day when I washed it and conditioned as normal, the smell disappeared completely. The product removed about 80% of the colour, leaving a warm light brown. Yes there is a touch of copper but it's actually a great colour and I am very happy with it. The most important reason I am writing this review is to note that there is no change whatsoever in the condition of my hair. It is not dry or damaged, it's still shiny and strong and I am very surprised about this! I wash and blow-dry it every day and it is still in excellent condition.

Would I use again? HELL YES!!!!!! My hair has been red for about 4 months. I did it because my platinum blonde hair was damaged and needed a break from bleach. My hair was not in great condition when I used this product so I was extremely nervous about using it. I read review after review that insisted that this would not damage hair, but I am by nature cautious, so was still pretty scared. Anyway, I applied this on dry previously shampooed hair. It is important that you hair is free of product (clarified). I did exactly as the instructions suggested and combed the product through thoroughly. My hair was a really vibrant cherry red, so I left it on my hair for an hour which is the maximum. As soon as I started rinsing, I knew this had not damaged my hair. There was zero hair fallout whilst rinsing and my hair felt kind of nice. The smell that people talk about is really pretty mild. I can still smell it on my hair, but it's just not that bad. This removed 80% of the colour. I am left with a pale ginger colour that is sort of like what I wanted originally. It's a strawberry blonde colour.

OK, so I am the most nervous person you will ever meet when it comes to putting chemicals on my hair. This lived up to its promise of not damaging my hair. I may apply another box at a later date if I really want to remove EVERYTHING, but for the moment I am pretty happy.

Popular Hair Color Products