Weleda Wild Rose Deodorant

Weleda Wild Rose Deodorant

Alcohol, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Extract, Glycerin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate. * from natural essential oils

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this stuff. Actually, my main deodorant to protect from body odor is Oyin's Funk Butter. But on most days I don't sweat or smell this much.

I love anything rose scented, and I love a fresh, natural rose smell. I use this as a body spray actually, and am very generous with it. It's WAY cheaper than a pricy rose perfume, and not nearly as strong. I'm sensitive to heavy fragrance, so it's perfect in every way!

It comes in a lovely glass bottle, that looks great on my bathroom cabinet. Will purchase many more bottles once it's empty.

The scent is light, but lingers very faintly, exactly what I want!

on 6/30/2016 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a super great alternative to all the harmful, chemical-ridden deodorants out there. It smells super good once it has dried and settled (when directly applied it smells slightly of mosquito repellent, I think this is the alcohol), and does not make me smell! I am using it everyday during the summer and don't have to worry about smelling whatsoever. Would repurchase/recommend to a friend!

This was one of the top rated deodorants on MUA but unfortunately it didn't work for me... I gave it 4 lippies because I gave it to my friend and she loves it, and it did work better than toms, kiss my face, or any of the crystal ones. I might just be too stinky... :(

on 1/12/2016 3:03:00 AM

Great great great deodorant. It does as promises, no smell whatsoever, even after heavy activity.
I think that it does contains alcohol as it tingles after shaving. I've used it as a light perfume, too. It smells of roses but in a very natural and light way that I like

This is my new go-to deodorant. I'm about halfway through my first bottle, and am completely in love.

I work in a hot, smelly factory. I leave, and hit the gym. Lately, I've been going home after that and gardening until nearly dark. What I've found is... it works fantastically well through the gym. After that, if I want to stay fresh, I have to reapply. Still, we're talking 12 hours of sweat and funk that this stuff has successfully vanquished. I would apply in the evenings before heavy yardwork WAY before I'd use traditional deodorant.

The rose smell diminishes quickly...if you sniff your armpit after a few hours, it is still there....faintly. But who does that? Other than me...

Sure, it's more expensive than a conventional stuck from the drugstore. I've been putting three sprays under each armpit...and am anticipating this bottle to last me 5 or so months. So, with that amount of product..the price is no issue for me.

May not work for everyone, but I'd really recommend trying it for those that want to ditch the aluminum.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely dislike chemical deodorants and although this one might not be 100 percent natural as the alum stone, it does still a nice job plus the smell is great!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Best deodorant I have ever used. I have very sensitive underarms and weird body chemistry. I dislike commercial deodorants/antiperspirants because of the potential issues with aluminum (though if I had to use one, I'd pick Kiehl's in a heartbeat.) Rock crystal deodorant makes me smell decidedly worse than if I wore nothing at all, so thanks for nothing mineral salts...... I am definitely allergic to PG, so I can't use Tom's of Maine or any of the mainstream natural deodorants. Hmmm.....where does that leave me so far? Oh, I had great luck with coconut oil-based formulas in terms of smell, but I ended up with oil stains on my shirts after some time.

This Rose Weleda stuff is brilliant. I still sweat, of course, but I never smell. Even in heat and humidity. I just smell like roses--literally. Not old powdery granny roses, but fresh real roses. Think rose water. I was a little hesitant about the alcohol content, as I've had rashes from an alcohol-based deodorant before but no problem with the Weleda product. Very gentle and very effective.

on 8/21/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

PRICE
Usually $15 at Whole Foods, I saw this on sale for $10 and grabbed it. I eyed this product before, but thought it was too expensive at full price. I'm glad it went on sale because it's now my HG natural deodorant!

PACKAGING
A spray is more hygienic than a roll-on and glass is better for the environment than plastic. My only caveat is that the spray could have a wider application. Also, one must be careful not to drop the glass bottle.

QUANTITY
Though this is pricey, you get a pretty large bottle. It's double the usual amount in deodorants.

ODOR PROTECTION
I was surprised how well this works. I wore it all week in the hot summer, including several hours outside. By end of day I had not the slightest body odor! In fact, my armpits smelled neutral with a hint of the wild rose scent.

SMELL
Which comes to how this smells... YES, it's strong upon application, but it mellows down quickly and considerably. I smell the rose note only when I directly sniff my armpits. Also, as many have mentioned this is not an old lady rose scent. It's true to what fresh roses smell like. It combines really well with all my perfumes, including Chanel No. 5, Cacharel Amour Amour, Creed Acqua Fiorentina and My Burberry.

WETNESS PROTECTION
This does NOT affect your body's sweat, which is actually healthier than not. I found this deodorant to work best with natural, breathable fabrics like cotton, linen and silk.

STAINS
This deodorant does NOT stain!!! It washes clean away.

OTHER USES
This easily doubles as a body spray or even perfume. Besides the armpits, I spray it on my chest, lower back and behind the knees to feel extra fresh on a hot summer day.

on 6/12/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is sort of an interesting deodorant. It's a liquid that comes in a pump style spray bottle and delivers a strong rose scent. I actually felt like I was wearing perfume instead of deodorant the scent is so strong. This is good if you want a natural deodorant, and unlike many on the market, this does control odor. However, it won't control wetness. When I used it, I would alternate days between this and a more traditional deodorant that controlled wetness. This deodorant is also expensive. I think I paid about $12.00 dollars for mine, and that might have been on sale. Personally, I wouldn't buy this again. If you want a natural deodorant, check out your local health food store. There are a lot of brands out there for much more affordable prices.

on 4/29/2014 2:58:00 PM

Well, I must say that I'm quite impressed with this all natural deodorant. I do not know exactly how a liquid spray deodorant can work as well as this does, but it out-performs any of the solid, twist-up natural deodorants that I've tried in the past, i.e., Toms of Maine, Alba, Jason, Crystal, etc. I sat out in the hot sun today in a light sweater for approximately an hour and no odor. Pretty impressive, given with other natural deodorants I would have been a little smelly. This is expensive - $15 a pop from VitaCost. It looks like it will last a long time though. I only use 2 sprays for each underarm. I shave my underarm area every morning and directly out of the shower I apply this. It does sting slightly, but certainly not anything to really complain about. It does smell of roses and alcohol, but nothing unpleasant as I find it dissipates very quickly. The rose scent certainly does not linger on me throughout the day nor does it smell old-fashioned, so I'm not sure what others are referring to. I guess everyone's body chemistry is different. I like the fact that it's not artificially chemically scented. Be careful with the glass bottle in a tiled bathroom, however. You certainly would not want to drop this on the floor! I'm impressed and I will continue to buy this.

Popular Deodorants