Weleda Wild Rose Deodorant

Weleda Wild Rose Deodorant

Alcohol, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Extract, Glycerin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate. * from natural essential oils

on 7/20/2017 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This smells great and has a gorgeous package that I don't mind having on an open shelf in my bathroom.

In terms of efficacy, it works - to a point. It does not have the day-long lasting power of a few swipes of Secret. I have a second bottle at my work desk to touch-up throughout the day, and I have made semi-desperate runs to Whole Foods to pick up a replacement when I've realized I'm out and in a, um, situation. I live in NYC, where I commute by walking and deal with horrible hot summers, and I do not wear this on particularly sweaty days or when I work out. It just can't hold up, because it doesn't actually block sweat, just masks the smell. However, I'm fully comfortable using this during the winter.

You do need a few spritzes to get us on, and it can be difficult to aim. This means that I go through it slightly quicker than I'd like, as the price point is not cheap for a deodorant.

Downside of the packaging is that it's glass. Totally personal preference here - and it does make it feel more luxe - but I usually prefer products like this to be less breakable. I've had a few close calls with slippery post-shower hands, and it also makes it heavier and annoying to pack for travel.

on 3/27/2017 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

It just doesn't work for me as a deodorant. It vaguely covers odor, in a awkward way. Also, do not think of using this if you also wear perfume - the wild rose will overpower anything.

That being said - the scent is wonderful - I might end up recycling it as a body spray / perfume.

on 1/12/2016 3:03:00 AM

Great great great deodorant. It does as promises, no smell whatsoever, even after heavy activity.
I think that it does contains alcohol as it tingles after shaving. I've used it as a light perfume, too. It smells of roses but in a very natural and light way that I like

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this stuff. Actually, my main deodorant to protect from body odor is Oyin's Funk Butter. But on most days I don't sweat or smell this much.

I love anything rose scented, and I love a fresh, natural rose smell. I use this as a body spray actually, and am very generous with it. It's WAY cheaper than a pricy rose perfume, and not nearly as strong. I'm sensitive to heavy fragrance, so it's perfect in every way!

It comes in a lovely glass bottle, that looks great on my bathroom cabinet. Will purchase many more bottles once it's empty.

The scent is light, but lingers very faintly, exactly what I want!

This was one of the top rated deodorants on MUA but unfortunately it didn't work for me... I gave it 4 lippies because I gave it to my friend and she loves it, and it did work better than toms, kiss my face, or any of the crystal ones. I might just be too stinky... :(

on 6/30/2016 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a super great alternative to all the harmful, chemical-ridden deodorants out there. It smells super good once it has dried and settled (when directly applied it smells slightly of mosquito repellent, I think this is the alcohol), and does not make me smell! I am using it everyday during the summer and don't have to worry about smelling whatsoever. Would repurchase/recommend to a friend!

on 8/21/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

PRICE
Usually $15 at Whole Foods, I saw this on sale for $10 and grabbed it. I eyed this product before, but thought it was too expensive at full price. I'm glad it went on sale because it's now my HG natural deodorant!

PACKAGING
A spray is more hygienic than a roll-on and glass is better for the environment than plastic. My only caveat is that the spray could have a wider application. Also, one must be careful not to drop the glass bottle.

QUANTITY
Though this is pricey, you get a pretty large bottle. It's double the usual amount in deodorants.

ODOR PROTECTION
I was surprised how well this works. I wore it all week in the hot summer, including several hours outside. By end of day I had not the slightest body odor! In fact, my armpits smelled neutral with a hint of the wild rose scent.

SMELL
Which comes to how this smells... YES, it's strong upon application, but it mellows down quickly and considerably. I smell the rose note only when I directly sniff my armpits. Also, as many have mentioned this is not an old lady rose scent. It's true to what fresh roses smell like. It combines really well with all my perfumes, including Chanel No. 5, Cacharel Amour Amour, Creed Acqua Fiorentina and My Burberry.

WETNESS PROTECTION
This does NOT affect your body's sweat, which is actually healthier than not. I found this deodorant to work best with natural, breathable fabrics like cotton, linen and silk.

STAINS
This deodorant does NOT stain!!! It washes clean away.

OTHER USES
This easily doubles as a body spray or even perfume. Besides the armpits, I spray it on my chest, lower back and behind the knees to feel extra fresh on a hot summer day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Best deodorant I have ever used. I have very sensitive underarms and weird body chemistry. I dislike commercial deodorants/antiperspirants because of the potential issues with aluminum (though if I had to use one, I'd pick Kiehl's in a heartbeat.) Rock crystal deodorant makes me smell decidedly worse than if I wore nothing at all, so thanks for nothing mineral salts...... I am definitely allergic to PG, so I can't use Tom's of Maine or any of the mainstream natural deodorants. Hmmm.....where does that leave me so far? Oh, I had great luck with coconut oil-based formulas in terms of smell, but I ended up with oil stains on my shirts after some time.

This Rose Weleda stuff is brilliant. I still sweat, of course, but I never smell. Even in heat and humidity. I just smell like roses--literally. Not old powdery granny roses, but fresh real roses. Think rose water. I was a little hesitant about the alcohol content, as I've had rashes from an alcohol-based deodorant before but no problem with the Weleda product. Very gentle and very effective.

This is my new go-to deodorant. I'm about halfway through my first bottle, and am completely in love.

I work in a hot, smelly factory. I leave, and hit the gym. Lately, I've been going home after that and gardening until nearly dark. What I've found is... it works fantastically well through the gym. After that, if I want to stay fresh, I have to reapply. Still, we're talking 12 hours of sweat and funk that this stuff has successfully vanquished. I would apply in the evenings before heavy yardwork WAY before I'd use traditional deodorant.

The rose smell diminishes quickly...if you sniff your armpit after a few hours, it is still there....faintly. But who does that? Other than me...

Sure, it's more expensive than a conventional stuck from the drugstore. I've been putting three sprays under each armpit...and am anticipating this bottle to last me 5 or so months. So, with that amount of product..the price is no issue for me.

May not work for everyone, but I'd really recommend trying it for those that want to ditch the aluminum.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely dislike chemical deodorants and although this one might not be 100 percent natural as the alum stone, it does still a nice job plus the smell is great!