Weleda Wild Rose Deodorant

Weleda Wild Rose Deodorant

3.9

Alcohol, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Extract, Glycerin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate. * from natural essential oils

on 8/19/2018 1:25:00 PM

I found this quite effective as a deodorant and would repurchase; might try the sage version although it seems harder to find. It’s not an antiperspirant nor do I expect it to be and I’m not in love with the packaging for travelling (so I’m going to try Soapwalla for travelling) but it’s certainly the best ‘natural’ deodorant I’ve tried thus far.

Be cautious when applying after shaving; it does sting. I could see the pleasant soft rose scent clashing with certain perfumes too (I’ve been using D&G Light Blue and Lush Rose Jam spray both of which this deodorant compliments really well)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

On the hunt for a natural deodorant and this popped up in my browser so off I went to buy some. Weleda I find to be a relatively inexpensive brand with a strong focus on natural ingredients which I love. However this just did not work as well as I hoped it would in the hot and humid climate that is Miami. I had to keep reapplying with a spritz or two every couple of hours but even then was self conscious and decided to switch back to my regular deodorant. Not to mention the fragrance of roses was strong enough to clash with my perfume. I did take this with me to Europe recently in winter and it worked much more effectively. In a nutshell: good for northerly climates but not so great in hot ones!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to love this. Dita Von Teese mentioned that she uses this in her book, I love anything rose scented and I'm a fan of Weleda.

Unfortunately this had a very strong alcohol scent and was in no way helpful at preventing me from being smelly. Bummer.

on 7/20/2017 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This smells great and has a gorgeous package that I don't mind having on an open shelf in my bathroom.

In terms of efficacy, it works - to a point. It does not have the day-long lasting power of a few swipes of Secret. I have a second bottle at my work desk to touch-up throughout the day, and I have made semi-desperate runs to Whole Foods to pick up a replacement when I've realized I'm out and in a, um, situation. I live in NYC, where I commute by walking and deal with horrible hot summers, and I do not wear this on particularly sweaty days or when I work out. It just can't hold up, because it doesn't actually block sweat, just masks the smell. However, I'm fully comfortable using this during the winter.

You do need a few spritzes to get us on, and it can be difficult to aim. This means that I go through it slightly quicker than I'd like, as the price point is not cheap for a deodorant.

Downside of the packaging is that it's glass. Totally personal preference here - and it does make it feel more luxe - but I usually prefer products like this to be less breakable. I've had a few close calls with slippery post-shower hands, and it also makes it heavier and annoying to pack for travel.

on 3/27/2017 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

It just doesn't work for me as a deodorant. It vaguely covers odor, in a awkward way. Also, do not think of using this if you also wear perfume - the wild rose will overpower anything.

That being said - the scent is wonderful - I might end up recycling it as a body spray / perfume.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this stuff. Actually, my main deodorant to protect from body odor is Oyin's Funk Butter. But on most days I don't sweat or smell this much.

I love anything rose scented, and I love a fresh, natural rose smell. I use this as a body spray actually, and am very generous with it. It's WAY cheaper than a pricy rose perfume, and not nearly as strong. I'm sensitive to heavy fragrance, so it's perfect in every way!

It comes in a lovely glass bottle, that looks great on my bathroom cabinet. Will purchase many more bottles once it's empty.

The scent is light, but lingers very faintly, exactly what I want!

on 6/30/2016 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a super great alternative to all the harmful, chemical-ridden deodorants out there. It smells super good once it has dried and settled (when directly applied it smells slightly of mosquito repellent, I think this is the alcohol), and does not make me smell! I am using it everyday during the summer and don't have to worry about smelling whatsoever. Would repurchase/recommend to a friend!

This was one of the top rated deodorants on MUA but unfortunately it didn't work for me... I gave it 4 lippies because I gave it to my friend and she loves it, and it did work better than toms, kiss my face, or any of the crystal ones. I might just be too stinky... :(

on 1/12/2016 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Great great great deodorant. It does as promises, no smell whatsoever, even after heavy activity.
I think that it does contains alcohol as it tingles after shaving. I've used it as a light perfume, too. It smells of roses but in a very natural and light way that I like

This is my new go-to deodorant. I'm about halfway through my first bottle, and am completely in love.

I work in a hot, smelly factory. I leave, and hit the gym. Lately, I've been going home after that and gardening until nearly dark. What I've found is... it works fantastically well through the gym. After that, if I want to stay fresh, I have to reapply. Still, we're talking 12 hours of sweat and funk that this stuff has successfully vanquished. I would apply in the evenings before heavy yardwork WAY before I'd use traditional deodorant.

The rose smell diminishes quickly...if you sniff your armpit after a few hours, it is still there....faintly. But who does that? Other than me...

Sure, it's more expensive than a conventional stuck from the drugstore. I've been putting three sprays under each armpit...and am anticipating this bottle to last me 5 or so months. So, with that amount of product..the price is no issue for me.

May not work for everyone, but I'd really recommend trying it for those that want to ditch the aluminum.