LUSH Refresher Shower Jelly

4.7

on 7/27/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased both Refresher and Whoosh at the same time, having never tried the shower Jellies before. I absolutely love almost anything citrus in the summer and the idea that you can chill or freeze these before using to make them even more cooling intrigued me. The SA at my local LUSH, who was just fantastic, said she cuts hers into lots of little pieces right from the get go since the jelly blobs tend to crack over time if you use them whole. I use a tiny spoon to "cut" mine and insert a piece into a shower pouf to use it that way as trying to manipulate the little blob in your hand is just ridiculous and usually it ends up sliding from hand onto the shower floor and then good luck trying to pick it up again! As much as I really love the smell of this and how truly refreshing and invigorating it is, I absolutely loathe this "jelly" gimmick. I don't like using a shower pouf, to be honest, and prefer using a Buf Puf or similar type exfoliating sponge or mitt and while the jellies do work with these, you have to be careful, at least at the outset or, again, your jelly can end up on the shower floor instead of on you. I do wish they made these as shower gels and I am really on the fence as to whether I'd repurchase. I probably will but more as an indulgence than as regular shower product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm a fan of citrus scents so I may be a little biased, but this is honestly one of the best lemon fragrances I've ever come across. It's tart and zesty but with the tiniest hint of sweetness - it really smells like a freshly squeezed glass of lemonade, nothing artificial or cleaning product-like here. The easiest way to use LUSH jellies, in my opinion, is to scoop out a tiny amount (really, a little goes a long way) and smush it into a loofah to lather. As with most LUSH bath/shower products I'd wish they'd make a matching moisturizer and fragrance in this scent!

on 8/29/2016 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you like fresh, lemon scented soaps this is perfect. The consistency seemed a bit odd to me the first time used it, but that was simply because I'm not used to rubbing jelly all over my body. Now however, it's one of my favorite products, ever.

If you want a fresh start of your day, keep it in the fridge or freezer, it's such a nice feeling to use it when it's cold.

It smells incredible, and lasts so long! I've had mine for over 6 months and I use it almost every time I shower, and I haven't even used half yet. The price isn't too bad either, so all in all an amazing product!