Clinique City Block Purifying Charcoal Cleansing Gel

Clinique City Block Purifying Charcoal Cleansing Gel

4.8

Water / Aqua / Eau, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Coco-Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glycerin, Caffeine, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Monosodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Charcoal Powder, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77499)

on 11/12/2017 10:39:00 AM

Out of all facewashes that I have tried geared to my sensitive, oily, breakout prone skin this is the only one that is amazing for all these issues! For starters, this is the only cleanser to ever make a change to my extremely oily skin. I am no longer oily when I use this which is amazing. It also does a great job of removing makeup, and a bottle lasts for a very long time. I will continue to use- I have not found anything better in 10 years!

Love this cleanser, verry gentle and effective. The only con is the price

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I liked this cleanser--scent, lather, tube, the works. But it made my skin dry. I have slightly combo skin in the summer and this dried my skin out. I even consulted with clinique online and they told me this was too much for my skin type so obviously not for all skin types like Beautypedia reported. More for combination and oily types but it's gentle enough if you use heavy moisturizers after for a couple of times. It's a really nice cleanser but I will be moving on. Going to try the sonic cleanser next.

Love this product! Received a tester of it and had low expectations and only started using it when I ran out of my go to cleanser... but alas, I have fallen in love! As per the other reviews, it is gentle but still highly effective. Great for my combination skin. I am currently pregnant and have more hormonal acne than normal and am finding this is great for controlling same. Price for quantity and quality is frankly unbeatable! Highly recommend this product.

on 11/20/2016 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Update:
Omg! I love this so much! Never have I been able to find a cleanser that is so gentle, but effective. This has transformed my skin. It truly has. I use this morning & night (exfoliate once a week as well). I have had almost no breakouts other than the occasional hormal spot, which is insanely rare for my skin, no irritation, my redness is gone. I can't say enough good things about this. I love that there is no oils or fragrance, or harsh additives, because my skin is so sensitive. Doesnt dry out my skin at all, or leave a residue. Price point is not bad. $25 for a decent sized bottle. You do not need much to wash your face. I remove my makeup using coconut oil, then go in with this cleanser. Cannot say enough about this cleanser.

Previous:

Great, great cleanser! Skin background: acne prone, sensitive, very oily/dry patches. I switched to this cleanser after I realized mine just wasn't cutting it. Overnight I saw change. My skin looked much better already. It has minimized my breakouts (to almosg nothing) and honestly, brightened my face and minimized my redness. It doesn't dry me out. Overall my skin just looks much better. I am so glad I found this. Recommended to everyone struggling with acne, or to find anew effective but gentle cleanser. It doesn't have any fragrance or oils, which is perfect.

on 2/28/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

First review on makeupalley, this product is that good, it pushed me off my lazy ass to write a review about this cleanser. It has a great texture, soft and silky and produces a light and not too bubbly lather with ease. It washes off super clean too and doesn't leave skin feeling tight or dirty with residual makeup/oil.

I don't know why the price is set $$$$ because it is 20 bucks for 150 mL's, and I use a little larger than a pea size amount. It is honestly so incredible and I am completely converted from my shiseido facial cleansers to clinique It is scentless for all you fragrance-phobics and for those worried about the charcoal leaving your sinks/ clothes stained it doesn't do that, it all washes off super cleanly.

It is suitable for all skin types but on my oily/acne prone skin it is amazing and really slays the competition. Please for the love of god buy this cleanser you will not regret it.

on 11/15/2016 2:14:00 PM

A great cleanser non irritating. Has no fragrance, not super drying, great for even sensitive skin and best of all its effective and does moderately foam up. It rinses of well without leaving any residue. This works will with your fingers, a sponge and a manual or electric cleansing brush. The consistency is unlike most charcoal cleansers its not thick or super runny.

on 8/26/2016 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

this is a wonderful fragrance free, gentle cleanser yet very effective cleanser.

on 9/20/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

perfect for all skin types. No tight feeling after use. Best used if you have the Clinique sonic brush. I'm at my last few use and I will definitely repurchase.