CLINIQUE City Block Purifying Charcoal Cleansing Gel

CLINIQUE City Block Purifying Charcoal Cleansing Gel

4.7

Water / Aqua / Eau, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Coco-Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glycerin, Caffeine, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Monosodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Charcoal Powder, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77499)

Freaking incroyable. Ce produit a sauvé mon visage, j'ai souvent des éruptions cutanées. Lorsque j'ai commencé à utiliser ceci pour ma routine cutanée, je ne m'étais pas évaporé, peut-être une fois dans une lune bleue, mais pas comme avant. Après avoir utilisé cela, ma peau était tellement propre et étonnante. Je l'ai utilisé tous les jours pour laver mon maquillage et j'adore le recommander. Je l'ai achetée chez Marshall pour vraiment bon marché (je ne me souviens plus combien) et maintenant que ma première bouteille est partie, je vais en acheter une au prix fort parce que ça en vaut la peine.

on 10/5/2018 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Freaking amazing. This product saved my face, I have breakouts very often, when I started using this for my skin routine, I did not breakout, maybe once in a blue moon but not how I did before using this. After using this it made my skin feel so clean and amazing. I used it every day to wash off my makeup and I love it, would highly recommend it. I bought it at Marshall’s for like really cheap (don’t remember how much) and now that my first bottle is gone, I am going out to buy one at full price because it’s that worth it.

Excellent product for acne-prone, oily skin as it leaves skin feeling matte.
However, it is too strong for daily use so it would be best on days where your skin feels extra oily.

on 2/25/2018 12:29:00 PM

Nice cleanser, but it's pretty basic and doesn't do anything special.

For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive, and it is clog-prone. My HG cleanser is Peter Thomas Roth's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, but sometimes I like to use different ones. There wasn't anything wrong with this Clinique cleanser per se, but it didn't really impress me either.

Lathers up nicely and rinses off easily. Makes my skin feel extra clean, but never dried out. Not really suited for makeup removal though, I use something different for that- either an oil cleanser or a creamy foaming one. So this is more of a "wake up" cleanser for me. Also good as a 2nd step in a double-cleanse.

In short, it does the job but that's all it does. No added brightness or glow, no evening of the skin tone. Just straightforward cleansing. So I give this product four stars but I wouldn't buy it again.

This cleanser is so amazing ! It saved my facial skin. My face has been broke out and I had so many pimples, i searched everywhere a product to help my skin, then I found this one with so many good reviews. Thank you so much Makeuppalley and thanks for people who gave good reviews about this little cleanser in this website. I feel my skin so clear, hydrated and it bright up my facial skin. I love this cleanser so so much and definitely continue buying it :)

on 11/12/2017 10:39:00 AM

Out of all facewashes that I have tried geared to my sensitive, oily, breakout prone skin this is the only one that is amazing for all these issues! For starters, this is the only cleanser to ever make a change to my extremely oily skin. I am no longer oily when I use this which is amazing. It also does a great job of removing makeup, and a bottle lasts for a very long time. I will continue to use- I have not found anything better in 10 years!

Love this cleanser, verry gentle and effective. The only con is the price

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I liked this cleanser--scent, lather, tube, the works. But it made my skin dry. I have slightly combo skin in the summer and this dried my skin out. I even consulted with clinique online and they told me this was too much for my skin type so obviously not for all skin types like Beautypedia reported. More for combination and oily types but it's gentle enough if you use heavy moisturizers after for a couple of times. It's a really nice cleanser but I will be moving on. Going to try the sonic cleanser next.

Love this product! Received a tester of it and had low expectations and only started using it when I ran out of my go to cleanser... but alas, I have fallen in love! As per the other reviews, it is gentle but still highly effective. Great for my combination skin. I am currently pregnant and have more hormonal acne than normal and am finding this is great for controlling same. Price for quantity and quality is frankly unbeatable! Highly recommend this product.

on 2/28/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

First review on makeupalley, this product is that good, it pushed me off my lazy ass to write a review about this cleanser. It has a great texture, soft and silky and produces a light and not too bubbly lather with ease. It washes off super clean too and doesn't leave skin feeling tight or dirty with residual makeup/oil.

I don't know why the price is set $$$$ because it is 20 bucks for 150 mL's, and I use a little larger than a pea size amount. It is honestly so incredible and I am completely converted from my shiseido facial cleansers to clinique It is scentless for all you fragrance-phobics and for those worried about the charcoal leaving your sinks/ clothes stained it doesn't do that, it all washes off super cleanly.

It is suitable for all skin types but on my oily/acne prone skin it is amazing and really slays the competition. Please for the love of god buy this cleanser you will not regret it.