FLOWER Beauty Miracle Matte Translucent Finishing Powder

No Image

on 12/29/2016 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When I wear this over L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte liquid foundation, it's the most amazing thing ever. No oil, all day long. Period. I've worn this combo for months with the same results day in and day out. In fact it has significantly helped with any acne and/or texture on my skin that I hesitate to use any other foundation with it. I've tried it over other liquid makeup and while it keeps the oil at bay for awhile, it works best with the Pro-Matte liquid. Of course I use a brush to apply and it's a very finely milled powder so it gets everywhere but I can deal with that because the results are so great. Definitely repurchasing and would recommend for anyone battling oily skin.

on 8/26/2016 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I try a lot of translucent powders, one reason being that I like to find "the one", something that is long lasting, not too matte, cheap, and white.

PROS: Unlike some other pale/"translucent" powders, this one is actually white, no tint of any kind. I find it gives a nice finish to the skin, not really into matte powders or anything, I more wear them to slow down the eventual shine from my foundation or emollient products that can melt or seep into my eyes (like sunscreen on eyelids). I love this powder on top of Neutrogena's Clear Face sunscreen (nothing else, just bare skin). It blends really well and never looks too matte or cakey. I've been using this combo for a while, but I always like translucent powder used on bare skin or very light coverage products.

CONS: I really hate the packaging, it makes it look like you get a lot more and it just seems so wasteful or like it's trying ot pull one on you. It comes in this box, and then the product has this big lid and shape and everything, but in the end, you only get 0.28oz... it's not a horrible amount but it seems misleading. The included puff also seems... Well it is perfectly usable and I do use it all the time with the powder, but the powder doesn't go into it, it just sits on the surface of it. It is also a white puff, which is silly when you're using a white powder. And that huge "lid" you put on it. Why can't it just come in a plain sifter or just a plain jar? Oh right, that is not luxe.

OTHER: I think a reason this works so well is because of how finely milled it is... you have no idea. This stuff does not create a mess that you'd expect a powder would, it's so light that it simply floats into the air or you breathe it in.