Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Skin-Transforming Powder

4.4

Talc, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylon-12, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Magnesium Stearate, Methicone, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Copper PCA. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Saw some great reviews and decided to try this. Absolutely love it, I either use it over a liquid foundation or on its own. It is buildable and lasts for hours. Light to medium coverage, does not settle into wrinkles and fine lines. It is a very natural finish. I chose Classic Ivory which is perfect for my light/medium neutral skin tone. It does not seem to oxidise. Would definitely buy it again.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I am 65 with combination skin, large pores, redness and spider veins. Oh yes age spots too. I use the Maybelline Superstay Concealer and then sweep this on all over my face and I am done. My skin doesn't look absolutely perfect like with a full coverage foundation and tons of blending, but it looks natural and even. If I still see some problem pores a light pat with Coty Airspun powder and a powder puff takes care of that.

This makeup is silky smooth and much more finely milled than mineral makeup. Super easy to touch up, travels well in your purse makeup bag and doesn't crease and gather in wrinkles like regular foundation does. I can still use blush and contouring too. After trying it I bought 2 more as back ups in case it gets discontinued.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I got this in Coconut and I love it. Have had it for a little over a year and never knew when I would use it as translucent powder is my bestie. But I have been researching the buffing technique to get a flawless face. Gossmakeupartist has a YouTube video all about this. You do your whole face, set it then buff with a tinted powder. This is the one I chose. It certainly leaves all my makeup blended and a flawless look. I am very impressed and can finally see myself putting all my powder foundations to use again. The liquid foundation in this range is my hg foundation. Now I can pile this on top too. Will certainly repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This has a similar finish to the Beyond Perfecting powder foundation from Clinique (but that one can be built to medium coverage and this one doesn't quite get there. Pretty darn close though). Does what it says. It SLIGHTLY smooths the skin and softens imperfections. The coverage is sheer to light. Some redness still peeks through, scars too obviously. The finish is natural matte but within an hour It has luminosity for me since I have oily skin. This powder is good for touching up the t-zone because it mattifies a little (without looking dry or flat) and provides some coverage at the same time. Its not good for setting the undereye area though. It tends to make my concealer crease and look cakey (Maybelline Age Rewind). For the undereye Covergirl Outlast powder works better, and the Nyx translucent powder even better than the covergirl.

So far this hasn't caused breakouts which is a miracle. It also DOESN'T exacerbates oiliness issues; you know how some powders make you look OILIER a few hours into wear than if you hadn't worn them in the first place? This one doesn't do that to me. Its more matte sister powder Maybelline Matte and Poreless makes me look like an oil slick later in the day. I would pick this one up over that one if you are looking for a natural matte finish powder foundation. I use this for working out, and for touching up or giving color to my face after setting with a loose powder that has an ashy finish.

I fall around NC 42 in Mac and use 80 Rich tan which is fine (only a smidge darker than my skin). I Also Got Warm Nude, and that one its a bit too light though the undertone is golden/yellow.

I have no complaints, I love the mirror and sturdy packaging (even if its not that elegant looking). I have already repurchased and would recommend as a sheer to light coverage foundation but not for setting the undereye area.

If you are looking for an affordable matte setting/finishing powder, I would suggest Covergirl Outlast Powder applied with a light hand.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after reading positive review on various websites, including this one. When i saw it on sale at my local H&M I was quick to pick it up. At first i liked it, it gave me porcelain skin and had all these acne fighting ingredients. I have been struggling with acne for 5 years, i get these closed comedones all over my cheek that are really hard to remove, almost every oil i use clogs my skin up. At the time i purchased this powder my skin was doing much better I only got maybe 5-6 closed comedones on my face in total, but it soon became worse and i couldn't figure out why.

Anyway when i packed for vacation I only packed my loose setting powder from nyx in order to save room. On vacation my face cleared up entirely, sea water really helps, the comedones just popped out. Terrified of the acne coming back I only used the same products I used on vacation for months after. When I ran out of my nyx powder I went back to the betterskin and then little by little I saw my skin getting clogged up again, and the only thing new in my regimen is this powder.

I couldn't believe it, this was supposed to help with my skin not ruin it. So I checked the ingredient list and surprise, surprise what did i find hydrogenated palm oil, which not only has a rating 4-5 on the comedogenic scale but also is awful for the environment since rainforests are being destroyed in order to make room for palm oil plantations. So disappointed in this product and maybelline in general, but im also disappointed in myself for not checking the ingredient list. Def do not recommend, plenty of other products that deliver similar and better results.

this product went straight to the trash.

I think this is currently my favorite pressed powder. As I have mentioned in all my reviews, I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. This smooth, finely-milled pressed powder does not break me out and does as good of a job as any product available at keeping the oily shine from getting too ugly. Nothing keeps me matte, but this powder does as good a job as anything else I have tried. It is a better formula than the Wet n Wild Coverall Pressed Powder, which is less finely-milled and kicks up more powder. It's nice for setting my makeup as well as for touch-ups. I think the shade (10) that I have matches me and isn't too pink for my pale + yellow skin tone. I have used it both with a brush and with the sponge. It comes with a nice, relatively big mirror for a compact and so I don't mind the size of the packaging. When I first got it, I easily removed the label from the top of the compact so I have a clean, white compact with a big mirror and touch-up powder for my purse. I don't have any idea whether the salicylic acid in the formula has any effect on preventing clogged pores, but it doesn't seem to do any harm either.

This is by far the best drugstore pressed powder I've used in a long time. I love everything about it - the packaging, the formula, the color, the way it makes my skin look and feel. The powder has literally no kick-up, it blends so nicely into the skin so it hardly looks like you have powder on. Not sure about the 2%SA claims, but all I know is that this doesn't break me out which is always A+.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc30, warm and yellow

I love love love this powder. I wear shade 30. I don't have problematic skin so I can't speak about coverage but this powder gives your skin an airbrush effect. I use this on its own or on top of foundation. I don't rely on this to mattify my face. Definitely would repurchase.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Best powder ever. & It has 2% salicylic acid

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have this in porcelain, the lightest shade and it is a perfect match for my skin tone. I really like the packaging with the large mirror and the sponge applicator. This applies smoothly and works best with primer.. Will look not look good if your skin is dry, so moisturize first. This does not give me enough coverage; it is a light coverage at best. And the coverage is not long lasting at all.