Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Skin-Transforming Powder

4.3

Talc, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylon-12, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Magnesium Stearate, Methicone, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Copper PCA. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after reading positive review on various websites, including this one. When i saw it on sale at my local H&M I was quick to pick it up. At first i liked it, it gave me porcelain skin and had all these acne fighting ingredients. I have been struggling with acne for 5 years, i get these closed comedones all over my cheek that are really hard to remove, almost every oil i use clogs my skin up. At the time i purchased this powder my skin was doing much better I only got maybe 5-6 closed comedones on my face in total, but it soon became worse and i couldn't figure out why.

Anyway when i packed for vacation I only packed my loose setting powder from nyx in order to save room. On vacation my face cleared up entirely, sea water really helps, the comedones just popped out. Terrified of the acne coming back I only used the same products I used on vacation for months after. When I ran out of my nyx powder I went back to the betterskin and then little by little I saw my skin getting clogged up again, and the only thing new in my regimen is this powder.

I couldn't believe it, this was supposed to help with my skin not ruin it. So I checked the ingredient list and surprise, surprise what did i find hydrogenated palm oil, which not only has a rating 4-5 on the comedogenic scale but also is awful for the environment since rainforests are being destroyed in order to make room for palm oil plantations. So disappointed in this product and maybelline in general, but im also disappointed in myself for not checking the ingredient list. Def do not recommend, plenty of other products that deliver similar and better results.

this product went straight to the trash.

I think this is currently my favorite pressed powder. As I have mentioned in all my reviews, I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. This smooth, finely-milled pressed powder does not break me out and does as good of a job as any product available at keeping the oily shine from getting too ugly. Nothing keeps me matte, but this powder does as good a job as anything else I have tried. It is a better formula than the Wet n Wild Coverall Pressed Powder, which is less finely-milled and kicks up more powder. It's nice for setting my makeup as well as for touch-ups. I think the shade (10) that I have matches me and isn't too pink for my pale + yellow skin tone. I have used it both with a brush and with the sponge. It comes with a nice, relatively big mirror for a compact and so I don't mind the size of the packaging. When I first got it, I easily removed the label from the top of the compact so I have a clean, white compact with a big mirror and touch-up powder for my purse. I don't have any idea whether the salicylic acid in the formula has any effect on preventing clogged pores, but it doesn't seem to do any harm either.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have this in porcelain, the lightest shade and it is a perfect match for my skin tone. I really like the packaging with the large mirror and the sponge applicator. This applies smoothly and works best with primer.. Will look not look good if your skin is dry, so moisturize first. This does not give me enough coverage; it is a light coverage at best. And the coverage is not long lasting at all.

This is by far the best drugstore pressed powder I've used in a long time. I love everything about it - the packaging, the formula, the color, the way it makes my skin look and feel. The powder has literally no kick-up, it blends so nicely into the skin so it hardly looks like you have powder on. Not sure about the 2%SA claims, but all I know is that this doesn't break me out which is always A+.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc30, warm and yellow

I love love love this powder. I wear shade 30. I don't have problematic skin so I can't speak about coverage but this powder gives your skin an airbrush effect. I use this on its own or on top of foundation. I don't rely on this to mattify my face. Definitely would repurchase.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Best powder ever. & It has 2% salicylic acid

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have porcelain. its yellow undertone not pink..its a yellow that runs neutral once on so that's great! its also pale enough for me when hardly anything is... so no worries there...
the coverage is GREAT/ ill give it that for sure..buildable and starts as medium...
it didn't look too powdery or heavy at all
its just that I became all oily and splotchy much sooner than I would have liked and I don't with what I was using before... (loreal magic nude liquid powder and Maybelline the perfector powder..with that white swirl primer inside that I use as foundation by itself!) those two keep me oil free til late at night and covered too!
this one broke up around my nose.. oily with foundation gone
but looked so nice for first few hours so ill use it til its gone
so as not to waste money.
on non oily parts looks great..stayed... (after 10 hours)
looks natural and fresh like... coverage like I said is main thing.. its really good.

I have pretty much tried most of powder foundation from sephora and wasn't very impressed with anyone of them. ...they are either too thick, too dry, or too greasy. Saw a famous youtuber raving about this powder and since it's really inexpensive (around $10 cnd) so i thought i would have it a try .and i'm very happy with this purchase. I am dry combination so i only use this for a touch up powder on my t-zone area...it gives me the finish that that i was looking for all along....natural matte/not-powdery/smooth....it literally makes you look like u have better skin....!!

I have nc30 and bought this in 30 and a pretty damn good match!! This is a great powder for oily areas of your face......but be careful for normal/dry areas cause it can make them feel tight!!

Only complain i have is for the packaging......the white cover along with the sticker on top makes it look really cheap..they could have come up with other design that would look more cute and elegant like the ones that produce for asia.

I have had a love-hate relationship with this powder. I can never decide how I feel about it. It actually has decent coverage to it so I sometimes buff it into my skin for a minimal makeup kind of day. If your skin is dry at all it will look horrible with this powder so moisturize well! But it can look very smooth and flawless as well.

soo nice and light natural powder very good for all day wear make my skin looks falwless all day i love it best powder either drugstore or highend