e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder - Soft Luminance

e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder - Soft Luminance
High Definition Powder - Soft Luminance

3.4

Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 9/6/2018 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on this powder! Yes, it has some shimmer, but on the face, it's not super noticeable, rather, it gives a glowy, airbrushed look that I adore! And this is coming from someone whose face tries to recreate the Exxon Valdez disaster on a daily basis!
I use this to set under my eyes, and if I'm wearing foundation or BB cream, my whole face. I really love how it blurs pores and fine lines, and doesn't appear cakey. It keeps shine at bay pretty effectively, but isn't totally matte, so it looks very natural. No breakouts are caused by this powder, and I've been using this for years on my acne-prone skin.
I haven't noticed any flashback in photos, but I don't generally end up in photos with a face-on flash (which is where one might find a problem with a powder like this).
The old packaging was a bit better in that it wasn't messy, but it was bulky. The new packaging is much more streamlined, but if you remove the film over the holes, it'll be a mess. I've learned that taking something sharp to pierce one or two holes in the film is enough to dispense the product without having it explode everywhere. I do, however, like the puff that comes with it.
It's $6, which really is a great price considering the quality. The value for money with this product is astounding.
I'll definitely continue to repurchase as long as e.l.f. still makes this awesome powder!

on 8/14/2018 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first time I bought a setting powder. I had no idea it was basically just glitter and I was ready to throw it out but honestly, after trying it, I wasn't too mad about it. The glitter is not overpowering. The lasting power is quite shocking to me. My foundation stays put and it prevents it from separating if I have a layer of primer underneath. However, I am not a big fan of the dial at the top. I thought that it was a great idea but it creates a bigger mess than needed. I would purchase it again after testing out other powders.

on 8/27/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

There is ZERO shimmer, sheen or even glitter (which I don't want but would justify the luminous claim) to this product what so EVER. It has similar qualities to the original, which is wonderful especially for the price, (hence the 3 stars) and a slight tint, but NO LUMINOUSITY. Its a decent little power...just serves no purpose. Just get the original.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

There is SO MUCH sparkle in this powder! They get everywhere, on your shirt, hands, down your cheek, its crazy!

The power itself is very nice but the sparkle kills it for me. Its so bad that people noticed the first time i wore it thinking maybe the powder wouldnt be noticible but it is. I dont know what the other reviewer is talking about, there is DEFINITELY a shimmer and sparkle to this powder!

Im trying to find a way to attach pictures i took of the power on my wrist.

I will stick to the ELF HD translucent powder as that one is matte- no sparkle or shine!

Maybe if you have pale skin the sparkle wont be as bad, if you buy it youll know exactly what im talking about, the powder can literally be used as a peach colored highlighter.

on 8/25/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I paid around $4.00 for this, so even if it was terrible it would be hard to complain too much. However, it's not at all terrible. I really like it! This is a Dimethicone/Silica/Mica blend that is talc-free, clay-free, and bismuth oxychloride free. In my opinion this is much more of a "setting" powder than a "finishing" powder, even though it claims to have "Soft Luminance". When this is on my skin, no one on earth could tell the difference, visually, between this and Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder. It's very rare to find a setting powder that doesn't have talc (which makes me itchy), so I am really glad to have this. It mattifies, absorbs oil and perspiration, and it's invisible. It doesn't make me look cakey or dried-out, as some HD Powders can do, so maybe that's where the Luminance is working for me. In any case, this "Luminance" is definitely not shimmer or glitter. I can use this powder both under and over foundation, and it's great for touch-ups without becoming chunky. I have no idea whether or not this shows up like powdered suger in photos, (yet), but it's great for helping me look fresh and not greasy.