E.L.F. High Definition Powder - Soft Luminance

E.L.F. High Definition Powder - Soft Luminance
High Definition Powder - Soft Luminance

2.7

Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 8/27/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

There is ZERO shimmer, sheen or even glitter (which I don't want but would justify the luminous claim) to this product what so EVER. It has similar qualities to the original, which is wonderful especially for the price, (hence the 3 stars) and a slight tint, but NO LUMINOUSITY. Its a decent little power...just serves no purpose. Just get the original.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

There is SO MUCH sparkle in this powder! They get everywhere, on your shirt, hands, down your cheek, its crazy!

The power itself is very nice but the sparkle kills it for me. Its so bad that people noticed the first time i wore it thinking maybe the powder wouldnt be noticible but it is. I dont know what the other reviewer is talking about, there is DEFINITELY a shimmer and sparkle to this powder!

Im trying to find a way to attach pictures i took of the power on my wrist.

I will stick to the ELF HD translucent powder as that one is matte- no sparkle or shine!

Maybe if you have pale skin the sparkle wont be as bad, if you buy it youll know exactly what im talking about, the powder can literally be used as a peach colored highlighter.

on 8/25/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I paid around $4.00 for this, so even if it was terrible it would be hard to complain too much. However, it's not at all terrible. I really like it! This is a Dimethicone/Silica/Mica blend that is talc-free, clay-free, and bismuth oxychloride free. In my opinion this is much more of a "setting" powder than a "finishing" powder, even though it claims to have "Soft Luminance". When this is on my skin, no one on earth could tell the difference, visually, between this and Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder. It's very rare to find a setting powder that doesn't have talc (which makes me itchy), so I am really glad to have this. It mattifies, absorbs oil and perspiration, and it's invisible. It doesn't make me look cakey or dried-out, as some HD Powders can do, so maybe that's where the Luminance is working for me. In any case, this "Luminance" is definitely not shimmer or glitter. I can use this powder both under and over foundation, and it's great for touch-ups without becoming chunky. I have no idea whether or not this shows up like powdered suger in photos, (yet), but it's great for helping me look fresh and not greasy.