Bare Escentuals barePRO Performance Wear Powder foundation

Bare Escentuals barePRO Performance Wear Powder foundation

3.4

Ingredients:Talc, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Stearate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Pyridoxine Cyclic Phosphate, Chlorphenesin. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

This might be long. As I want to go over my skin type. So people are aware.

I have dehydrated skin. In my 18+yrs of using some sort of foundation (various finishes & consistencies), this is the second foundation to have given me acne. I'm honestly surprised I had so much acne from this! As I never expected a powder to break me out.

I wanted a powder foundation as I like the coverage they give me and plus it's much quicker to do than liquid for me. I also end up looking more flawless with powder instead of liquid. Liquid gets cakey on me and powder some how does not.

I'm roughly NC15-20 and was matched to #7 Warm Light. Looking back I'm still confused how that happened. As after application it's a half a shade too dark. Then it oxidizes like no other to a full shade and a half too dark.

I love the texture on this. If you can find your shade match and nothing whatsoever breaks you out in acne. Go for this. Which is why I gave it a 2. I can see this working for some. The texture is nice but the acne & oxidization are deal breakers for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HIGHLY Disappointed. I wanted to love this because I love bareMinerals. I've worn bM ready powder foundation for years now and loved it. However, this foundation is super drying and after reading reviews I am SO frustrated to find that it has TALC in it!!!!! It does not even come close to the silky creamy formula of the ready foundation so I hate that this is what bM came up with as a replacement! I HATE it when products I love are discontinued. I haven't had this long and already hit pan so the amount of product compared to the ready foundation doesn't come close either! I really hope bareMinerals brings back the ready foundation! Had I known they were going to discontinue it I would've bought several before they were gone.

So the company responsible for demonizing the Talc and "filler" industry now makes a powder foundation full of Talc and fillers. How nice. How things have changed now that they were bought out by Shiseido. I went to Sephora and this was used on me for a makeover. The sales lady tried real hard to sell this to me and I refused to buy it. I told her that this company was founded on no talc and no fillers and now this stuff you're putting on me is full of all the crap the company hates. I'll pass, thanks.

As far looks go, it made my skin look flat and powdery. See my review on Photobalm, by Thebalm, powder foundation, which lasts all day and gives an airbrushed look.

on 7/21/2017 12:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Such a lovely powder, blends flawlessly into my skin and provides medium to full coverage. This makes my skin look airbrushed but it also makes it look as if I don't have any makeup on! I wish it did a better job at keeping my oil at bay but I've come to terms that there's isn't a product out there that does that. Overall, I highly recommend everyone this to those who are looking for a suit powder with great coverage.

on 6/5/2017 12:23:00 PM

Ugh, where to start. I loved the Ready and was told this was the replacement. This is nothing like Ready. It's very chalky, drying and gives minimum coverage. If you are in high school and have no skin issues yet like discoloration or acne, then this is for you. It would compliment perfect skin and give it a nice matte look. For anyone else I would avoid this. It covers nothing, clings to dry spots and makes you look like you rubbed chalk on your face. The staying power is at max 3 hours. Very disappointed as bare essentials seems to keep going down hill.

on 5/13/2017 11:13:00 PM

I love this foundation! It's the only one I've found not to oxidize and turn dark on my oily skin. I can also reapply it, whereas others would streak. I don't love the core coverage brush, it's a bit inconvenient to use, but it's grown on me.

on 3/2/2017 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to love this, but this is going back to Sephora. I'm all for the idea of a one and done, simple, no fuss product that will even out my skin and liven me up. This was not it. While the shade Dawn 02 was a great match for my neutral toned fair skin, this foundation made my skin look dead and lifeless while not really doing much to cover. My skin just looked like I buffed on some pressed powder. It also did not wear well on me at all. There was definite separation from my skin by mid day and it emphasized my pores and places where my face moves a lot.

I'll probably end up exchanging for the Original Foundation, even though it makes a mess.

Oh well!

on 5/11/2017 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

If you are in your teens or 20's, than this powder foundation will be good for you. It is medium coverage and is mattifying. I wore this to work today and did not like it. It made my face dry and itchy. I know people are in love with mattifying products, but for me all it seems to do is suck the moisture out of my face. Therefore, I am not a fan. I'll stick to my MAC mineralize loose powder.

on 3/26/2017 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've tried bareMinerals original, matte, ready and this bare pro version. This is by far the worse foundation!

I loved the coverage of the original but did not love the off color choices and the longevity was not good on my oily skin. The matte lasted way better but still not as long as I wanted (only last 3-4 hours in the winter) and the color was off and I had to mix. Ready was amazing! The coverage was as good as the original but better because the finish was more satin. The color choice was also better and I didn't need to mix shades. Each compact also lasted me years, which is why I think this was discontinued because it lasted so long.

I gave this one a try even though it has talc in it. This foundation is like trying to make a touch up powder your foundation. The coverage is terrible, the powder is chalky. And I had to use a lot, a lot of product to get decent coverage. The only plus was the expanded color range.

My sister and I both returned this and went back to the matte formulation since they expanded that color range too.if you're a loyal bareMinerals fan, save your money, you won't get the creamy natural coverage you're used to.

on 4/9/2017 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation, covers my imperfections without being cakey or giving the effect that I had just slapped myself in make-up to cover up my problematic, oily and acne-prone skin. It reduces redness and cover the blemishes whilst letting my natural skin shine through, especially when used with the bareMinerals 'complexion rescue tinted hydrating gel cream'. My skin is very oily and this isn't enhanced when wearing this foundation, as my face appears to have a healthy glow without looking like a chip pan. BareMinerals are known for their make 'unders', so I was slightly worried that the foundations wouldn't be very full coverage due to their natural looking product line, however my worries were quickly put aside when the lady applied this foundation to half of my face allowing me to see the difference in redness and coverage overall. After she had checked I was happy with the colour she began to prepare the other side of my face and then allowed me to apply the foundation myself and talked me through the best ways to apply it and the types of brushes to use, which you rarely get to do with other make-up brands. I wore the products she applied, after giving me a full makeover, without me asking, which was nice, for a few hours to see how it looked as my skin becomes oily after around 30 minutes of applying make-up, and after around two hours, the make-up was still in place and didn't look oily in the slightest, so I went back to the store and bought this foundation, the complexion rescue, the mineral veil loose powder and the precision face brush. I was very impressed with this foundation as little product was needed for good coverage (which is buildable), so I know this product will last me along time. These products are very high quality and the packaging is well thought out on all of the products I have seen, on loose powders there is a lock to prevent the powder going into the lid whilst travelling. Although bareMinerals don't have a high product range, the products they do have are high quality and have a wide colour range. I wasn't expecting the results I was given from a powder foundation, so I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is oily, but also to people with dry skin as this product also works with my dry patches and doesn't stick to them, which can be a problem with many foundations. The bareMinerals products I tried whilst being given a make 'under' blended well together with ease. The lady who did my make-up asked many questions on my skin type and my skincare routine, to ensure the products she applied on my skin would be suitable and the best to use, which made my experience personal and made me more inclined to buy the products. I was also given tips on how to prolong my make-ups wear throughout the day such as putting powder onto a retractable brush to carry round for the day rather than taking the powder as well as a brush in my bag, this also prevents compact powders from smashing, which was useful, especially for people who tend to be on the oily side as you can touch up quickly on the go. This is definitely the best foundation I have tried out of high-end and drug store products and it is certainly worth the £27 I paid for it, I will definitely be buying this product again, along with more products from bareMinerals.