bareMinerals barePRO Performance Wear Powder foundation

bareMinerals barePRO Performance Wear Powder foundation

3.5

Ingredients:Talc, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Stearate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Pyridoxine Cyclic Phosphate, Chlorphenesin. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

on 4/22/2018 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love and hate relationship with BE. When the matte version came out, I absolutely hated it. When the previous version of the compact powder came out, again, I hated it. I tried this although the reviews here are not that great and it looked okay for a couple of hours. One thing about this product is that you shouldn’t judge it when it is first applied. It doesn’t oxidize but it separates. One of the biggest problems with the powder foundations is that they oxidize. The coverage is medium. It is not matte. It is not shiny either. I like the original formula the best. This is not as good.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my most reliable foundations in my collection, which is weird because I’m obsessed with trying liquid foundations but my favorite foundation is this powder foundation haha. I use the shade 07 Warm Light, which is kinda a perfect match for me. It doesn’t really matter where my skin condition is at any given day, this foundation will look good on me most of the times. I use it with the core coverage brush and I love the finish it gives me. I love that the brush is retractable because I like taking the compact and the brush with me in my bag. I use this powder to touch up my makeup when I’m using liquid foundations as well, and it usually matches up pretty well with them. This is my go to foundation when I need to get my makeup done in a hurry or during commute. I would try to avoid it during the sweltering heat of summer tho (but then I’d avoid most makeup anyway).

on 2/6/2018 4:44:00 PM

This powder felt very heavy...after having it on for maybe an hour or two my skin becomes very oily but dry at the same time...when i touch my face it feels so rough liked my skin just doesn't like it.......i bought it because two of my favorite youtubers were raving about it.....but i forgot to keep it mind that they both have oily skin and they live in much warmer places...

I have been on a search for a HG foundation that will work on my ever changing skin. I like powder foundations simply because of the ease of use. I've tried It Cosmetics, PUR Cosmetics and Mineral Silk. While I like It Cosmetics, it oxidizes in the Winter on me. I went to Ulta and was given this to try and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I've used the original before and adored it but it can get so messy. This formula just blends onto my face so nice and as my husband says looks like I don't have anything on.

I don't feel it on my skin during the day and I don't have an issue with it oxidizing. I currently wear the color Warm Light (07).
In the Summer I switch to Golden Nude (13).

on 11/23/2017 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this stuff. They have expanded the shade range in their powders to accommodate more cooler-toned girls. I love 05- Sateen. I make sure to moisturize well and use a primer (love the Rimmel primers). So much cleaner and easier to use than loose powder and can pop in your handbag for touch ups during the day/evening. A little goes a long way on a foundation brush (I use the real techniques foundation brush).

This might be long. As I want to go over my skin type. So people are aware.

I have dehydrated skin. In my 18+yrs of using some sort of foundation (various finishes & consistencies), this is the second foundation to have given me acne. I'm honestly surprised I had so much acne from this! As I never expected a powder to break me out.

I wanted a powder foundation as I like the coverage they give me and plus it's much quicker to do than liquid for me. I also end up looking more flawless with powder instead of liquid. Liquid gets cakey on me and powder some how does not.

I'm roughly NC15-20 and was matched to #7 Warm Light. Looking back I'm still confused how that happened. As after application it's a half a shade too dark. Then it oxidizes like no other to a full shade and a half too dark.

I love the texture on this. If you can find your shade match and nothing whatsoever breaks you out in acne. Go for this. Which is why I gave it a 2. I can see this working for some. The texture is nice but the acne & oxidization are deal breakers for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HIGHLY Disappointed. I wanted to love this because I love bareMinerals. I've worn bM ready powder foundation for years now and loved it. However, this foundation is super drying and after reading reviews I am SO frustrated to find that it has TALC in it!!!!! It does not even come close to the silky creamy formula of the ready foundation so I hate that this is what bM came up with as a replacement! I HATE it when products I love are discontinued. I haven't had this long and already hit pan so the amount of product compared to the ready foundation doesn't come close either! I really hope bareMinerals brings back the ready foundation! Had I known they were going to discontinue it I would've bought several before they were gone.

So the company responsible for demonizing the Talc and "filler" industry now makes a powder foundation full of Talc and fillers. How nice. How things have changed now that they were bought out by Shiseido. I went to Sephora and this was used on me for a makeover. The sales lady tried real hard to sell this to me and I refused to buy it. I told her that this company was founded on no talc and no fillers and now this stuff you're putting on me is full of all the crap the company hates. I'll pass, thanks.

As far looks go, it made my skin look flat and powdery. See my review on Photobalm, by Thebalm, powder foundation, which lasts all day and gives an airbrushed look.

on 7/21/2017 12:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Such a lovely powder, blends flawlessly into my skin and provides medium to full coverage. This makes my skin look airbrushed but it also makes it look as if I don't have any makeup on! I wish it did a better job at keeping my oil at bay but I've come to terms that there's isn't a product out there that does that. Overall, I highly recommend everyone this to those who are looking for a suit powder with great coverage.

on 6/5/2017 12:23:00 PM

Ugh, where to start. I loved the Ready and was told this was the replacement. This is nothing like Ready. It's very chalky, drying and gives minimum coverage. If you are in high school and have no skin issues yet like discoloration or acne, then this is for you. It would compliment perfect skin and give it a nice matte look. For anyone else I would avoid this. It covers nothing, clings to dry spots and makes you look like you rubbed chalk on your face. The staying power is at max 3 hours. Very disappointed as bare essentials seems to keep going down hill.