bareMinerals barePRO Performance Wear Powder foundation

bareMinerals barePRO Performance Wear Powder foundation

3.4

Ingredients:Talc, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Stearate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Pyridoxine Cyclic Phosphate, Chlorphenesin. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

on 9/24/2018 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very disappointed. Doesn’t last long and barely covers anything. Not worth the price.

on 9/23/2018 9:05:00 AM

My HG foundation was the Ready r330. I used it for YEARS. I was so disappointed when it got discontinued. It always seems to happen with my favorite beauty products. My friend (who was also using Ready religiously) tried this one. She said it's nowhere as good as the Ready, so for a long time I didn't even bother trying.
Fast forward to us evacuating Key West to give way for Hurricane Irma. I found myself in a strange town, with a limited budget and not a lot of makeup. I found this in a local TJ Maxx. It was 10 bucks, I have no idea why, because it's not actually discontinued. Either way, I bought 2. One for me, and one for one of the girls I had evacuated with. I have to say, I quite liked it. It can't even be compared to the Ready though. It's way too drying, and not enough coverage. This is why I gave it 3 lipsticks. Also, the price. I still use a CC cream or foundation underneath for max coverage. Bad decision on bMs part to discontinue such iconic foundation (the Ready one). I'm still on the lookout for a new, long-lasting replacement.
In the meantime, this will do. (again, doubled up with a foundation underneath)

on 8/27/2018 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am disappointed about the powder, cause the price is quite high, of course, not like MAC or any other brands. Also, I more like natural cosmetics, cause they have the necessary ingredients to keep your face hydrated. I am using Virginic right now, if you want to check it out -> https://virginic.com/collections/powders/products/translucent-botanical-face-powder
If not, I would suggest to search for something more appropriate. Maybe, it is only my skin like that, cause I read some reviews and lots of them are positive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

UPDATE #2: OKAY so I think if you are only moderately oily this is totally fine. I brought it back to 4/5 lippies because I recently got a new sunscreen that is more suited for my oily skin and ever since I switched to that this powder definitely stays on a lot longer than before. Also using a light hand is best, and building up only in the areas you need. I really like this powder a lot I just think it takes some practice using it

UPDATE: I took off one lippie because I found that the lasting power isn’t quite as good as I initially thought- also it is difficult to blend blushes and bronzers over the top of it. Still a good product just not perfect

I have always loved the finish of bare minerals on others but I was never able to use it due to the ingredient bismuth oxychloride. If many of you are wondering why mineral makeup irritates your skin, check to see if it contains this ingredient. It has a crystalline type structure that can be sharp and poke at your pores causing very angry pustules.
Anyway, when I learned that this pressed powder did NOT contain that ingredient I was excited! Plus a girl at my work told me she uses this powder and her skin always looks absolutely flawless so I needed to get my hands on it. I am the shade “warm light 07” which is a bit light for me in the summer but will work great in the winter. The powder is interested- it is a bit hard to pick up product and lay it on your face and it does take a few layers to get to the medium coverage that I prefer to wear. I do reccomend purchasing the Bareminerals precision angled brush because of the way it lays on the powder. I find that buffing it in makes it look a bit cakey but if you sort of “stamp” the powder with this brush and swipe in one direction you don’t have to use as much powder to build it up. Once I do achieve my desired coverage the finish is airbrushed but also very natural looking! I totally am in love! Plus I haven’t experienced any breakouts to this makeup yet. My only gripe is it is quite expensive for the amount of product you receive but over all I like this powder a lot

I have been using this product for about 1 month already and I LOVE IT!!! It leaves my skins soooo smooth and flawless looking. I have tried, MAC Studio Fix which i still love but looks a little cakey throughout the day. I am 53 now and I have been looking for a much lighter and not heavier look. Also have tried IT Celebration Foundation and i also love this one too. Now, with all this being said, the PRICE and PRODUCT on Bareminerals Pro Powder Foundation, is a negative review on me. Their price is too expensive for the amount of product it has. I have not had this for even 1 month and I have hit pan already. Bareminerals, please consider in adding more product to this powder for the price since I believe consumers like me will have to search for an alternative great powder foundation as this one. I use it on a daily basis and love it!! I dont want to use another one besides this one. Please listen to the consumers out here and keep us happy and I will continue to purchase this powder even for the price! Thank you!

on 4/22/2018 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love and hate relationship with BE. When the matte version came out, I absolutely hated it. When the previous version of the compact powder came out, again, I hated it. I tried this although the reviews here are not that great and it looked okay for a couple of hours. One thing about this product is that you shouldn’t judge it when it is first applied. It doesn’t oxidize but it separates. One of the biggest problems with the powder foundations is that they oxidize. The coverage is medium. It is not matte. It is not shiny either. I like the original formula the best. This is not as good.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my most reliable foundations in my collection, which is weird because I’m obsessed with trying liquid foundations but my favorite foundation is this powder foundation haha. I use the shade 07 Warm Light, which is kinda a perfect match for me. It doesn’t really matter where my skin condition is at any given day, this foundation will look good on me most of the times. I use it with the core coverage brush and I love the finish it gives me. I love that the brush is retractable because I like taking the compact and the brush with me in my bag. I use this powder to touch up my makeup when I’m using liquid foundations as well, and it usually matches up pretty well with them. This is my go to foundation when I need to get my makeup done in a hurry or during commute. I would try to avoid it during the sweltering heat of summer tho (but then I’d avoid most makeup anyway).

on 2/6/2018 4:44:00 PM

This powder felt very heavy...after having it on for maybe an hour or two my skin becomes very oily but dry at the same time...when i touch my face it feels so rough liked my skin just doesn't like it.......i bought it because two of my favorite youtubers were raving about it.....but i forgot to keep it mind that they both have oily skin and they live in much warmer places...

I have been on a search for a HG foundation that will work on my ever changing skin. I like powder foundations simply because of the ease of use. I've tried It Cosmetics, PUR Cosmetics and Mineral Silk. While I like It Cosmetics, it oxidizes in the Winter on me. I went to Ulta and was given this to try and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I've used the original before and adored it but it can get so messy. This formula just blends onto my face so nice and as my husband says looks like I don't have anything on.

I don't feel it on my skin during the day and I don't have an issue with it oxidizing. I currently wear the color Warm Light (07).
In the Summer I switch to Golden Nude (13).

on 11/23/2017 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this stuff. They have expanded the shade range in their powders to accommodate more cooler-toned girls. I love 05- Sateen. I make sure to moisturize well and use a primer (love the Rimmel primers). So much cleaner and easier to use than loose powder and can pop in your handbag for touch ups during the day/evening. A little goes a long way on a foundation brush (I use the real techniques foundation brush).