3.4

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 months ago

Out of the many new powder foundations I've been trying lately (one I used for years was discontinued) this was *almost* the winner. It didn't irritate my very reactive skin, I liked the compact, the finish was okay but not quite as matte as I prefer for my combo skin but I couldn't find a shade match. Aspen was a smidge too light and Sateen was a little too dark. It applied fairly smoothly with brush or included sponge, has light to medium (barely) coverage and the finish is satin-ish but not matte. Not a bad choice but I finally found a winner in another brand with fuller more natural coverage and better shade match.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

4 months ago

I walked into bare minerals store fully intent on trying again the original foundation, which I forget why I dropped a decade ago when it was all the rage. A highly disappointing experience with L’Oreal mineral foundation (wore off patchy after 3 hours of just sitting around doing nothing) made me want to give the OG another shot. However this amazing man who ran that shop asked me my skin concerns (oily parts break up my makeup, dry flakes abound from my aggressive skincare approach, fine line settling, and coverage of redness and circles). He steered me to this. Also pointed out my current foundation (I forget even what it was) was too light for my red chest. He perfectly matched me to a light and pink shade (5 maybe? It is called sateen- I’m nw20 ish) that is the EXACT color of my chest so looked more appropriate. However first he used the long wear concealer stick. Then proceeded to buff this foundation in with a flat top brush. Then added this under eye loose mineral product - “well rested”. I pack all these things all over even lid and nothing creases my oily lid area!!! I’ve never had such solid long lasting and non line settling coverage of my under eye are IN MY LIFE. He then led me to the pressed finishing veil. My skin was FLAWLESS and it STAYS. I just add some contour blush highlight. Wowza. I’m shocked by the bad reviews. I’d never have gone to these products on my own. I got a full makeover and bought all 4 products. I’m no makeup novice by any stretch of the imagination.... but unfamiliar with these products made a demo and education of application necessary. I’d like to add that the finishing veil was applied heavily under the eye and most powder there makes me look 100. I guess cuz it’s minerals? Sooooo happy with my haul. None of the powder products dry my skin, work over my oily areas, don’t accentuate flakes, nor settle in fine lines/age me. I suggest a rep color match you IN THE BARW MINERAL STORE ONLY and show u how these unfamiliar products are applied for optimal performance. Made all the difference!!!!! My mug looks better than it has in years despite trying and owning every high end foundation on the market. No rub off either. Makeup breakup irritates me. I finish w a light dusting of illuminating mineral veil (I had it at home sitting unused) with a giant fluffy brush to blend and finish it up. Oh a large sample tub I got of “warmth” makes a PERFECT contour!!!!! Edit: I’m attaching a pic of my face. It is unbelievable

About reviewer (388 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

1.0

5 months ago

I like powder foundations for day to day wear because I don’t like a completely done up look everyday. However, I hated this. It literally just sits on top of my skin and looks horrible. You can literally see the product on my skin which defeats the purpose. It stays on all of 30 minutes even with primer. Absolutely would not buy again.

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrunette

9 months ago

I really like BareMinerals and have to say the BarePro foundation did not disappoint. I was using the Matte powder previously but wanted to try something new so the SA recommended this foundation, which was a very good recommendation. Unlike the matte powder, I find it doesnt cling to dry spots and leaves a better, silkier finish. it is light coverage but buildable and I would say as long-wearing as the Matte powder. I sometimes dont use a finishing powder, which I guess makes it a bit better than the Matte powder. I use this product with a flat head brush rather than the puff it comes with as I feel it gives off a nicer finish, however I am nearing the end and the product that is near the edge is hard to get to which is my only gripe. But I mean i dont know how else they would package this... I think this is more expensive than the matte powder but it lasts a lot longer. I have had mine for over a year and still use it - I sometimes also use this as a setting powder on nights out to give myself extra coverage and it works fine as that as well. Overall, great product and would buy again.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

a year ago

Very disappointed. Doesn’t last long and barely covers anything. Not worth the price.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3.0

a year ago

My HG foundation was the Ready r330. I used it for YEARS. I was so disappointed when it got discontinued. It always seems to happen with my favorite beauty products. My friend (who was also using Ready religiously) tried this one. She said it's nowhere as good as the Ready, so for a long time I didn't even bother trying. Fast forward to us evacuating Key West to give way for Hurricane Irma. I found myself in a strange town, with a limited budget and not a lot of makeup. I found this in a local TJ Maxx. It was 10 bucks, I have no idea why, because it's not actually discontinued. Either way, I bought 2. One for me, and one for one of the girls I had evacuated with. I have to say, I quite liked it. It can't even be compared to the Ready though. It's way too drying, and not enough coverage. This is why I gave it 3 lipsticks. Also, the price. I still use a CC cream or foundation underneath for max coverage. Bad decision on bMs part to discontinue such iconic foundation (the Ready one). I'm still on the lookout for a new, long-lasting replacement. In the meantime, this will do. (again, doubled up with a foundation underneath)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

a year ago

I am disappointed about the powder, cause the price is quite high, of course, not like MAC or any other brands. Also, I more like natural cosmetics, cause they have the necessary ingredients to keep your face hydrated. I am using Virginic right now, if you want to check it out -> https://virginic.com/collections/powders/products/translucent-botanical-face-powder If not, I would suggest to search for something more appropriate. Maybe, it is only my skin like that, cause I read some reviews and lots of them are positive.

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

UPDATE #2: OKAY so I think if you are only moderately oily this is totally fine. I brought it back to 4/5 lippies because I recently got a new sunscreen that is more suited for my oily skin and ever since I switched to that this powder definitely stays on a lot longer than before. Also using a light hand is best, and building up only in the areas you need. I really like this powder a lot I just think it takes some practice using it UPDATE: I took off one lippie because I found that the lasting power isn’t quite as good as I initially thought- also it is difficult to blend blushes and bronzers over the top of it. Still a good product just not perfect I have always loved the finish of bare minerals on others but I was never able to use it due to the ingredient bismuth oxychloride. If many of you are wondering why mineral makeup irritates your skin, check to see if it contains this ingredient. It has a crystalline type structure that can be sharp and poke at your pores causing very angry pustules. Anyway, when I learned that this pressed powder did NOT contain that ingredient I was excited! Plus a girl at my work told me she uses this powder and her skin always looks absolutely flawless so I needed to get my hands on it. I am the shade “warm light 07” which is a bit light for me in the summer but will work great in the winter. The powder is interested- it is a bit hard to pick up product and lay it on your face and it does take a few layers to get to the medium coverage that I prefer to wear. I do reccomend purchasing the Bareminerals precision angled brush because of the way it lays on the powder. I find that buffing it in makes it look a bit cakey but if you sort of “stamp” the powder with this brush and swipe in one direction you don’t have to use as much powder to build it up. Once I do achieve my desired coverage the finish is airbrushed but also very natural looking! I totally am in love! Plus I haven’t experienced any breakouts to this makeup yet. My only gripe is it is quite expensive for the amount of product you receive but over all I like this powder a lot

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Other

a year ago

I have been using this product for about 1 month already and I LOVE IT!!! It leaves my skins soooo smooth and flawless looking. I have tried, MAC Studio Fix which i still love but looks a little cakey throughout the day. I am 53 now and I have been looking for a much lighter and not heavier look. Also have tried IT Celebration Foundation and i also love this one too. Now, with all this being said, the PRICE and PRODUCT on Bareminerals Pro Powder Foundation, is a negative review on me. Their price is too expensive for the amount of product it has. I have not had this for even 1 month and I have hit pan already. Bareminerals, please consider in adding more product to this powder for the price since I believe consumers like me will have to search for an alternative great powder foundation as this one. I use it on a daily basis and love it!! I dont want to use another one besides this one. Please listen to the consumers out here and keep us happy and I will continue to purchase this powder even for the price! Thank you!

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

2 years ago

I have a love and hate relationship with BE. When the matte version came out, I absolutely hated it. When the previous version of the compact powder came out, again, I hated it. I tried this although the reviews here are not that great and it looked okay for a couple of hours. One thing about this product is that you shouldn’t judge it when it is first applied. It doesn’t oxidize but it separates. One of the biggest problems with the powder foundations is that they oxidize. The coverage is medium. It is not matte. It is not shiny either. I like the original formula the best. This is not as good.

About reviewer (917 reviews)

Age44-55