4.4

price range

Reviews

from

2 years ago

This is a great mask! I couldn't believe how smooth and soft my skin felt after using this. I use it a couple times a week, my skin is generally oily, but this feels like a nice bandage. When I awoke the next morning, my skin felt great, and it looked radiant! I wasn't expecting huge changes, but it really felt nourished and protected. This is for any skin type, and it's a great mask to use a couple times a week.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

from

3 years ago

According to the Biotherm Asian website* it contains 5% of L'Oreal's patented plankton exact: Vitreoscilla Ferment (in water). This plankton rich water is produced by a patented process by L'Oreal in laboratories since 1994. (Before it was harvested from a lake in the French Pyrenees.) According to the website, this product contains the highest concentration of the fermented plankton of all products (along with the Life Plankton Essence and Life Plankton Emulsion). (Other lines that you can find Vitreoscilla Ferment is the entire Biotherm line and other L'Oreal owned brands such as Lancôme and Vichy.) The product basically is a thickened water-alcohol mixture - also called Gel Cream. This is basically a gel cream and nothing special about it that would limit its use to "a few nights a week". (A product like this might be welcome in a humid climate and/or by skin that tends to be oily and acne-prone due to its very light feel and clean feel on the skin after application.) One should also keep in mind that the product was originally developed for the Asian market and for Asian skin types that tend to be oilier and more resilient and the climate is hotter and more humid than a regular European continental or the North American climate. It has a very light and somewhat cooling feel on application that will quickly settle into a semi-matte finish that looks like skin just with an even more even and perfect finish. I feel it is adequately hydrating now in the warmer summer months. I also do like the Life Plankton Essence and now using the fifth bottle. Ingredients : Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Sodium Hydroxide, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Vitreocilla Ferment, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Linalool Geraniol Limonene, Citronella, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Parfum/fragrance (F.I.L. B178835/1) 5% Life Plankton Source: http://www.biotherm.com.my/whats-new/new-life-plankton-mask/#ingredients

About reviewer (279 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I'm surprised this has a 3 rating so far. Given only a few reviews and one person who never even tried it rated it a one star? I have to give it a 5. I was skeptical about this product at first. It's highly priced and not many people are talking about it. I decided to try it anyway. I love this mask! It's not your average mask, neither is the application. What I'm left with is dewy, glowing, moisturized skin. I've gotten compliments on how great and glowy my skin is looking. You see results quite quickly. You use it twice weekly after skin routine. I wash my face, apply the life plankton essence (as recommended) and apply the mask overnight. In the morning you wash off and start your normal skin routine (where again I apply the life plankton essence). I'd recommend also purchasing the essence. Supposed to apply twice per week (I'm sad I can't use it more often). I also hate that this is a limited edition item, as I feel my favourite products always disappear. The fragrance is a clean scent, strong, but evaporates. I use on my hands as well for a little TLC. If you think it's expensive, a little goes such a long way. You use a very thin layer of the mask each use so this product will last a very long time.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

3 years ago

This mask did not work for me at all. It is extremely heavily fragranced. So heavily fragranced in fact, that I was considering not applying it to my face at all. I did apply it and after a few minutes, I had to wash it off. It stung my skin in a way that a mask is not supposed to. My skin was quite red afterwards so it didn't seem to react well to something in the mask. The consistency of the mask is really nice though and I am sure that it's a great mask if your skin doesn't react to it.

About reviewer (280 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I've been using this life plankton mask now twice a week for 3 months during the cold and dry autumn moving towards winter here in Canada and this mask has kept my face well moisturized between uses. This is a mask to use while sleeping, according to their instructions, and that is how I use it. They say to put on the essence, then apply the mask and then wash it off the next morning. This process has worked for me; my facial skin has not had the usual dry patches that I get at this time of year when my skin is bare between uses of moisturizer. This is a good product and it works well for me.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age44-55