Urban Decay Vice Lipstick - Backtalk (Comfort Matte)

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick - Backtalk (Comfort Matte)

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Octyldodecanol, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Kaolin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Butyrospermum Parkii Oil / Shea Oil, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Cetyl Lactate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax / Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Aqua / Water / Eau, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil, Squalane, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter / Cocoa Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Citric Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polylactic Acid, Tin Oxide. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, Mica, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate.

My default, go-to, it-never-fails lipstick. Looks great against my pale skin, keeps my lips moisturised, no flakiness. I have really dry skin and by some miracle it doesn't dry my lips out. Top-notch stuff, highly recommend.

on 1/6/2019 2:36:00 PM

Backtalk was actually an accidental purchase for me. It was recommended to me by a sales associate and boy was it one of the best lipstick buys for a long time!

Backtalk is a beautiful MLBB mauvey shade and gosh it is so beautiful! It is a fantastic everyday shade and after purchase I was wearing it pretty much all the time. I can totally understand why this is a best seller, as it will work on so many different people! UD Vice Comfort Mattes are some of the best matte formulas ever, just as the name implies, so comfortable and do not dry out your lips! Also fade out nicely and evenly.

I will 100% be repurchasing this when I finish it, it is so good!

on 12/21/2018 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This could very easily be my HG mauve pink if I was made to choose. It’s really a wear with any look color. It is perfect for a cool/neutral skin tone. The comfort matte makes my lips that are starting to age look plump and smooth..YAY! What I did was buy the matching gloss so I can touch up my lips on the go lightly without pulling out my lipstick..I highly recommend the color and I am loving the Vice Comfort Matte formula. 👍🏻

on 5/29/2018 4:39:00 PM

I have older, not smooth lips with small lip lines and UD Lipsticks are great and one of the few brands I can wear without worrying about my lips getting dry or creeping into my lines. I cannot wear any mattes at all except in this line. Backtalk is a lovely not too bright mauve on me that stays true to the color in the tube. I can't recommend this line's lipstick enough for people who deal with aging lips. I can just swipe this on and go with no liner - amazing!

I loved the heck out of Stark Naked & 1993, but this is awesome. I bought Rush lipliner to go w this from Macys.com & the lipgloss version of backtalk. I love this color. It’s a cool mauve it pulls coolish & I am def warm so I actually had nothing exactly like this in my stash evthing was browner or more nude on the peach side so I really like this pinky nude MLBB but cooler. I can’t even think of a MAC dupe even UD makes awesome lipsticks. This is a cool Mauve pink nude it’s 1 of my new faves. I admit I am a lip product addict. And a good thing is that Urban Decay is cruelty free #winning

on 12/1/2017 12:01:00 PM

It is matte and it is comfortable to wear. But for no longer than 2-3 hours. After that, the colour (mauve-nude pink) gradually gets darker, turning my lips into a dark purplish brown disaster. The oxidized colour survives another 5 hours (with eating and drinking) and only slightly wears off from the inner half of the lips. This somewhat dried-out coat of colour (with some flakes, to make things worse) remains on my lips until physically removed. Not impressive.

on 11/3/2017 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Aptly named Comfort Matte, it never cakes, clumps, or migrates, and leaves my lips feeling moist. Never before had these old lips been able to withstand a matte formulation. "Staying power" means little when the finish looks more like paint then lipstick! This muted-mauve shade provides the perfect nude lip, not too pale and not too pink. A single application lasts and looks great for hours. Unlike other mattes, I don't need to wash off before reapplication. I had never tried a matte that I liked until now. Love it!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love Backtalk. It is the perfect every day shade for me and I feel like it goes with just about any kind of makeup look. The Comfort Matte is my favorite of all of the UD Vice lipstick formulas, and I can get several hours of wear out of them before I have to reapply. This is definitely a winner, and I highly recommend it to all of the pale people out there.

on 6/13/2017 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a mauve or nude pink matte color. The formula is creamy and pigmented. I was disappointed to read in the ingredient list that this contains terephthalates.

I hated the Revolution lipsticks, the one I had I threw away after first use. The good reviews on this new line made me try one, and I am really impressed. I actually bought a second shade in this range, which is rare for me.

Backtalk was the first one I got, as I wanted to hop on the dark-ish lips wagon trendy this fall, and to me, being fair/blonde, finding darker shades to wear is not that easy. This fit the bill, it is a mauve medium pink on me that does look darker than on others, but not too much so. Finally a shade I can wear everywhere!

The formula is great, it is truly "comfort". Most lipsticks dry out my lips, this one absolutely doesn't. Also, while a lot of darker shades make my lips look thin and meh, this one actually makes them look plump and smooth.

I usually get about 4-5 hours wear out of an application, and when it does fade it fades evenly, no weird patches or rings or whatever.

To those who hate scented products - this has no scent. Personally I like scented lip products so I wish it had one, but no biggie.

A definite yay for this product!