MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

# 239 Eye Shader Brush# 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

👎 MAC #239 (made of unspecified natural bristles, presumably goat hair) feels rather too firm when putting on eyeshadow or highlight under the eyebrow end. Honestly, I hardly reach for this one, i usually go for fluffy brushes because I prefer that plushy-soft feeling for sheer barely-makeup look.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really great brush, great for packing on eyeshadow. I suppose this could also be used for other makeup applications like applying concealer or eyebrow products. Soft, not shedding, washes up nicely.

This is currently on sale at Nordstrom (perhaps other places, not sure!), so a nice time to pick this up. It is a bit pricey, so picking this up at the sale price is nice. But I do believe in investing in good brushes, ones that work well and are not just hyped up, and imho this deserves it's rave reviews. My only very small trivial 'complaint' is that this comes with no packaging. It would be nice to have some sort of secure protective wrapping on this. This was shipped in a loose cello-type of sleeve and it slipped right out of the sleeve. No worries, as I wash all brushes before using them for the first time. But still, some sort of protective packaging would be nice, even when purchasing in-store. But is a pleasure to use and makes makeup application easier. Would repurchase and would recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the worst brushes I've ever bought (my others are Bobbi Brown, Dior, Sisley). It's poorly made, it gets fluffy and can't hold it's shape. Disaster! Add a bit of money and by better brush, good brushes lasts for years, this one won't hold for more than several months.

on 1/21/2017 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG the best brush ever. picks up good..goes on smooth..FORGET all your cheap brushes
like ELF and W&W...you pay for what you get

on 12/20/2016 7:21:00 AM

This one is amazing, it is so easy to pick products up, and the size of this is just good. it is soft. No more words, just buy it.

I need more I'm addicted to this I could honestly buy two. packs and even blends like a dream. It's made if white goat hair and easily cleans.
The only cons is it is 25 and comes in a plastic sleeve.wtf

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush is better than average but not the best. Packs on the color so you don't have to keep apply shadow to build up. Apply color to the crease and this works as a decent applicator.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Extremely expensive but I do like this brush. At 25 dollars, I don't know why it is priced so high but whatever, I'll still buy it. Lasts me months and months and shows no sign of falling apart which I love. I will keep rebuying this product unless I happent o come accross something that actually works better.

on 4/2/2016 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My second favourite brush after the 217. This is great for applying shadow all over the lid. Have had mine nearly 5 years and it's still perfect. No complaints!

on 2/20/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this brush. I use it for applying my eyelid colour, and I can turn it sideways and blend a little bit if I want to. I find it has the perfect balance of softness and stiffness. It is very good quality, washes well. No shedding at all.
It's a staple item for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials