MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush
# 239 Eye Shader Brush# 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush is better than average but not the best. Packs on the color so you don't have to keep apply shadow to build up. Apply color to the crease and this works as a decent applicator.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Extremely expensive but I do like this brush. At 25 dollars, I don't know why it is priced so high but whatever, I'll still buy it. Lasts me months and months and shows no sign of falling apart which I love. I will keep rebuying this product unless I happent o come accross something that actually works better.

To Read all 474 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/2/2016 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My second favourite brush after the 217. This is great for applying shadow all over the lid. Have had mine nearly 5 years and it's still perfect. No complaints!

on 2/20/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this brush. I use it for applying my eyelid colour, and I can turn it sideways and blend a little bit if I want to. I find it has the perfect balance of softness and stiffness. It is very good quality, washes well. No shedding at all.
It's a staple item for me.

on 1/2/2016 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this little guy and the longer goat hair MAC eye brush, 217. I use 217 as a fluff blender with mostly light shadows. This brush, the 239, has a shorter head and it is easier to control placement with it. Therefore I find this brush to be much more versatile. When I apply a smoke shade I can still be tidy with this brush. But if I'm just doing a quick wash of light color, or adding highlight under the brow bone, this works for that as well. I own many eye brushes from different brands, but most days I could get by with these two for simple eye designs. 239 can be used for crease and contour. The goat hair bristles are densely packed and hold powder well without much fallout, yet the brush is still very soft. The longer brush is also good; I reach for 217 a lot, but it is not as good for applying dark shadow as it tends to make a mess, letting the color spill everywhere, so forget creating a defined shape with that one. I do have small eyelids. I think people who love 217 more tend to have larger eyes than mine. For me, 217 is only a blender - a good blender. So I use it with bone, cream, pale pink, and champagne shades, and switch to 239 for anything darker. I go back to 217 for softening edges when I'm almost done. Between the two, I personally prefer the 239 eye shader brush, because I can use it several different ways. The bristles of my 239 are silky. I clean my brushes regularly with Cinema Secrets.

on 12/2/2015 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A good brush for lid application of eyeshadow. I've been using mines everyday for probably 10 years now and I even have a backup.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another MAC brush that is worth the excellent reputation. It is superb for placing eyeshadow on to lid as it grabs the right amount of product and the size and shape makes it easy to apply eyeshadow to my small lids. I don't have a lot of lid space so brushes are usually too big but this is perfect :)

on 6/19/2015 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This brush is about as good as it gets for everyday eyeshadow placement on the lids. If you are in need of a good brush of the sort, you will not be disappointed. Personally, I never felt like I needed this brush and only bought it because it receives hype just like the 217 - which I adore. However, I don't feel like this is essential for me. Sure, it's useful and it is of good quality as it is soft, sturdy and functional, it also dries extremely fast. But I can't help but feel like I'd have been better off buying another 217, a pencil brush or even the 242. I use this daily, but I can just as easily reach for an ecotools shader brush or an urban decay one (the ones that come in the naked palette) without feeling like I'm missing out. Otherwise, if I want intense pigment and payoff, then I use my finger. However I won't lower the rating of this brush just because it isn't suited to my personal preferences since it is a wonderful brush - if it's what you're looking for.

on 2/15/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I'm trying so hard to fault it but can't, and my only regret is not jumping on it sooner. The price put me off but now I understand the hype I'd buy more in a heartbeat. If you only ever purchase one brush in your life, make it this one. It's a great all-rounder. It's purpose is mainly to pat shadow on the lids which is does with excellence, but you can also blend with it. You could even contour with it in a pinch. The tapered end and flat surface area make it so versatile, then just swing it to the narrow side for crease and detail work. Honestly I use a minimum of 4 brushes on eye makeup alone but you could really just get away with this one for most looks. It cleans well, doesn't shed, isn't scratchy, is very durable and the light bristles mean you can easily spot when it's dirty, saving the muddy, smudgy mishaps you can experience by accidentally mixing colours on the same brush. The best part is my eyeshadow application is much quicker now due to the efficiency of this brush picking up and evenly distributing pigment exactly where you want it. I'm going to purchase another one and the 217 asap.

on 12/26/2014 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

An oldie, but a goodie. I have 2.

Popular Makeup Brushes