Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.7

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This concealer got a great coverage you can't deny that!!it also smooth and erase all the problem you can have under your eye and for a long period of time!
The creases are minimal with it
So you're gonna ask why the low rating
1)the undertones are completely off
2)this concealer is extremely drying !!if I'm using it more than 2 days on the row my under eyes turn wrinkley!!Even with a well crafted skincare routine. Because its full of perfume!!!Why tarte thinks it's a good idea too put perfume in something going in the fragile under eye area?!!!Aren't they supposed to be a "clean skincare "!!???
3)When tarte saw the popularity of this product they jacked up the price!!!ITS A NO
I discovered a better concealer with all the quality of shape tape without the con
It's the too faced born this way super coverage concealer(dont mistake it with the original born this way concealer who is way smaller)
The born this way super coverage concealer got the high coverage,the ligth undertone a hydrating formula and an insane amount of product!!
Bye shape tape I will never repurchase. I hate when company think they are irremplacable and are abusing customers

on 12/15/2018 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

My feelings for this concealer are complicated so I’ve broken it down.
Pros: long-lasting, not too drying, a little goes a long way, multi-purpose (I also use this as eyeshadow primer), easy to blend

Cons: Limited range of undertones - I got this in Medium for my NC40 skin and it looked ashy as hell. A deeper shade would have been too deep for an undereye concealer IMO. However, when I used this on top of a peachy corrector, my undereyes were flawless and remained so until the end of the day.
Other con: Price – At 35 CAD$, I expect not to have to pair it with anything else.

All in all, I’m not thrilled about the cons but the end result when I use this right is so beautiful that it has me torn about whether I’ll repurchase this or not.

on 5/8/2018 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

It's a matte concealer that easily emphasizes fine lines, texture, or dry patches, so prepping the skin sufficiently is essential. To make it work for me, I place Kiehl's Midnight Recovery oil on my under eyes before dabbing Tarte Shape Tape sparingly and blending it out with a beauty sponge. I like to use this concealer when I want to cover my dark circles on the go without fussing with setting powder, and I don't experience creasing problems. Being matte and high coverage, I find Tarte Shape Tape particularly good for cutting the crease or defining the brows. It has a strong chemical scent, and the packaging box claims it has a shelf life of 6 months. Tarte's shade range leaves much to be desired on the darker end of the spectrum. I am indifferent to the large doe foot applicator, but do see its usefulness for some. Is bigger better? You decide.

on 5/3/2018 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It’s very full coverage. But damn it creases like crazy under my eyes. Makes me look older. I wish it would work for me it has an amazing finish and great coverage. I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I looooove this concealer! Bought it after I heard all the hype about it and it did not disappoint! It's very highly pigmented with a gel-like consistency and texture, it feels cool and hydrating on the skin. I dot it under my eyes and blend it out with my favorite undereye concealer brush- the Real Techniques Setting Brush. My skin is kind of a light tan color right now (I wear Milk Makeup Matte Blur Foundation in Medium Tan) and I wear this in Tan Sand. I blend it quickly before it dries because once it's set it's SET and it's PERFECT. Then, I just use a damp Beauty Blender to dab some banana powder on top of this and I'm good to go.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm MAC NC37 and use pro longwear concealer in NC 25. I tried 4 shades of this at Ulta but couldn't find the right color even with the help of a makeup artist there who admitted they dont have enough medium tones. The medium and medium honey were too dark, they matched my skin and I need it a little lighter to brighten. The light medium was too light. I really wanted to try this product after hearing how great the coverage was. Oh well.

on 5/2/2017 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Tarte makes the BEST concealers. This concealer is a little dry so I mix it with their maracuja concealer and it doesn't budge all day. This combo is VERY full coverage and I don't need to touch up at all. PERFECT.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

One of the best concealers on the market. The hype is real! Worth the $24. Will buy again. Love!

on 3/15/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've had this for a while now, and just now getting around to writing a review. It was definitely a learning curb... curve? however the saying goes lol. I was applying way too much at first so it looked really heavy and creasey. I still don't like the applicator size- way too big- but I'm now careful to apply very little and build as I go. I use this over coconut oil, and my Mally eye brightener (a yellow-toned corrector) and it doesn't crease. I don't set this with powder either, which I like, it's one less thing to do. I will be repurchasing for now but I'm also always on the hunt for concealers. I do recommend this, but also realize that it takes practice (well for me it did) and a little goes a long way.

on 3/1/2017 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Okay first off, this concealer is crazy expensive if you live in New Zealand and get it shipped. Lucky for me, I snagged two of these during a free shipping and discount promo on the Tarte website.

I bought one shade for spot concealing and the other for highlighting under the eyes. The latter is in a shade way too light but I apply it under foundation, and I can also use it as an eyeshadow base. This concealer is thicker compared to the NARS Radiant Creamy Concelear which I truthfully prefer for under my eyes.

The bigger applicator is a funny surprise when you see it for the first time but you get used to it. However there is a small well on the applicator that allows product to sort of pool within it, dispersing more than you need. This concealer is thick and has full coverage therefore when I use it for my undereyes I just dot it and blend it out with my beautyblender. The perks of this is that I know this will last a long time. This concealer also has a floral-chemical scent which I personally like but might be too strong for others.

I would definitely repurchase if I'm out of my concealers and if there's a promo again because $70+ NZD for a concealer is just crazy.