Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 2/7/2019 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Oh my goodness! I am amazed with this wonderful product. The only concealer I've ever purchased and used was Amazing Concealer. I used to use concealer only occasionally, so it rarely caused cysts. But these days I find myself needing concealer more and more. Amazing Concealer, beautiful as it is, destroys my skin with regular use. Aging is bad enough without bringing on the cystic acne to join the wrinkles.

I didn't really think it was possible to find a "creaseless" concealer, or a concealer that did not need to be set with "dreaded" powder (not so good around the eyes anymore). Shape Tape makes so very very happy. It costs less than Amazing Concealer, it doesn't crease, it doesn't need powder, and it covers beautifully. 34S Medium Sand it the shade for me. It's lighter than my skin/foundation, but it "melts in" and brightens all day long. So far, so good in the breakout department. I can definitely use this a few days in a row without a problem. Hopefully this will continue. If so, I've found a staple for sure!

on 1/7/2019 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been wanting to try this for my dark circles so I was super excited when it came in my Ipsy bag. However, I was extremely disappointed especially after I had read so many great reviews. The only thing this product did was accentuate every wrinkle around my eyes. It was very drying & did nothing for my dark circles.

on 1/4/2019 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have dark circles and this makes them disappear like no other and lasts all day! The only thing Is that it’s a bit drying and can look cakey if u put too much...a little dab is sufficient! No need to draw triangles like they show you in videos lol. Just make sure you properly moisturize your under eye before application. The shade I got is “light medium honey” and it’s just perfection (nc20-25ish).

I live and die for this concealer. It is so creamy and covers every insecurity I have. It blends so easily and sets really well. I'm in love with how smooth it makes my under-eyes look. One of the best concealers I have ever used.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've spent my entire life saying there could always be a better undereye concealer out there, and at the age of 30, I'm calling off the search, because this is THE PERFECT CONCEALER.

I've had very dark circles since I could walk, so it's clearly a genetic gift that I'm stuck with, but have tried very hard to hide. I'd spent years and god knows how much money trying to find a good enough concealer; the best I'd found before this was Makeup Forever Full Cover.

I'd seen so much praise for Shape Tape in the past few months, but I didn't care about contouring with concealer, so the fact that it's marketed for contouring didn't fill me with hope. It was only when I got a sample in my Ipsy bag that my mind was blown; even with the sample being a shade too light, it covered completely, looked natural, and didn't budge all day!

I immediately went to buy it in my shade only to find it's not sold in Canada (?!?!), so I had to order it from Tarte directly. The packaging is kind of nuts - it's BIG! For concealer, I was expecting about 5ml size, but it comes with 10ml, and a massive applicator! Not that I mind, it just sort of makes me giggle every time I apply it. The value is quite good considering the quality and how much you get as well.

I apply it over Bobbi Brown Undereye Corrector and set it with PUR 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup and ELF Undereye Setting Powder and nothing moves! Even without setting spray. It's perfect!

on 11/2/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I thought this was going to be terrible.. The way youtubers always put this on, the big triangle under the eye. They must look so cakey irl. Cause this has great coverage, you don't need to use that much at all. It spreads nice, is long wearing, and doesn't crease. I do use Tarte timeless smoothing primer, that stuff is also amazing. Love this. Won't try any other concealer anymore. This is the one!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I wasn't sure that this would actually be as good as all the hype around it. I see several beauty vloggers using this so decided to give it a go. It really is that amazing. The coverage is SO good that honestly you don't even need to use a lot. It blends seamlessly into the skin without settling into fine lines or wrinkles. It gives a lovely glow to the skin.

I use this to highlight when I contour. I add it to the under eye area, around the mouth, the center of the forehead and tip of nose. It blends well and makes these areas look younger, smoother and beautiful.

This is hands down my favorite concealer Ive ever used and it is now a staple in my makeup arsenal.

on 8/27/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I agree with others - this is worth the hype. Never had I had a concealer that stays on all day, is full coverage and that doesn't feel drying. It creases a tinsy bit but I can live with that. Also, you know when you're trying to cover a pimple and you end up moving the concealer on your pimple and it doesn't cover anything? This doesn't do that, I love it.

on 6/30/2018 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm always looking for a good concealer that will cover under eye circles, the constant redness around my nose, and the occasional blemish that might pop up. I've been using this concealer since it first came out, and I have to say it does those things very well. I use Fair Neutral for my natural, non sunless-tanned skin tone, and Light-Medium when I've used self-tan. It does a great job at covering, has great lasting power, and doesn't settle into creases or make my skin look dry or cakey. My only complaint about this product is the packaging. It's a bigger tube, which is great because you get a ton of product! But the doe-foot applicator is also very large, which usually results in me applying too much product and somehow ends up creating a huge mess. I understand the reason for it being larger since it's meant for contouring, although it's still not completely necessary. No matter how careful I am when I put the applicator back in the tube, it somehow ends up getting everywhere and then squishing outside of the tube as I'm twisting the cap back on. It's to the point where I can't even carry it with me in my makeup bag because it's gotten on everything so many times. The only way I can avoid it is if I wipe around the tube each time I use it before putting it back in my bag, which isn't always convenient if I'm using it on-the-go. I've also repeatedly wiped away tons of excess product from where the wand screws into the tube (wasted product) in hopes that it would stop the problem, but it only lasts one or two more applications before product gets all over it again. I said I would repurchase, but I'm going to try the Too Faced Born This Way concealer next to see if that works as well without the mess. I do prefer Shape Tape over Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer as it covers better, is longer lasting, and it costs less yet you get way more product.

Good coverage, but drying and looks powdery after a while, so did not work for under eye. And the smell is quite strong (what's the point of having scent in a concealer of all things?) The applicator is too large to be useful. Overall - not worth buying again.