Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.6

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best Concealer Ever!

Totally worth paying a little higher price for excellent quality. Amazi ng coverage, lasts all day, easy to blend.

Love it! Gotta have it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Shape Tape is no joke! This stuff is legit. All you need is a tiny dot on the spot you want to cover; a dot will conceal the under-eye area. It doesn't feel thick or cakey. I've had no issues with it settling into creases and fine lines, unlike the other concealers I've tried. I set it on my under-eyes with just a touch of brightening powder from Elf, but I wouldn't say it's necessary. It has a good amount of product and since I only use a tiny bit at once, I see it going a long way. Will repurchase.

on 6/22/2018 12:18:00 PM

I haven't written a review in a while, but its certainly not because I stopped searching for the perfect products. Concealer is, and always has been, at the tippy top of my priority list because I have the worst dark circles. Add my natural aging along with it, and now they're dark AND a bit creasy. I have absolutely, no exaggeration, sampled at least 90% of the concealers that are available to consumers. For 20+ years, I've been trying different ones constantly. Nars, BM, MAC, Loreal, Cle de peau, Covergirl, and on and on and on. sometimes they'd work okay (most were total failures), but none had ever covered, stayed, and not creased, not looked dried and cakey, etc. I had to settle (no pun intended) for what I could get, and just deal. I finally tried Tarte Shape Tape, and the moment I'd been waiting for since I was a teenager, finally happened. This stuff covers, looks flawless, stays all day, and does not crease. I discovered that I have to use my finger, and lightly dab it, adding light layers until covered. it dries so quickly, so you have to work fast and use very small amounts at a time. I used a couple different brushes, and it went on WAAAAAY too heavy. haven't tried a blender yet, but my finger works so perfectly that I don't really plan on it. I just sweep a bit of powder on and it's good to go for the whole day. Wish it was in a squeeze tube, cause I don't use the big clunky doe foot applicator at all, except to dab it onto my fingertip. Also, of course I wish it was less expensive, but it's not so unreasonable that I can't keep it on hand all the time. Praise the concealer gods that I finally found this product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is A M A Z I N G! I have it in shade Light Neutral and it's the best! I wear it everyday, especially on days where I didn't get much sleep the night before and it makes me look like I had a good night's rest. It conceals my dark under eye circles and redness unlike any other concealer I've tried before it. It also smells pretty good and the doefoot applicator is H U G E, combined with a product that is thick, I only need a small dot under my eyes and that's enough to conceal (of course, I apply more product if I've had a particularly bad night, but the most I've ever needed was three dots). It also doesn't transfer and lasts all day!

on 1/18/2018 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Even though I had help from an Ulta sales associate I ended up buying AND returning 3 different shades of Shape Tape before finding the correct shade. It is an awesome product once you find the right shade. I found that it is long lasting, not greasy and doesn't settle into my under eye lines. I use a nice concealer brush that I bought at Sephora to apply. I am in my 60's and it is not always easy to find a product that looks this good on aging skin. Tarte just came out with Shape Tape Foundation and I can't wait to try it! .... not that I need anymore makeup mind you.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this concealer ! Works great and a little truly goes a long way, minimizes my fine eyes around my eyes, doesn’t crease once set. Flawless and beautiful

on 10/24/2017 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love shape tape because it’s so easy to use. With every other concealer I’ve experienced creasing but not with shape tape. I don’t even use setting powder with it. Definitely my HG.

I absolutely love this concealer on days I'm wearing a full face of makeup, there's just nothing like it for my under eye area! It's definitely not for spot concealing but as an under eye concealer it works beautifully for me, doesn't crease or get weird and sets down very comfortably for long wear. A product for someone who really loves a full coverage look

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I still can`t believe I spent this much money on a concealer, but i don`t regret it. I use it with a pencil-brush from Tarte to clean up my eyebrow area after I finish doing them and it gives the BEST job- brightens up nicely, blends into the skin perfectly and makes cleaning up the edges sooo easy (even though I use ABH pomade).When used on the eyelids tt gives the best uniform and matte canvas to apply the eyeshadow on. It does crease after 7/8 hours but I think it`s reasonable. In the under eye area, a little goes a long way. I have fair skin and when I first tried it I went full house with it, and ended up looking like a ghost. When I apply just a tiny bit, it adds so much light to the skin and it lasts on the skin for ages.
It really stands out from the other highend concealers.

on 6/18/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great concealer! I have really prominent dark circles and this covers them beautifully. Really expensive but worth every penny! It's also really great at covering the dark spots on my face too! Love it!