Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 3/3/2019 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have oily, acne-prone skin. This is my HG concealer. I don't know what else to say. The coverage is full, but the finish is not hideous or "old lady." What I might love best about mine is how well it matches my skin. I have fair skin with a yellow undertone. It blends like a dream and stays put. I use most often with my beauty blender, but also with my fingers if I'm in a hurry. I use it honestly as more of a foundation since I have a good amount of acne. I don't set it with powder (for a more youthful look) and it stays on.

on 1/27/2019 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’ve been wanting to try this concealer since it first came out. I finally had my niece ( who was visiting the US ) pick it up from Ulta- matching it close to the shade in Nars Radiant Creamy concealer- vanilla.
It was a good match! This is a thick creamy concealer but applies beautifully once you master how much is needed. There is a lot of product for your dollar. It has a large sponge applicator that you really need to assess how much product is needed for coverage. This stuff spreads lake ‘spackle’ for lack of better term- because the large sponge applicator picks up a lot of product, only a dab under each eye is what I need to cover dark circles. This stuff spreads for miles lol. So there is a learning curve. It covers very well, again a good eye cream that moisturizes well is definitely needed to avoid settling in fine lines. Lasts all day and into the evening. This also covers skin imperfections very well too. This is now part of my regular rotation-a staple product. Excellent concealer, planning to repurchase again. Full coverage and a good bang for the dollar.

on 1/17/2019 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Use NYC eyeshadow primer before the shape tape!! I used a concealer brush and my finger! I it lasted all day and I am very happy with the results!!!

on 1/11/2019 9:51:00 PM

The hype about Shape Tape didn’t disappoint me! and probably my new holy grail concealer.

The texture is creamy, not too thick but has very good coverage. I love the big applicator hence just one application of few dots is enough.

Eyebag is my biggest concern and Shape Tape is so good for my eyebags! When it dries, it sets in with a very smooth texture under my eye - which hides away my eyebag almost too well and I think I look more awake. Totally would repurchase this without any hesitant.

on 1/7/2019 10:07:00 AM

Wow. My new concealer!

I use this for my eyes/undereyes only, not as a highlighter.

I've seen the reviews and was skeptical....mmmffff....really? ANOTHER hyped up product? How many people are getting paid to write all this? They don't understand, these young'uns...they don't have the eyebags I've had to fight all my life, now progressively getting worse with poor sleep.

So.

I've always been a fan of Tarte - in fact, the concealer I have been using for years (looks like they don't even make this anymore) was the Maracuja concealer, rated 5 in my last review. When I went to look for it last, it looked like a whole new spectrum of "creaseless" concealers they sold at Sephora. Was I honey? Sand? Light-neutral? I tried and tried, and I just couldn't get the right colour (I was mixing light and medium in the past).

Tarte Shape Tape was only available in the US, and not in Canada, so when I saw it was available online on Tarte, I wanted to order it, but didn't have a clue which colour. So luckily I had a trip down to the US for work, and stopped by Ulta.

Here's my take, and hope it works for you:

PROSs:
- There's a lot of product in there for that tube
- Fair pricing for the amount of product
- It stays put! I got a pit of mascara, and so hygienically licked my pinky to rub it off, but the concealer stayed on! Nice!
- It applies in a nice thin layer - it doesn't give me the feeling I'm wearing a lot, but it covers!
- It dries (nicely) - thought I liked the Maracuja concealer, because it was so "moist", it would pull some of my eyeliner from my waterline - I don't have this with Shape Tape
- Nice powdery finish (not dry powedery) - I use a bit on my upper lid which evens out my skin discolouration, without leaving a cakey thick layer on my lid
- A little goes a long way
- Natural ingredients and is vegan!

CONs:
- Getting to and then using the right amount is tough - a little goes a long way but that day you put too much on, it will cake and sit in your lines.
- Not a fan of the doe-foot applicator as it goops at the top of the applicator like eyeliner and mascara tubes....but seems like the thing to do for all make up brands

Good luck! I'm personally loving it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

WORTH THE HYPE! I’ve been eyeing this for a while and hadn’t gotten it because they don’t have it in-store at Sephora and I couldn’t tell online what shade I would be. While placing an order from Ulta, I looked up a YouTube review of someone who looked like they had similar skin tone to mine. I’ve been using FitMe and Age Rewind but neither erases my inherited dark circles, even with color corrector and both require setting powder to reduce creasing.
I ended up getting 37G- medium tan as it appeared closest to my skin tone. As previous reviews have said, the applicator is huge...think lip gloss on steroids. I was cautious about the ridiculous size so I just put three small dots under my eye and blended it oh with a NYX blending sponge.
Holy sh*t! This went all under my eye and up to my cheekbone...as if I had done that whole triangle of concealer under the eye! Whatever color they mixed in seemed to counteract the sallow color of my dark circles without creating a gray cast like other concealers do (yes, even with a peach-tone corrector). Usually, there is coloring between my normal skin and my attempts at hiding my dark circle...not obvious but enough concealer/corrector/powder that no one is thinking I am wearing make-up.

on 8/11/2018 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have never tried a concealer better than this one! It's full coverage, lasts all day, and never creases (which is rare for me because my undereyes crease constantly with every other concealer I've used). You get a lot of product for your money as well. Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with this product, I genuinely believe I will use it for the rest of my life!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hands down absolutely the BEST concealer! Little goes a long way, will last you forever! Great for light coverage or full face makeup! Cannot live without! Makeup staple!

on 5/3/2018 7:04:00 PM

When I first bought this concealer I had issues with it. It never seemed to want to sit flawlessly on my skin the way everyone claimed it did! I also felt like it didn’t cover my dark, dark, dark circles as much as I thought a full concealer should unless I caked it on. When I caked it on, it creased and clumped and looked heavy. Honestly, I even started shopping around for new concealers.

I started watching YouTube videos to see if there were any “tricks” to making concealer look better and someone mention Jojoba oil. I ordered some and apply a tiny bit under my eyes and let it soak in for a couple minutes in the morning. Then I apply the concealer in triangles over my dark areas (think YouTuber triangles, but at 70% - you might have to trial and error what is a good amount for your skin) and pat it in with a DRY real techniques sponge. I look up with my eyes (to smooth out the lines under my eyes while I apply) and pat the concealer back and forth. It actually looks AWESOME now! I feel like it has to be the dry beauty blender trick because I’ve forgotten the oil a few times and it still looks good. Then days where I forget to switch sponges and accidentally apply with a damp sponge, I actually see a difference because I dislike how my make up looks! Just for reference I use the Rimmel powder (legit a tap into the product, tap off, then lightly tap over) - no baking for me.

Honestly, since discovering this “go to routine” my under eyes have looked great. If you had asked me a few months ago I probably would have given this product a 2 or 3, but now I love it!

on 4/30/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am definitely on the Shape Tape bandwagon! It comes in a massive easy to use tube with 10ml of product, which is fantastic value and has a huge colour selection for most skin tones. Shape tape has excellent coverage for those unwanted under eye bags and does an excellent job covering any blemishes/scars on the skin as well. Yes it can be a little drying but you must work fast with this product to ensure all creases are blended out and set in place. Absolutely obsessed, just wish they'd stocked them in Sephora here in Australia. Will continue to purchase, nevertheless!