Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

I included a little tutorial on how you can use it :) And I think that I covered all the main points. Hope you like it :) Melissa

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this concealer due to the numerous of good reviews on this concealer, however, I can't help but feel disappointed.

This concealer provides high coverage, it blends really easily, and a little goes a long way. Due to my dry skin, I did not feel the need to set it with any powder, and it still looked great at the end of the day. But what went wrong? After the first day of trying out this concealer, I noticed a few pimples in some areas of my face. Which is confusing because I never get these kind of pimples (very small white head pimples, and a few in the same area)... As I continued to use this product, I soon realised the pimples only showed up in the places where I applied the concealer. When I stopped using the concealer, my face cleared up.

I can't help but feel really sad about this product because I thought I finally found a product that was high enough in coverage to hide my under eyes, but it's definitely not worth using if it just continues to break out my skin.
For anyone who is considering this product, DEFINITELY try a sample first before purchasing!!!

on 1/27/2019 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’ve been wanting to try this concealer since it first came out. I finally had my niece ( who was visiting the US ) pick it up from Ulta- matching it close to the shade in Nars Radiant Creamy concealer- vanilla.
It was a good match! This is a thick creamy concealer but applies beautifully once you master how much is needed. There is a lot of product for your dollar. It has a large sponge applicator that you really need to assess how much product is needed for coverage. This stuff spreads lake ‘spackle’ for lack of better term- because the large sponge applicator picks up a lot of product, only a dab under each eye is what I need to cover dark circles. This stuff spreads for miles lol. So there is a learning curve. It covers very well, again a good eye cream that moisturizes well is definitely needed to avoid settling in fine lines. Lasts all day and into the evening. This also covers skin imperfections very well too. This is now part of my regular rotation-a staple product. Excellent concealer, planning to repurchase again. Full coverage and a good bang for the dollar.

on 1/17/2019 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Use NYC eyeshadow primer before the shape tape!! I used a concealer brush and my finger! I it lasted all day and I am very happy with the results!!!

on 1/11/2019 9:51:00 PM

The hype about Shape Tape didn’t disappoint me! and probably my new holy grail concealer.

The texture is creamy, not too thick but has very good coverage. I love the big applicator hence just one application of few dots is enough.

Eyebag is my biggest concern and Shape Tape is so good for my eyebags! When it dries, it sets in with a very smooth texture under my eye - which hides away my eyebag almost too well and I think I look more awake. Totally would repurchase this without any hesitant.

on 1/7/2019 10:07:00 AM

Wow. My new concealer!

I use this for my eyes/undereyes only, not as a highlighter.

I've seen the reviews and was skeptical....mmmffff....really? ANOTHER hyped up product? How many people are getting paid to write all this? They don't understand, these young'uns...they don't have the eyebags I've had to fight all my life, now progressively getting worse with poor sleep.

So.

I've always been a fan of Tarte - in fact, the concealer I have been using for years (looks like they don't even make this anymore) was the Maracuja concealer, rated 5 in my last review. When I went to look for it last, it looked like a whole new spectrum of "creaseless" concealers they sold at Sephora. Was I honey? Sand? Light-neutral? I tried and tried, and I just couldn't get the right colour (I was mixing light and medium in the past).

Tarte Shape Tape was only available in the US, and not in Canada, so when I saw it was available online on Tarte, I wanted to order it, but didn't have a clue which colour. So luckily I had a trip down to the US for work, and stopped by Ulta.

Here's my take, and hope it works for you:

PROSs:
- There's a lot of product in there for that tube
- Fair pricing for the amount of product
- It stays put! I got a pit of mascara, and so hygienically licked my pinky to rub it off, but the concealer stayed on! Nice!
- It applies in a nice thin layer - it doesn't give me the feeling I'm wearing a lot, but it covers!
- It dries (nicely) - thought I liked the Maracuja concealer, because it was so "moist", it would pull some of my eyeliner from my waterline - I don't have this with Shape Tape
- Nice powdery finish (not dry powedery) - I use a bit on my upper lid which evens out my skin discolouration, without leaving a cakey thick layer on my lid
- A little goes a long way
- Natural ingredients and is vegan!

CONs:
- Getting to and then using the right amount is tough - a little goes a long way but that day you put too much on, it will cake and sit in your lines.
- Not a fan of the doe-foot applicator as it goops at the top of the applicator like eyeliner and mascara tubes....but seems like the thing to do for all make up brands

Good luck! I'm personally loving it!

on 12/15/2018 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

My feelings for this concealer are complicated so I’ve broken it down.
Pros: long-lasting, not too drying, a little goes a long way, multi-purpose (I also use this as eyeshadow primer), easy to blend

Cons: Limited range of undertones - I got this in Medium for my NC40 skin and it looked ashy as hell. A deeper shade would have been too deep for an undereye concealer IMO. However, when I used this on top of a peachy corrector, my undereyes were flawless and remained so until the end of the day.
Other con: Price – At 35 CAD$, I expect not to have to pair it with anything else.

All in all, I’m not thrilled about the cons but the end result when I use this right is so beautiful that it has me torn about whether I’ll repurchase this or not.

on 12/11/2018 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love shape tape! It has great coverage and I love everything Tarte BUT I had to stop using it because it kept making my contacts dirty! If I got one little speck near my eye it was all over my contact! So beware contact wearers!!

on 9/30/2018 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product. I found it to cakey and had a yellow undertone. Pass! Over hyped

on 9/19/2018 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This concealer is definitely full coverage and a little goes a long way. For concealing dark circles, make sure to moisturize underneath your eyes or this will look really dry. I’ve also found applying it lower and blending upwards works far better than placing it directly where you want concealed. Make sure to use a finely milled powder to set. I’m using bare escentuals mineral veil to set this under my eyes. For the size and coverage, this was worth every penny.