Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.1

on 10/20/2018 6:34:00 PM

I have been playing in makeup for a very long time now, and I have never found a concealer that is as full coverage as this one!! This concealer is $27, and comes in many diffferent shades. It has an oversized doe-foot which makes for great and easy application. I did find that it this easier to blend this out with a sponge rather than a brush. This product is very compatible with all of my other brands, it does not crease, become patchy, or move while blending other products. I do reccomend you set this with a powder as it does not dry down a whole lot. I have reccomended this to almost everyone that i know and they have fallen in love with it as well! You definitely get what you pay for with this, and i promise that you will fall in love with it too!!!

on 9/30/2018 5:52:00 AM

I am a nurse, I put on my face at 5am in the morning and don’t touch it again until after 8pm (I have bigger problems to deal with at work). Hence longevity of products is a must. I have tried many concealers (I need a stand alone for some discolorations). This concealer has the best longevity. I stays put and fresh for a whole shift.

on 8/3/2018 4:12:00 PM

Once I finish up this tube I won’t be repurchasing. It’s so cakey and settles into my pores/fine lines. It didn’t even cover my under eye circles even after applying a colour corrector. I have oily skin and it accentuates dry patches I didn’t even know I had. It separates on areas that I used it to cover blemishes. I’ve tried it with primer, setting spray and powder but can’t get it to work. Plus the shades are so yellow so don’t work for my cool toned skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, and I have read that this product would be good for my skin type. The concealer itself is very thick, and drys very fast. I would recommend applying a moisturizer onto your face before applying this because if not it can look very cakey. It is has very full coverage though so if that is what your looking for I would try this out.

on 6/6/2018 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this concealer due to its hype but after reading the reviews here I was worried it would not work out for me. I have oily skin and I have noticed some concealers crease under my eyes and make me look older. This concealer does not crease and looks good after a whole day at work! I have not tried many concealers for my undereyes as I don’t have dark circles but in the past I’ve been using MAC pro longwear concealer for my undereyes and that one does not crease. I would say this one is similar to pro longwear but with this you can contol how much you use because it has a wand applicator. I have also used this to cover my hyperpigmentation from acne on my face and it works wonders. Highly recommend and would definitely buy more.

on 5/7/2018 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was really excited to try this concealer due to all the raving reviews. Unfortunately, I am quite disappointed. Tarte is not available in my country (Europe), so I really had to try to get one. The price is high, but you do get a ton of product. You really need a tiny bit, not the generous amounts you see Youtubers apply... The package is nice, the doe foot applicator is enormous! It has full coverage, but my god is it drying :-( I have oily skin, but my undereyes are more normal (sometimes even dry). I don't usually have problems with concealers being too drying, but this one accentuated all the fine lines I didn't even knew I had and it appeared very patchy. Even with a good moisturising eye cream underneath it was awful and don't even try to set it with a powder because that makes it worse.
It didn't help I choose the wrong shade, but that was my fault entirely. I am a NW15-20 in Mac, so I choose the shade fair, but imo it was way too light. I rather prefer a more natural tone under my eyes, closely to my skin tone/foundation, while some prefer the much lighter shades to brighten. If you're not a fan of this, be aware when choosing a shade.
Next I would like to try the Makeup Revolution one, which ought to be a dupe, but I am now continuing using the Catrice liquid coverage one, which is waaaaay cheaper, also full coverage and not so drying (and it smells nice!)

Best concealer I've ever used. Does a great job of covering up, but also feeling lightweight and wearable. It doesn't smudge and blends into your face naturally. Will definitely be buying again.

on 4/30/2018 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in my late 60's and I have dark circles and some fine lines under my eyes. I found that even with a primer, it settles into my lines and accentuates them. I gave it a 3 since the coverage is good. I'll stick with my NYX concealer, which is so much more affordable.

I had high hopes for this product but alas, it just does not work for me. It accentuates dry patches under my eyes that I don’t remember ever seeing there before if you can imagine that, plus it settles into every fine line that I have. My circles aren’t all that dark but this didn’t even begin to give any decent under eye coverage!! This stuff is not inexpensive and I expected a much better experience than what it gave me. Won’t be repurchasing. Sorry Tarte but there’s just nothing nice that I can think of to say about this one.

on 4/16/2018 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$27.00 for .33 oz. It's actually a fairly good value because it takes such a small amount unless you do the whole face highlighting which I do not, so it lasts me about 6 months or more. I don't use it every day, I use others things too.

I probably won't purchase this again until they lose the doe foot applicator. It is very high coverage and will remain fairly crease free if i use sparingly but it MUST be set with powder or it creases like crazy. It also is bad about settling into fine lines. I also must moisturize right before applying or it just sits there and is very hard to blend and dries the crap out of my under eye area. The doe foot applicator is also too big. I think they did this to accommodate the people that heavily highlight the whole center of their face. I don't cover half of my face with concealer like some do. I usually use it on my lid(sometimes), nose & under my eyes. I put a couple of small dots underneath my eyes, then down the center of my nose and blend it out with a beauty blender then use a finger if I see any creasing to smooth that out, then set with powder. I have 2 colors, fair neutral and light sand and neither of them look great alone so I usually mix them.

I think the reason this is so popular is the hype, and the extremely full coverage because I don't think it looks particularly pretty or natural and it's sure not easy to work with. I usually use Touche Eclat under my eyes. I like Shape Tape to clean up my brows and I also use it on my lids over Milani primer when I want a more defined crease or a cut crease and it never irritates my lids.