Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.1

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best Concealer Ever!

Totally worth paying a little higher price for excellent quality. Amazi ng coverage, lasts all day, easy to blend.

Love it! Gotta have it!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I wasn't sure that this would actually be as good as all the hype around it. I see several beauty vloggers using this so decided to give it a go. It really is that amazing. The coverage is SO good that honestly you don't even need to use a lot. It blends seamlessly into the skin without settling into fine lines or wrinkles. It gives a lovely glow to the skin.

I use this to highlight when I contour. I add it to the under eye area, around the mouth, the center of the forehead and tip of nose. It blends well and makes these areas look younger, smoother and beautiful.

This is hands down my favorite concealer Ive ever used and it is now a staple in my makeup arsenal.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hands down absolutely the BEST concealer! Little goes a long way, will last you forever! Great for light coverage or full face makeup! Cannot live without! Makeup staple!

on 1/7/2018 7:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have really really dry under eyes and the worst dark circles, so usually whatever concealer I use clings to my dry areas and emphasizes them like no other UNTIL THIS ONE! This is so incredibly amazing for both covering up the darkness and also keeping my under eyes nice and hydrated. A holy grail for sure.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this concealer ! Works great and a little truly goes a long way, minimizes my fine eyes around my eyes, doesn’t crease once set. Flawless and beautiful

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

NEVER going back to any other concealer ever again, best colour, best coverage, great price, absolutely amazing product and I will use it forever

on 11/27/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is so over-hyped by influencers that I never thought it would actually live up to its reputation. I was wrong - this is an excellent concealer.

This stuff is so incredibly pigmented (-cue YouTuber voice- SOOO pigmented, wow you guys). You need barely anything to cover dark spots and circles. I now cringe every time I watch an influencer with mild discoloration packing this on in a thick triangle of concealer under each eye - you need about a quarter of what they put on (even those of us, like myself, with hereditary dark circles), and I have to imagine they are soaking up most of the product in their sponges, because there is no way this would blend out well if you had that much on. Don't do that - you don't need it, and you're just wasting product.

I do about two dabs of product under each eye, and it completely covers my circles. I can honestly say that no other concealer, including Bye Bye Undereye, has done as good job. This product dries down a lot - there is nothing creamy about it. I have oily skin, so this usually works for me, although it can get caked up in my undereye dryness sometimes. It also makes it very long-lasting and pretty resistant to creasing (although you'll get a few lines throughout the day).

They have a decent range of colors, although, as always, a bit more diversity towards the darker end of the spectrum would be welcome. I'm taking off one star because it has issues on skin that is remotely dry, as undereye areas often are, and because the fragrance irritates my eyes on bad allergy days. There is no reason for a concealer to be scented, especially if it is made to go near the sensitive eye area - all we care about is whether or not it works. It's also only available at ULTA and is something that you probably want to swatch on yourself before buying, as it's so pigmented, you're in a bit of a situation if you aren't accessible to an ULTA store.

At $27, this isn't exactly cheap. However, you receive a decent amount of product and really need a tiny amount to cover significant discoloration, so I expect this to last me awhile. Definitely worth a try, if you have serious dark circles or hyperpigmentation that other concealers have failed to cover.

on 11/16/2017 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! Best concealer for contouring and to hide those dark circles, sun spots, etc.. I use the "Light neutral" and it's my favorite concealer by far. I use NARS (vanilla) sometimes and I still use IT Illumination concealer medium time to time but I always go back to my Tarte Shape Tape : ) it lasts long and no creasing!! Honestly, so far the best concealer/contour I've used and tried : ) five thumbs up!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Given all the hype, I had expected more from this concealer. I have dry skin with genetic VERY dark circles and slight under eye hollows. I had bought the shade Light Medium Honey for my NC25, slightly olive complexion, in hopes it would cover those circles. It was FAR too light and left my undereye area looking gray and ashy. I prefer a more natural look and I’m not a fan of the mega highlighted Kardashian-eqsue concealer technique.

Performance wise, this fell flat, too. It creased like nobody’s business and was so drying to my skin, setting powder left it looking like a cakey mess. Even trying it without setting powder emphasized every last fine line and pore on my face. I didn’t feel that the coverage was as full as others have experienced and overall, I was extremely disappointed. I tried it with various primers, on bare skin, everything, but no luck.

While the doe foot applicator is HUGE, I didn’t think it was much of a problem. I would dot it under my eyes and blend with a damp beauty blender. Had the shade been a better match for me, I still don’t think I would have liked it very much.

At $27 , I think it’s way too pricey for the quality. However, I did appreciate that it did not clog my pores or irritate my skin.

on 10/24/2017 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love shape tape because it’s so easy to use. With every other concealer I’ve experienced creasing but not with shape tape. I don’t even use setting powder with it. Definitely my HG.