Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 2/7/2019 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Oh my goodness! I am amazed with this wonderful product. The only concealer I've ever purchased and used was Amazing Concealer. I used to use concealer only occasionally, so it rarely caused cysts. But these days I find myself needing concealer more and more. Amazing Concealer, beautiful as it is, destroys my skin with regular use. Aging is bad enough without bringing on the cystic acne to join the wrinkles.

I didn't really think it was possible to find a "creaseless" concealer, or a concealer that did not need to be set with "dreaded" powder (not so good around the eyes anymore). Shape Tape makes so very very happy. It costs less than Amazing Concealer, it doesn't crease, it doesn't need powder, and it covers beautifully. 34S Medium Sand it the shade for me. It's lighter than my skin/foundation, but it "melts in" and brightens all day long. So far, so good in the breakout department. I can definitely use this a few days in a row without a problem. Hopefully this will continue. If so, I've found a staple for sure!

I included a little tutorial on how you can use it :) And I think that I covered all the main points. Hope you like it :) Melissa

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this concealer due to the numerous of good reviews on this concealer, however, I can't help but feel disappointed.

This concealer provides high coverage, it blends really easily, and a little goes a long way. Due to my dry skin, I did not feel the need to set it with any powder, and it still looked great at the end of the day. But what went wrong? After the first day of trying out this concealer, I noticed a few pimples in some areas of my face. Which is confusing because I never get these kind of pimples (very small white head pimples, and a few in the same area)... As I continued to use this product, I soon realised the pimples only showed up in the places where I applied the concealer. When I stopped using the concealer, my face cleared up.

I can't help but feel really sad about this product because I thought I finally found a product that was high enough in coverage to hide my under eyes, but it's definitely not worth using if it just continues to break out my skin.
For anyone who is considering this product, DEFINITELY try a sample first before purchasing!!!

on 1/27/2019 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’ve been wanting to try this concealer since it first came out. I finally had my niece ( who was visiting the US ) pick it up from Ulta- matching it close to the shade in Nars Radiant Creamy concealer- vanilla.
It was a good match! This is a thick creamy concealer but applies beautifully once you master how much is needed. There is a lot of product for your dollar. It has a large sponge applicator that you really need to assess how much product is needed for coverage. This stuff spreads lake ‘spackle’ for lack of better term- because the large sponge applicator picks up a lot of product, only a dab under each eye is what I need to cover dark circles. This stuff spreads for miles lol. So there is a learning curve. It covers very well, again a good eye cream that moisturizes well is definitely needed to avoid settling in fine lines. Lasts all day and into the evening. This also covers skin imperfections very well too. This is now part of my regular rotation-a staple product. Excellent concealer, planning to repurchase again. Full coverage and a good bang for the dollar.

on 1/17/2019 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Use NYC eyeshadow primer before the shape tape!! I used a concealer brush and my finger! I it lasted all day and I am very happy with the results!!!

on 1/13/2019 10:00:00 PM

I use this in the light neutral shade for my under eyes and any pimples that pop up. The coverage on me is medium and It is one of the best concealers I've used at this price point! I much prefer it to the Nars, and many many others. My other favorite though the texture is much different is Cle De Peau. This really is worth the hype 100%! It never looks fake or cakey on me. It's also now the #1 selling concealer in the USA... Ulta got so lucky with this exclusive.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best Concealer Ever!

Totally worth paying a little higher price for excellent quality. Amazi ng coverage, lasts all day, easy to blend.

Love it! Gotta have it!

on 1/11/2019 9:51:00 PM

The hype about Shape Tape didn’t disappoint me! and probably my new holy grail concealer.

The texture is creamy, not too thick but has very good coverage. I love the big applicator hence just one application of few dots is enough.

Eyebag is my biggest concern and Shape Tape is so good for my eyebags! When it dries, it sets in with a very smooth texture under my eye - which hides away my eyebag almost too well and I think I look more awake. Totally would repurchase this without any hesitant.

on 1/7/2019 10:07:00 AM

Wow. My new concealer!

I use this for my eyes/undereyes only, not as a highlighter.

I've seen the reviews and was skeptical....mmmffff....really? ANOTHER hyped up product? How many people are getting paid to write all this? They don't understand, these young'uns...they don't have the eyebags I've had to fight all my life, now progressively getting worse with poor sleep.

So.

I've always been a fan of Tarte - in fact, the concealer I have been using for years (looks like they don't even make this anymore) was the Maracuja concealer, rated 5 in my last review. When I went to look for it last, it looked like a whole new spectrum of "creaseless" concealers they sold at Sephora. Was I honey? Sand? Light-neutral? I tried and tried, and I just couldn't get the right colour (I was mixing light and medium in the past).

Tarte Shape Tape was only available in the US, and not in Canada, so when I saw it was available online on Tarte, I wanted to order it, but didn't have a clue which colour. So luckily I had a trip down to the US for work, and stopped by Ulta.

Here's my take, and hope it works for you:

PROSs:
- There's a lot of product in there for that tube
- Fair pricing for the amount of product
- It stays put! I got a pit of mascara, and so hygienically licked my pinky to rub it off, but the concealer stayed on! Nice!
- It applies in a nice thin layer - it doesn't give me the feeling I'm wearing a lot, but it covers!
- It dries (nicely) - thought I liked the Maracuja concealer, because it was so "moist", it would pull some of my eyeliner from my waterline - I don't have this with Shape Tape
- Nice powdery finish (not dry powedery) - I use a bit on my upper lid which evens out my skin discolouration, without leaving a cakey thick layer on my lid
- A little goes a long way
- Natural ingredients and is vegan!

CONs:
- Getting to and then using the right amount is tough - a little goes a long way but that day you put too much on, it will cake and sit in your lines.
- Not a fan of the doe-foot applicator as it goops at the top of the applicator like eyeliner and mascara tubes....but seems like the thing to do for all make up brands

Good luck! I'm personally loving it!

on 1/7/2019 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been wanting to try this for my dark circles so I was super excited when it came in my Ipsy bag. However, I was extremely disappointed especially after I had read so many great reviews. The only thing this product did was accentuate every wrinkle around my eyes. It was very drying & did nothing for my dark circles.