Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.5

on 3/3/2019 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have oily, acne-prone skin. This is my HG concealer. I don't know what else to say. The coverage is full, but the finish is not hideous or "old lady." What I might love best about mine is how well it matches my skin. I have fair skin with a yellow undertone. It blends like a dream and stays put. I use most often with my beauty blender, but also with my fingers if I'm in a hurry. I use it honestly as more of a foundation since I have a good amount of acne. I don't set it with powder (for a more youthful look) and it stays on.

on 2/7/2019 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Oh my goodness! I am amazed with this wonderful product. The only concealer I've ever purchased and used was Amazing Concealer. I used to use concealer only occasionally, so it rarely caused cysts. But these days I find myself needing concealer more and more. Amazing Concealer, beautiful as it is, destroys my skin with regular use. Aging is bad enough without bringing on the cystic acne to join the wrinkles.

I didn't really think it was possible to find a "creaseless" concealer, or a concealer that did not need to be set with "dreaded" powder (not so good around the eyes anymore). Shape Tape makes so very very happy. It costs less than Amazing Concealer, it doesn't crease, it doesn't need powder, and it covers beautifully. 34S Medium Sand it the shade for me. It's lighter than my skin/foundation, but it "melts in" and brightens all day long. So far, so good in the breakout department. I can definitely use this a few days in a row without a problem. Hopefully this will continue. If so, I've found a staple for sure!

on 1/27/2019 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’ve been wanting to try this concealer since it first came out. I finally had my niece ( who was visiting the US ) pick it up from Ulta- matching it close to the shade in Nars Radiant Creamy concealer- vanilla.
It was a good match! This is a thick creamy concealer but applies beautifully once you master how much is needed. There is a lot of product for your dollar. It has a large sponge applicator that you really need to assess how much product is needed for coverage. This stuff spreads lake ‘spackle’ for lack of better term- because the large sponge applicator picks up a lot of product, only a dab under each eye is what I need to cover dark circles. This stuff spreads for miles lol. So there is a learning curve. It covers very well, again a good eye cream that moisturizes well is definitely needed to avoid settling in fine lines. Lasts all day and into the evening. This also covers skin imperfections very well too. This is now part of my regular rotation-a staple product. Excellent concealer, planning to repurchase again. Full coverage and a good bang for the dollar.

on 1/17/2019 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Use NYC eyeshadow primer before the shape tape!! I used a concealer brush and my finger! I it lasted all day and I am very happy with the results!!!

on 1/4/2019 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have dark circles and this makes them disappear like no other and lasts all day! The only thing Is that it’s a bit drying and can look cakey if u put too much...a little dab is sufficient! No need to draw triangles like they show you in videos lol. Just make sure you properly moisturize your under eye before application. The shade I got is “light medium honey” and it’s just perfection (nc20-25ish).

on 11/2/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I thought this was going to be terrible.. The way youtubers always put this on, the big triangle under the eye. They must look so cakey irl. Cause this has great coverage, you don't need to use that much at all. It spreads nice, is long wearing, and doesn't crease. I do use Tarte timeless smoothing primer, that stuff is also amazing. Love this. Won't try any other concealer anymore. This is the one!

on 3/11/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just bought this because my usual fave was running low. I got it in the color light, which is probably 1 to 2 shades lighter than the foundation I use. A little goes a long way and one pull from the tube works for both undereye areas. This really is fantastic and worth the $$!

on 6/20/2017 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a must have. LOVE. Once you try it, you will see

on 5/17/2017 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am very pale and my shade is never in stock. I desperately wanted to try it. I got the shade fair neutral. Not my perfect match, but workable. This stuff it is definitely giving my maybelline age rewind some stiff competition. With the tarte shape, a little goes a LONG way. Just a dab or two under the eyes is all you need. My under eyes look so smooth with this. It also wears LIKE A DREAM. With my maybelline age rewind, I can get the coverage I want but I really have to layer it on. By the end the day, it looks cakey and heavy. I thought it was the price I had to pay to for high coverage. Once my current shape tape runs out, I hope to get it another one in my shade!

For application, I definitely recommend a damp beauty sponge. You also need to work one eye at a time. Otherwise, it will settle into fine lines and begin to set itself. Dab under eye, blend, and set with powder to prevent this.

Edit: I've used this concealer more and found that putting a dab under my eyes THEN patting the product in and sweeping it under my eye with my finger allows for more play time and easier blending. It looks less heavy under the eyes too with this method.

on 5/2/2017 4:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's Amazing it Covers up sooo goood !!!