Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.1

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've spent my entire life saying there could always be a better undereye concealer out there, and at the age of 30, I'm calling off the search, because this is THE PERFECT CONCEALER.

I've had very dark circles since I could walk, so it's clearly a genetic gift that I'm stuck with, but have tried very hard to hide. I'd spent years and god knows how much money trying to find a good enough concealer; the best I'd found before this was Makeup Forever Full Cover.

I'd seen so much praise for Shape Tape in the past few months, but I didn't care about contouring with concealer, so the fact that it's marketed for contouring didn't fill me with hope. It was only when I got a sample in my Ipsy bag that my mind was blown; even with the sample being a shade too light, it covered completely, looked natural, and didn't budge all day!

I immediately went to buy it in my shade only to find it's not sold in Canada (?!?!), so I had to order it from Tarte directly. The packaging is kind of nuts - it's BIG! For concealer, I was expecting about 5ml size, but it comes with 10ml, and a massive applicator! Not that I mind, it just sort of makes me giggle every time I apply it. The value is quite good considering the quality and how much you get as well.

I apply it over Bobbi Brown Undereye Corrector and set it with PUR 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup and ELF Undereye Setting Powder and nothing moves! Even without setting spray. It's perfect!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

WORTH THE HYPE! I’ve been eyeing this for a while and hadn’t gotten it because they don’t have it in-store at Sephora and I couldn’t tell online what shade I would be. While placing an order from Ulta, I looked up a YouTube review of someone who looked like they had similar skin tone to mine. I’ve been using FitMe and Age Rewind but neither erases my inherited dark circles, even with color corrector and both require setting powder to reduce creasing.
I ended up getting 37G- medium tan as it appeared closest to my skin tone. As previous reviews have said, the applicator is huge...think lip gloss on steroids. I was cautious about the ridiculous size so I just put three small dots under my eye and blended it oh with a NYX blending sponge.
Holy sh*t! This went all under my eye and up to my cheekbone...as if I had done that whole triangle of concealer under the eye! Whatever color they mixed in seemed to counteract the sallow color of my dark circles without creating a gray cast like other concealers do (yes, even with a peach-tone corrector). Usually, there is coloring between my normal skin and my attempts at hiding my dark circle...not obvious but enough concealer/corrector/powder that no one is thinking I am wearing make-up.

on 8/11/2018 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have never tried a concealer better than this one! It's full coverage, lasts all day, and never creases (which is rare for me because my undereyes crease constantly with every other concealer I've used). You get a lot of product for your money as well. Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with this product, I genuinely believe I will use it for the rest of my life!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hands down absolutely the BEST concealer! Little goes a long way, will last you forever! Great for light coverage or full face makeup! Cannot live without! Makeup staple!

on 4/30/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am definitely on the Shape Tape bandwagon! It comes in a massive easy to use tube with 10ml of product, which is fantastic value and has a huge colour selection for most skin tones. Shape tape has excellent coverage for those unwanted under eye bags and does an excellent job covering any blemishes/scars on the skin as well. Yes it can be a little drying but you must work fast with this product to ensure all creases are blended out and set in place. Absolutely obsessed, just wish they'd stocked them in Sephora here in Australia. Will continue to purchase, nevertheless!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is A M A Z I N G! I have it in shade Light Neutral and it's the best! I wear it everyday, especially on days where I didn't get much sleep the night before and it makes me look like I had a good night's rest. It conceals my dark under eye circles and redness unlike any other concealer I've tried before it. It also smells pretty good and the doefoot applicator is H U G E, combined with a product that is thick, I only need a small dot under my eyes and that's enough to conceal (of course, I apply more product if I've had a particularly bad night, but the most I've ever needed was three dots). It also doesn't transfer and lasts all day!

Guys, I think I've found The One. Shape Tape is hands down the best concealer I've ever invested in.
I bought it in the shade Fair early last July and it's still going strong at the end of January (it's probably a bio-hazard by now but I don't care)
I think the tube is 10ml? It's really quite a massive tube and a little goes a long way, so I'd definitely say it's well worth the $45NZD I paid.
The formula is thick and creamy. It's full coverage (which I NEED for my permanent raccoon eyes) but I find it quite easy to sheer out just by using less. I use a RT blending sponge to blend it. Oh, and did I mention it doesn't crease or transfer? AT ALL. My concealer still looks fresh AF when I remove it 16ish hours later. ST also plays well with my foundation. I've been using ELDW religiously for the last few months (btw, this one tube of concealer has nearly outlasted two bottles of foundation) and I don't notice any separating or difficulty to blend together.
I would rave on the streets about this concealer, it's just so good. I've already bought a second tube!

on 1/26/2018 5:25:00 PM

I love this unfortunately with me having dry skin on my cheeks it doesn't hydrate very well. but I do love what it does for my under eyes. I do feel like it is pricey but when I last bought some it was $30 I think now its like $28 or something

on 1/18/2018 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Even though I had help from an Ulta sales associate I ended up buying AND returning 3 different shades of Shape Tape before finding the correct shade. It is an awesome product once you find the right shade. I found that it is long lasting, not greasy and doesn't settle into my under eye lines. I use a nice concealer brush that I bought at Sephora to apply. I am in my 60's and it is not always easy to find a product that looks this good on aging skin. Tarte just came out with Shape Tape Foundation and I can't wait to try it! .... not that I need anymore makeup mind you.

on 1/7/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have really really dry under eyes and the worst dark circles, so usually whatever concealer I use clings to my dry areas and emphasizes them like no other UNTIL THIS ONE! This is so incredibly amazing for both covering up the darkness and also keeping my under eyes nice and hydrated. A holy grail for sure.