Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Other
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.1

on 1/11/2019 9:51:00 PM

The hype about Shape Tape didn’t disappoint me! and probably my new holy grail concealer.

The texture is creamy, not too thick but has very good coverage. I love the big applicator hence just one application of few dots is enough.

Eyebag is my biggest concern and Shape Tape is so good for my eyebags! When it dries, it sets in with a very smooth texture under my eye - which hides away my eyebag almost too well and I think I look more awake. Totally would repurchase this without any hesitant.

I live and die for this concealer. It is so creamy and covers every insecurity I have. It blends so easily and sets really well. I'm in love with how smooth it makes my under-eyes look. One of the best concealers I have ever used.

on 10/20/2018 6:34:00 PM

I have been playing in makeup for a very long time now, and I have never found a concealer that is as full coverage as this one!! This concealer is $27, and comes in many diffferent shades. It has an oversized doe-foot which makes for great and easy application. I did find that it this easier to blend this out with a sponge rather than a brush. This product is very compatible with all of my other brands, it does not crease, become patchy, or move while blending other products. I do reccomend you set this with a powder as it does not dry down a whole lot. I have reccomended this to almost everyone that i know and they have fallen in love with it as well! You definitely get what you pay for with this, and i promise that you will fall in love with it too!!!

on 5/3/2018 7:04:00 PM

When I first bought this concealer I had issues with it. It never seemed to want to sit flawlessly on my skin the way everyone claimed it did! I also felt like it didn’t cover my dark, dark, dark circles as much as I thought a full concealer should unless I caked it on. When I caked it on, it creased and clumped and looked heavy. Honestly, I even started shopping around for new concealers.

I started watching YouTube videos to see if there were any “tricks” to making concealer look better and someone mention Jojoba oil. I ordered some and apply a tiny bit under my eyes and let it soak in for a couple minutes in the morning. Then I apply the concealer in triangles over my dark areas (think YouTuber triangles, but at 70% - you might have to trial and error what is a good amount for your skin) and pat it in with a DRY real techniques sponge. I look up with my eyes (to smooth out the lines under my eyes while I apply) and pat the concealer back and forth. It actually looks AWESOME now! I feel like it has to be the dry beauty blender trick because I’ve forgotten the oil a few times and it still looks good. Then days where I forget to switch sponges and accidentally apply with a damp sponge, I actually see a difference because I dislike how my make up looks! Just for reference I use the Rimmel powder (legit a tap into the product, tap off, then lightly tap over) - no baking for me.

Honestly, since discovering this “go to routine” my under eyes have looked great. If you had asked me a few months ago I probably would have given this product a 2 or 3, but now I love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had to buy this online (which is not always a great idea, because you can't swatch anything) but I have zero regrets!

Wish Shape Tape was sold at Sephora, it is so good. Now, I was afraid that this formula would be too heavy for my dry skin, but as a matter of fact as long as I stay away from my undereye and use it anywhere else on the face - it works like magic. No need to set it with powder, it does everything on its own.

If you buy these online, check out Ulta's description first (they did a good job and I managed to find a colour-match in no time). I use Light Neutral and it is the best thing created for someone with neutral undertone and light skin (duh!). If you want more application tips and swatches, my in-depth review here might help (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/11/07/A-Rather-Large-Tarte-Haul). Hope you guys find it helpful!

on 10/9/2017 1:20:00 PM

I have considered having fillers.under my eyes because my circles are so bad. Nothing seemed to work before I tried this (and I have tried everything from creams to liquids). I was sceptic at first because I tought that this couldn't be any better than all the products I have already tried. But it is. I don't know how. It doesn't crease and stays on all day. I use UD naked corrector underneath it (the pink one really brightens) and finally my horrible dark circles are hidden!

This is my new current favorite. It is expensive, but is lightweight and does not crease. It is very easy to blend, though I would suggest using a beautyblender instead of a brush under the eyes. It is also great on problem areas on the face. Sometimes I find myself not needing to use foundation since this blends so well and doubles as foundation when used over primer. The medium shade is perfect for me, just the right amount of olive tones.

I've been looking for a concealer that I wouldn't feel the need to layer twice in order to cover my moderately severe dark circles, and this fits the bill and comes in an excellent shade range! I love how big the wand is, and how quickly the formula blends, dries and sets without much effort. I use the shade Light-Med Honey as a corrector and Light Sand for highlighting my light (C2) olive skin, and it does an excellent job of brightening my under eyes. It dries to a matte finish and does not budge, with setting, throughout the day. I use Laura Mercier's loose powder with a damp beauty blender on top. The price is excellent for how much product you get. My only complaint would be the strong fragrance, but it goes away.

Didn't any1 get Light Sand??! I got this from eBay for US$21 "what sorcery is this?" It's amazing. I am NC20, Chanel 20beige & Revlon Buff but this is seriously awesome did I say amazing?! I dot 3 dots under my eyes and 2 dots on my nose. Then I blend & go over it with a powder fdtn (Chanel or MAC studiofix) then I'm set! I love the applicator it's so big but it's effective. I use NARS RCC in custard & vanilla & Light Sand is similar to Custard. Maybe a hair paler. I have extreme oily skin & this won't slide around nor get greasy. It lasts all day & I am so shocked how good this is. I don't have a lot of tarte (tartelette palette, tarteist paint eyeliner & mascara, a cpl lipsticks, lipliner & sephoras bday gift), I'm impressed w the brand & this is most def worth the $20 bucks! #excellent #concealerjunkie #winning

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Amazing. I use the shade deep. I am the shade Cuba in Nars Velvet Moisturizer, Cadiz in Nars foundation, Mocha in Too Faced Foundation. I must say this product is really worth all the hype. It covers dark circles really well without creasing or settling into any fine lines. It's very natural looking, and I love the sponge-like applicator.