Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.9

I included a little tutorial on how you can use it :) And I think that I covered all the main points. Hope you like it :) Melissa

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this concealer due to the numerous of good reviews on this concealer, however, I can't help but feel disappointed.

This concealer provides high coverage, it blends really easily, and a little goes a long way. Due to my dry skin, I did not feel the need to set it with any powder, and it still looked great at the end of the day. But what went wrong? After the first day of trying out this concealer, I noticed a few pimples in some areas of my face. Which is confusing because I never get these kind of pimples (very small white head pimples, and a few in the same area)... As I continued to use this product, I soon realised the pimples only showed up in the places where I applied the concealer. When I stopped using the concealer, my face cleared up.

I can't help but feel really sad about this product because I thought I finally found a product that was high enough in coverage to hide my under eyes, but it's definitely not worth using if it just continues to break out my skin.
For anyone who is considering this product, DEFINITELY try a sample first before purchasing!!!

on 1/27/2019 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’ve been wanting to try this concealer since it first came out. I finally had my niece ( who was visiting the US ) pick it up from Ulta- matching it close to the shade in Nars Radiant Creamy concealer- vanilla.
It was a good match! This is a thick creamy concealer but applies beautifully once you master how much is needed. There is a lot of product for your dollar. It has a large sponge applicator that you really need to assess how much product is needed for coverage. This stuff spreads lake ‘spackle’ for lack of better term- because the large sponge applicator picks up a lot of product, only a dab under each eye is what I need to cover dark circles. This stuff spreads for miles lol. So there is a learning curve. It covers very well, again a good eye cream that moisturizes well is definitely needed to avoid settling in fine lines. Lasts all day and into the evening. This also covers skin imperfections very well too. This is now part of my regular rotation-a staple product. Excellent concealer, planning to repurchase again. Full coverage and a good bang for the dollar.

on 1/17/2019 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Use NYC eyeshadow primer before the shape tape!! I used a concealer brush and my finger! I it lasted all day and I am very happy with the results!!!

on 1/11/2019 9:51:00 PM

The hype about Shape Tape didn’t disappoint me! and probably my new holy grail concealer.

The texture is creamy, not too thick but has very good coverage. I love the big applicator hence just one application of few dots is enough.

Eyebag is my biggest concern and Shape Tape is so good for my eyebags! When it dries, it sets in with a very smooth texture under my eye - which hides away my eyebag almost too well and I think I look more awake. Totally would repurchase this without any hesitant.

on 1/7/2019 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been wanting to try this for my dark circles so I was super excited when it came in my Ipsy bag. However, I was extremely disappointed especially after I had read so many great reviews. The only thing this product did was accentuate every wrinkle around my eyes. It was very drying & did nothing for my dark circles.

on 1/4/2019 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have dark circles and this makes them disappear like no other and lasts all day! The only thing Is that it’s a bit drying and can look cakey if u put too much...a little dab is sufficient! No need to draw triangles like they show you in videos lol. Just make sure you properly moisturize your under eye before application. The shade I got is “light medium honey” and it’s just perfection (nc20-25ish).

on 12/11/2018 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love shape tape! It has great coverage and I love everything Tarte BUT I had to stop using it because it kept making my contacts dirty! If I got one little speck near my eye it was all over my contact! So beware contact wearers!!

on 11/2/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I thought this was going to be terrible.. The way youtubers always put this on, the big triangle under the eye. They must look so cakey irl. Cause this has great coverage, you don't need to use that much at all. It spreads nice, is long wearing, and doesn't crease. I do use Tarte timeless smoothing primer, that stuff is also amazing. Love this. Won't try any other concealer anymore. This is the one!

on 10/20/2018 6:34:00 PM

I have been playing in makeup for a very long time now, and I have never found a concealer that is as full coverage as this one!! This concealer is $27, and comes in many diffferent shades. It has an oversized doe-foot which makes for great and easy application. I did find that it this easier to blend this out with a sponge rather than a brush. This product is very compatible with all of my other brands, it does not crease, become patchy, or move while blending other products. I do reccomend you set this with a powder as it does not dry down a whole lot. I have reccomended this to almost everyone that i know and they have fallen in love with it as well! You definitely get what you pay for with this, and i promise that you will fall in love with it too!!!