Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm honestly shook by this concealer. I never knew that a concealer could be so pigmented, and could cover up so much. I use the shade "Fair" and it's the perfect match for my skin tone. You only need a tiny amount cause a little bit goes a very long way! It works well with baking and just simply sweeping some powder to set it. $27 is a little bit off the deep end price wise, but for how little you need, I would expect it to last a good amount of time. Tarte knocked it out of the park with this one!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this concealer ! Works great and a little truly goes a long way, minimizes my fine eyes around my eyes, doesn’t crease once set. Flawless and beautiful

on 10/10/2016 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is an amazing concealer. I bought it in deep for my NW45 complexion. Love the huge applicator, the color is perfect for a subtle highlight and it lasts all day without creasing. I powder like a fiend as I have oily skin so I am sure that helps. This past summer 2016 was the summer for foundations and concealer and I bought so many of them because a flawless base is the foundation of this obsession I have with makeup. I am glad to add this to the rotation. It is an excellent product so far. Also, it is cheaper than many of its high end counterparts because of the amount in the container. I will be purchasing again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The hype is real.

Let me tell you about my skin. I am pale. Like, I am a hermit who refuses to leave the house pale. (ha!) At one time I was a NC 25-27 but I think I'm paler than that now. I think I am a NC 20 or something. Anyway- I'm "Porcelain" in the New Anastasia sticks. :) Green eyes and brown hair.

My issues:
Dark under eye circles. Little lines around the eyes.

My criteria:
It can't turn orange
It can't be watery
It can't be too thick
It can't give me milia
it has to look natural
it has to be pale enough for me
Must not fall into the little lines around my eyes that will add an additional 90 years to my appearance. (It happens. It's bad.)

This is a challenge. All the concealers I've tried... have not fit this criteria.

I kept coming across the same issues with concealers- they were either too orange (Bobbi Brown), oxidized on me (UD), too thick (the It cosmetics) and sometimes too watery (the Nars sheer glow), accentuated the lines (Kat Von D), gave me milia (MAC) and we won't even talk about the drug store stuffs.

The shape tape is good because it doesn't accentuate my fine lines, has not given me milia, hasn't turned orange, and has covered my dark circles - but doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing a mask. It is heavy though- and thick but it isn't TOO thick. If that makes sense.

It's actually the first concealer that I have gotten a backup on to put in my purse so that I will never be without it. It's actually a HG status for me. I never thought I would find that for my skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

love this product. i have very oily skin and it works great. does tend to get creasy by the end of the day but i wear makeup more then 12-13 hours a day. a little goes a long way!!

on 5/3/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Probably the most full coverage concealer I’ve ever used. Because it’s so concentrated and thick, I have to be careful of the amount I use. 2 or 3 dots under the eyes of is enough. Too much turns my under eyes into a dry, caked mess. If you are dry skinned definitely use a moisturizing eye cream. I do like the product but I prefer a concealer that isn’t so drying and thick.

on 3/1/2017 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Okay first off, this concealer is crazy expensive if you live in New Zealand and get it shipped. Lucky for me, I snagged two of these during a free shipping and discount promo on the Tarte website.

I bought one shade for spot concealing and the other for highlighting under the eyes. The latter is in a shade way too light but I apply it under foundation, and I can also use it as an eyeshadow base. This concealer is thicker compared to the NARS Radiant Creamy Concelear which I truthfully prefer for under my eyes.

The bigger applicator is a funny surprise when you see it for the first time but you get used to it. However there is a small well on the applicator that allows product to sort of pool within it, dispersing more than you need. This concealer is thick and has full coverage therefore when I use it for my undereyes I just dot it and blend it out with my beautyblender. The perks of this is that I know this will last a long time. This concealer also has a floral-chemical scent which I personally like but might be too strong for others.

I would definitely repurchase if I'm out of my concealers and if there's a promo again because $70+ NZD for a concealer is just crazy.

on 9/16/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This isn't my favorite concealer in the world but I've tried a bunch and would consider the Tarte Shape Tape to be decent. The lightest shade is almost pale enough for me and doesn't look like witeout. I am NC10/very pale leaning neutral. I will note that all the Shape Tape shades seem to lean yellow-ish in my opinion.

The formula is pretty nice. I only use concealer for my undereye area so I always look for a moisturizing formula that won't bleed into fine lines. This seems to smooth over the surface vs creeping into wrinkles. It doesn't emphasize bad skin texture. The coverage is decent, too.

My favorite formula is Maybelline Fit Me (but their shade selection sucks big time). Tarte Shape Tape isn't a dupe but it's still not a bad concealer by any means.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, and I have read that this product would be good for my skin type. The concealer itself is very thick, and drys very fast. I would recommend applying a moisturizer onto your face before applying this because if not it can look very cakey. It is has very full coverage though so if that is what your looking for I would try this out.

on 11/14/2017 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because everyone hyped it up, but it really was not a good product. 1. the applicator was huge and just weird, but that’s just my personal opinion. 2. it was suuuper dry. i would put it on and have to blend it immediately or it would dry up and become (3.) really hard to blend. (4.?) maybe i just bought a shade too light, but it gave off flashback, and by the end of the day you could see where i applied it even in natural lighting.