Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 2/7/2019 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Oh my goodness! I am amazed with this wonderful product. The only concealer I've ever purchased and used was Amazing Concealer. I used to use concealer only occasionally, so it rarely caused cysts. But these days I find myself needing concealer more and more. Amazing Concealer, beautiful as it is, destroys my skin with regular use. Aging is bad enough without bringing on the cystic acne to join the wrinkles.

I didn't really think it was possible to find a "creaseless" concealer, or a concealer that did not need to be set with "dreaded" powder (not so good around the eyes anymore). Shape Tape makes so very very happy. It costs less than Amazing Concealer, it doesn't crease, it doesn't need powder, and it covers beautifully. 34S Medium Sand it the shade for me. It's lighter than my skin/foundation, but it "melts in" and brightens all day long. So far, so good in the breakout department. I can definitely use this a few days in a row without a problem. Hopefully this will continue. If so, I've found a staple for sure!

on 1/7/2019 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been wanting to try this for my dark circles so I was super excited when it came in my Ipsy bag. However, I was extremely disappointed especially after I had read so many great reviews. The only thing this product did was accentuate every wrinkle around my eyes. It was very drying & did nothing for my dark circles.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried a sample of shape tape in the shade light, which I find a good match for my under eye area, but just a little light to use on my face, and I am nc20. I absolutely love how long lasting this is, and how full coverage this is. The only downside is that you can only get this through tarte’s website in Canada, and you need to spend so much to eat free shipping. Otherwise, I would have actually bought the full size.

on 9/19/2018 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This concealer is definitely full coverage and a little goes a long way. For concealing dark circles, make sure to moisturize underneath your eyes or this will look really dry. I’ve also found applying it lower and blending upwards works far better than placing it directly where you want concealed. Make sure to use a finely milled powder to set. I’m using bare escentuals mineral veil to set this under my eyes. For the size and coverage, this was worth every penny.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Shape Tape is no joke! This stuff is legit. All you need is a tiny dot on the spot you want to cover; a dot will conceal the under-eye area. It doesn't feel thick or cakey. I've had no issues with it settling into creases and fine lines, unlike the other concealers I've tried. I set it on my under-eyes with just a touch of brightening powder from Elf, but I wouldn't say it's necessary. It has a good amount of product and since I only use a tiny bit at once, I see it going a long way. Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hands down absolutely the BEST concealer! Little goes a long way, will last you forever! Great for light coverage or full face makeup! Cannot live without! Makeup staple!

on 6/28/2018 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after all the rave reviews online and on YouTube. However, I don't know how people put so much of this stuff on. I wanted to love it, but it just looked too cakey and dry on me. I have oily skin, but my undereyes are a bit dry. I also has too light a shade on, which didn't help. This stuff just kind of crusted in the corner of my eye and accentuated fine lines. I also hated the packaging--it just all gunked up around the opening! I tried Too Faced Born This way (original) instead, and it too settled into fine lines and didn't cover that well. I tried It Cosmetics Bye Bye instead and it did a much better job. I'm considering trying the new Too Faced concealer, but don't know if it'll work on me.

on 6/6/2018 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this concealer due to its hype but after reading the reviews here I was worried it would not work out for me. I have oily skin and I have noticed some concealers crease under my eyes and make me look older. This concealer does not crease and looks good after a whole day at work! I have not tried many concealers for my undereyes as I don’t have dark circles but in the past I’ve been using MAC pro longwear concealer for my undereyes and that one does not crease. I would say this one is similar to pro longwear but with this you can contol how much you use because it has a wand applicator. I have also used this to cover my hyperpigmentation from acne on my face and it works wonders. Highly recommend and would definitely buy more.

on 5/7/2018 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was really excited to try this concealer due to all the raving reviews. Unfortunately, I am quite disappointed. Tarte is not available in my country (Europe), so I really had to try to get one. The price is high, but you do get a ton of product. You really need a tiny bit, not the generous amounts you see Youtubers apply... The package is nice, the doe foot applicator is enormous! It has full coverage, but my god is it drying :-( I have oily skin, but my undereyes are more normal (sometimes even dry). I don't usually have problems with concealers being too drying, but this one accentuated all the fine lines I didn't even knew I had and it appeared very patchy. Even with a good moisturising eye cream underneath it was awful and don't even try to set it with a powder because that makes it worse.
It didn't help I choose the wrong shade, but that was my fault entirely. I am a NW15-20 in Mac, so I choose the shade fair, but imo it was way too light. I rather prefer a more natural tone under my eyes, closely to my skin tone/foundation, while some prefer the much lighter shades to brighten. If you're not a fan of this, be aware when choosing a shade.
Next I would like to try the Makeup Revolution one, which ought to be a dupe, but I am now continuing using the Catrice liquid coverage one, which is waaaaay cheaper, also full coverage and not so drying (and it smells nice!)

on 5/3/2018 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It’s very full coverage. But damn it creases like crazy under my eyes. Makes me look older. I wish it would work for me it has an amazing finish and great coverage. I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer.