Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.1

on 9/30/2018 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product. I found it to cakey and had a yellow undertone. Pass! Over hyped

on 8/27/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I agree with others - this is worth the hype. Never had I had a concealer that stays on all day, is full coverage and that doesn't feel drying. It creases a tinsy bit but I can live with that. Also, you know when you're trying to cover a pimple and you end up moving the concealer on your pimple and it doesn't cover anything? This doesn't do that, I love it.

on 8/11/2018 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have never tried a concealer better than this one! It's full coverage, lasts all day, and never creases (which is rare for me because my undereyes crease constantly with every other concealer I've used). You get a lot of product for your money as well. Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with this product, I genuinely believe I will use it for the rest of my life!!!

on 4/25/2018 7:25:00 PM

I bought this concealer due to the high amount of hype it received online. Living in England, it was harder to obtain but I was looking for something high coverage and this seemed to be it. At first, I loved it. I am rather pale and drugstore concealers tend to be darker and orange in colour - this concealer was a good match. The coverage is great - I admit, it seems to be one of the highest coverage concealers on the market as of tight now. However it is not perfect, though it does cover I think it's not radiant enough for under the eyes, it can be quite dry looking. For summer, I prefer something more radiant and this is rather matte in texture. The price is one of of the negatives, although it is Tarte, for a concealer I don't think it should be the price of a foundation, on the other hand this product has lasted me quite a while.

I no longer use this concealer. Makeup Revolution have brought out a series of Conceal and define concealers and honestly, I find myself reaching for these more than the Tarte. They are cheaper and perfect dupes. I find that the Tarte shape tape still offers a tad bit more coverage but nothing that would make me repurchase the concealer over the Makeup Revolution ones.

For a night out, I may use this but for day to day use, I opt for others. If the price range was lower I'd continue to use it, however there are now dupes that are much cheaper and greater value for money. If you're in the market for a new concealer and have cash to splurge you won't be disappointed, but if you want to save money and get something similar, opt for the Makeup Revolution concealer. It's literally like 5 or less pounds.

on 3/24/2018 12:28:00 PM

I have crepey undereyes with puffy bags and dark circles. I need a concealer that doesn't look dry and accentuate the crepey lines. This goes on smoothly and is buildable to cover my circles fairly well, but sadly does accentuate my crepey lines so I am not thrilled with it. Not bad, but not good enough for me to buy again.

on 2/9/2018 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is DRYING. If you're dry, don't let this near your face without moisturizing. I didn't even know I had dry under eyes until I used this. However, it does provide really great coverage. When I first applied it I felt the shade I had was a little too light but it settles pretty nicely. I know some people use this as an eye primer but I can't. It's way too drying and leaves creases and looks cakey on my lids before I even get to eyeshadow--I can't even imagine trying to blend shadows on that kind of canvas. I need to apply super sparingly because a little product goes such a long way--DO NOT apply this the way you see people on Instagram making those large triangles under their eyes, that's way too much product and I don't understand how they don't have cake face. The consistency is really thick and tacky also so I have to do one eye at a time because it dries quickly and takes a lot of effort to blend with a beauty blender. I honestly don't know if I'd buy this again, it hasn't won me over just yet.

HG concealer for me currently! Use mostly under eyes and it’s high coverage and minimal creasing. I have dark circles and this definitely brightens the area. Recently I started to use to cover redness and blemishes on rest of face, and it works really well for that! Good coverage, does not highlight dry patches that much and does not budge. I’m acne prone so I don’t like the doe foot applicator and tube product since germs can really stay in the product, that’s my one gripe against using it on face.

on 11/27/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is so over-hyped by influencers that I never thought it would actually live up to its reputation. I was wrong - this is an excellent concealer.

This stuff is so incredibly pigmented (-cue YouTuber voice- SOOO pigmented, wow you guys). You need barely anything to cover dark spots and circles. I now cringe every time I watch an influencer with mild discoloration packing this on in a thick triangle of concealer under each eye - you need about a quarter of what they put on (even those of us, like myself, with hereditary dark circles), and I have to imagine they are soaking up most of the product in their sponges, because there is no way this would blend out well if you had that much on. Don't do that - you don't need it, and you're just wasting product.

I do about two dabs of product under each eye, and it completely covers my circles. I can honestly say that no other concealer, including Bye Bye Undereye, has done as good job. This product dries down a lot - there is nothing creamy about it. I have oily skin, so this usually works for me, although it can get caked up in my undereye dryness sometimes. It also makes it very long-lasting and pretty resistant to creasing (although you'll get a few lines throughout the day).

They have a decent range of colors, although, as always, a bit more diversity towards the darker end of the spectrum would be welcome. I'm taking off one star because it has issues on skin that is remotely dry, as undereye areas often are, and because the fragrance irritates my eyes on bad allergy days. There is no reason for a concealer to be scented, especially if it is made to go near the sensitive eye area - all we care about is whether or not it works. It's also only available at ULTA and is something that you probably want to swatch on yourself before buying, as it's so pigmented, you're in a bit of a situation if you aren't accessible to an ULTA store.

At $27, this isn't exactly cheap. However, you receive a decent amount of product and really need a tiny amount to cover significant discoloration, so I expect this to last me awhile. Definitely worth a try, if you have serious dark circles or hyperpigmentation that other concealers have failed to cover.

on 11/16/2017 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! Best concealer for contouring and to hide those dark circles, sun spots, etc.. I use the "Light neutral" and it's my favorite concealer by far. I use NARS (vanilla) sometimes and I still use IT Illumination concealer medium time to time but I always go back to my Tarte Shape Tape : ) it lasts long and no creasing!! Honestly, so far the best concealer/contour I've used and tried : ) five thumbs up!

on 10/20/2017 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is my holy grail! I started using this only recently and I'm already in love. I have a lot of hyper pigmentation around my cheek area and along my jawline, as well as occasional breakouts, so I've tested a fair share of concealers but couldn't find one which would completely satisfy my needs. This concealer helps cover those flaws up pretty well without looking cakey. I wasn't too sure about this at first but then I compared it to my other favorites- maybelline fit me and nars radiant creamy concealer- and I honestly liked this better (the amazing coverage being one of the reasons)
It covers pretty good for the undereyes as well.
This is definitely suitable for those who have any kind of scarring or acne on their face since its coverage is pretty heavy, however I use it as a day to day concealer as well, a little goes a looong way. Most people use up too much product in one go then complain if it ends up looking cakey. So I'd suggest using a minute amount.
In conclusion everybody's skin is different and even though I'm very happy with this product, it may not be suitable for them, so I'd recommend getting a sample first.