Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.3

on 1/27/2019 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’ve been wanting to try this concealer since it first came out. I finally had my niece ( who was visiting the US ) pick it up from Ulta- matching it close to the shade in Nars Radiant Creamy concealer- vanilla.
It was a good match! This is a thick creamy concealer but applies beautifully once you master how much is needed. There is a lot of product for your dollar. It has a large sponge applicator that you really need to assess how much product is needed for coverage. This stuff spreads lake ‘spackle’ for lack of better term- because the large sponge applicator picks up a lot of product, only a dab under each eye is what I need to cover dark circles. This stuff spreads for miles lol. So there is a learning curve. It covers very well, again a good eye cream that moisturizes well is definitely needed to avoid settling in fine lines. Lasts all day and into the evening. This also covers skin imperfections very well too. This is now part of my regular rotation-a staple product. Excellent concealer, planning to repurchase again. Full coverage and a good bang for the dollar.

on 11/2/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I thought this was going to be terrible.. The way youtubers always put this on, the big triangle under the eye. They must look so cakey irl. Cause this has great coverage, you don't need to use that much at all. It spreads nice, is long wearing, and doesn't crease. I do use Tarte timeless smoothing primer, that stuff is also amazing. Love this. Won't try any other concealer anymore. This is the one!

on 9/30/2018 5:52:00 AM

I am a nurse, I put on my face at 5am in the morning and don’t touch it again until after 8pm (I have bigger problems to deal with at work). Hence longevity of products is a must. I have tried many concealers (I need a stand alone for some discolorations). This concealer has the best longevity. I stays put and fresh for a whole shift.

Best concealer I've ever used. Does a great job of covering up, but also feeling lightweight and wearable. It doesn't smudge and blends into your face naturally. Will definitely be buying again.

on 3/8/2018 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff. It’s probably my holy grail of concealers which is annoying as this can’t be purchased yet within Australia. I’m NC15-20 and Light is great as an under eye concealer. Light-Neutral is my skin tone so great for blemishes or disguising redness.
It doesn’t cake, accentuate fine lines , and lasts all day. It also works well with other products.

I find that the new Bobbi Brown concealer is a great dupe for this formula (somewhat more tacky when first applied but otherwise the same. Warm ivory is very, very close to fair-neutral in shape tape.

This is amazing! It has full coverage but does not feel heavy on my skin! Finally a concealer that cover up my under eye circles! You also don’t need a lot and that is why I think it is worth the price🙌🏻

on 1/7/2018 7:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have really really dry under eyes and the worst dark circles, so usually whatever concealer I use clings to my dry areas and emphasizes them like no other UNTIL THIS ONE! This is so incredibly amazing for both covering up the darkness and also keeping my under eyes nice and hydrated. A holy grail for sure.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

NEVER going back to any other concealer ever again, best colour, best coverage, great price, absolutely amazing product and I will use it forever

on 10/24/2017 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love shape tape because it’s so easy to use. With every other concealer I’ve experienced creasing but not with shape tape. I don’t even use setting powder with it. Definitely my HG.

on 10/4/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm always make-up hunting and recently was recommended this by someone in the office who always looks amazing. I figured if I didn't like it, I'd just return it, but it's a keeper! I have dark circles right where my nose and eyes meet. Not dark circles under my eyes, but at that point. I used YSL for years, but now that I'm nearly 50, it wasn't enough coverage. This stuff stays on and gives great coverage, yet undetectable. The product is great, but the wand is not any good in my opinion. I actually have been using the YSL brush to put on the product. You really only need the slightest dab to cover the eye area. I'm very fair and usually use the lightest color, but use light instead of fair for a perfect match. I love that they have shades for people even fairer than I am (for example my red-headed alabaster-skinned niece.) I purchased it at Ulta and was very happy I tried to match before buying it. At the Ulta I purchased, they keep the Shape Tape behind the counter, so people haven't used what you are buying. Very happy with purchase!