Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.7

on 5/18/2018 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am disappointed with this concealer. I tried it on at Ulta and the salesperson kept saying how fantastic it is and I caved. Maybe I expect too much from a concealer, but on me it wasn't a holy grail at all. I have bad dark undereye circles and dry skin and the Tarte seemed to find every little line. I applied over eye cream and NYX color corrector (love that!) and It did give good coverage but it dried down thick and cakey.

I need to try it by itself, not over the color corrector. So far, I like Lancome's Effacernes and By Terry Touche Veloute much better.

Its so cakey, it adds +10-15 ages to your face. It might work when u have very oily skin but if ur skin is normal/dry, avoid this concealer. Coverage is medium to full.

I guess those beauty influencers really are paid by these companies....I expected SO much out of this concealer. I have dry skin and redness that normally I can get away by covering with just concealer, but the shape tape was not near as full coverage as was claimed, it creased like crazy under my eyes, while clinging onto every dry patch on my skin. I love the packaging and the huge applicator but the product itself is not worth the hefty price tag. I'm happier using my $7 maybelline concealer.

on 4/14/2018 7:12:00 AM

Packaging: Medium sized thick tube with a big applicator. If you travel often this might not be ideal for you. Product: I grabbed the shade “ Fair Neutral” which is a very light shade which makes it not useable for the under-eye area ( my mistake). I don’t know if it’s because i have normal- dry skin & the wrong shade but the product makes my undereye area look so dry !!!! Its a very thick concealer too which i don’t mind that much. However i now use this concealer to carve out my eyebrows & this makes them look so defined & clean !!! My fave concealer to use for this purpose!! Creates a perfect base for eyeshadow too. Overall i think i would buy this product again but not anytime soon as i only use it to carve out my brows & thanks to the thick tube there’s plenty of product to last ! If i found a dupe i then wouldn’t buy again. In the UK it ranges from £25-27 which is very pricey for a concealer to use for your brows in my opinion!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sadly this did not work out for me at all. The coverage is good and it's easy to blend, but I still prefer the KVD lock it concealer. I don't know what did it, might me the perfume since this is heavily scented, but this broke me out every time I wore it. So thus I've only kept using it under my eyes but even that has felt a bit itchy. And like others have said, I think this got a lot of hype mainly because so many youtubers endorsed it. Also the shape range is ridiculously bad for darker skin.

on 3/11/2018 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just bought this because my usual fave was running low. I got it in the color light, which is probably 1 to 2 shades lighter than the foundation I use. A little goes a long way and one pull from the tube works for both undereye areas. This really is fantastic and worth the $$!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far the best concealer I have ever used and I am 47 years old. It covers excellent, does not dry out my under eye and is convenient to carry in my purse for touch ups if need be... Probably one of the top 5 items I could not live without! <3

on 12/12/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mildly drawn to this product by the hype, but more so since I will try anything to conceal the hereditary dark (dark!) circles under my deep set eyes. Then, I tried it at Ulta over my IT bye bye Under eye concealer. Well, I was sold. Trotted out of the store excited to find my holy grail. Wrong. First of all, it does work well blended with the IT product. But I simply do not wish to do all the blending and prodding on a daily basis. And even if I go out barefaced, concealer under my eyes (and in a few other spots) is a must.

Alone, it's nothing special. Lightly applied it does not cover. More product, it looks cakey and dry after a while.

Pro: I like the fat wand.

I'll use this until it's empty, because it was pricey, but I won't miss it. To date, the best concealers I've used are NYX products. All good.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Well like in the other comments you get a big ass wand inside. But I personally like that because you can get a couple of areas at a time if you know what you're doing. I personally got a shade that was waaaaaaay to light for my nc45 complexion. but I mix it with another concealer and it does well. I don't see what the hype was about. It doesn't do anything any different than a concealer from the drugstore. the scent is soo overwhelming to me. I usually don't have a problem with makeup being scented but this kind of took me by surprise. Its a good concealer. Not bad at all. Love the cute packaging. But tarte is always on point with that. With that being said its nice. Not magic like you tubers made it out to be, but nice.

on 11/26/2017 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Talk about a YouTube-made-me-buy-it. Everyone and their mom was raving about this concealer so I figured I’d test it out. I had to buy it directly off of tarte’s website so selecting shades online was a little tricky. I get the sense that the shades run a bit light so keep that in mind if selecting online.

This isn’t the worse concealer I’ve tried, but it’s definitely the least natural looking one. The coverage is insane, so if that’s your one and only concern, than give er a shot. But its too much for everyday wear. You can really tell where you’ve used the product unless you’re also wearing a full coverage, full face of make up with it. Not only that, this looks so very dry under my eyes. If you have dry skin, I definitely don’t recommend. I think it probably looks amazing in front of bright studio lights but in real daylight? It looks a little too crazy for me. I had another gf try it and she also didn’t like it. Thought it was too much and ended up cakey on her combo skin.

Great shade range and no scent to the product (yay!). Also love that it’s cruelty free. Too bad it just looks so unnatural on my skin. Would not repurchase and would not recommend to be honest.